Author Topic: Closed the tip  (Read 7379 times)

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Closed the tip
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 03:48:02 PM »
Good photo Bird and pretty close what I witnessed, but that must be the Victorian cousins with all those Green cans.

Off memory the Cape York tribe had piles of Brisbane Bitter (Because it was cheap) and XXXX, plus double the amount of cans compared to your photo.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2021, 07:44:41 PM »
 Traditional owners of the Tip of Cape York were given a full working motel complex , the vandals and the jungle has wrecked this . The infastructer that they are wanting was allready in place but they never did a thing with what was a money making concern  .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:16 AM »
Traditional owners of the Tip of Cape York were given a full working motel complex , the vandals and the jungle has wrecked this . The infastructer that they are wanting was allready in place but they never did a thing with what was a money making concern  .
So, the vandals were tourists???
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:19 AM »
Yep Pajinka Wilderness Lodge, Mismanaged to rot and ruin .  Google shows its glory and what it has become in the last 20 years or so .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 09:02:22 AM »
In theses areas there are not just one people who own all the land, theirs a few different mobs and a couple of different council groups up until now the main big mob has got the loins share of government money and barge fares, and the TOs that own that tip bit have missed out on a lot of funding and have had bugger all say, but that is changing and shutting that area is is part of the process of change, Hope they get it sorted and get to manage there own lands, and it opens again, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer
The following users thanked this post: marvellous_matt, Spada, wakychapmans

Offline Wazza999

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 03:50:08 PM »
As of 11:15 yesterday 18/03/2021 still in a state of f(l)ux it would seem.
https://www.facebook.com/NorthernPeninsulaAreaRegionalCouncil/

NT Pajero/2007 Goldstream Crown

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2021, 04:39:28 PM »
In theses areas there are not just one people who own all the land, theirs a few different mobs and a couple of different council groups up until now the main big mob has got the loins share of government money and barge fares, and the TOs that own that tip bit have missed out on a lot of funding and have had bugger all say, but that is changing and shutting that area is is part of the process of change, Hope they get it sorted and get to manage there own lands, and it opens again, Craig
And this is the reason that an indigenous voice in the media, has nothing to do with First Nation peoples. Every MOB is in it for themselves, as they always have been. They are tribal, not a democratic society with a single voice for anything!
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 07:32:22 PM »
Sounds like the decision to close access to the tip will be reversed. But it is going to be at a cost. Access will be allowed after you pay for a pass to let you walk there.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »
Sounds like the decision to close access to the tip will be reversed. But it is going to be at a cost. Access will be allowed after you pay for a pass to let you walk there.
it was always about $$$$$$$$$$$$$
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

griz

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 09:21:15 PM »
Cape York Weekly
 ·
UPDATE: Tourists will pay an extra $10 on the Jardine River ferry to cover costs for toilets and other amenities. When the road is open, tourists will be able to access the Tip and have their photo taken.
------
BREAKING: The Tip of Cape York will remain OPEN in 2021 after a deal was struck between the NPA Regional Council and the Gudang/Yadhaykenu Aboriginal Corporation.
We told you all along not to believe the fake news being pedalled by the Cairns Post, who ran a deliberate scare campaign.
Now it's up to the tourists to do the right thing when they visit Cape York to make sure they leave the place better than when they arrived.

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2021, 04:12:15 AM »
UPDATE: Tourists will pay an extra $10 on the Jardine River ferry to cover costs for toilets and other amenities. When the road is open, tourists will be able to access the Tip and have their photo taken.
------

It's already the most expensive bit of water to cross in the world
The locals took to the original river crossing (South Bank) with a digger a while back so you have to use the ferry
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »
UPDATE tourists will be able to access the Tip and have their photo taken.

We last visited the Cape 3 years ago and did the normal photo opportunity with the sign, but not long after our photo 5 or 6 aboriginal kids aged between 12 and 15 came along and used the sign and a big area around it to rest there fishing rods/gear and were about to walk off and explore.  Just then another group of tourists arrived and politely asked if they could move there gear for a photo. The kids just started yelling at the tourists and telling them to F off and threatened them if they moved there fishing gear. 

So unfortunately that group didn't get the photo they traveled weeks to get  >:( 

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »
We last visited the Cape 3 years ago and did the normal photo opportunity with the sign, but not long after our photo 5 or 6 aboriginal kids aged between 12 and 15 came along and used the sign and a big area around it to rest there fishing rods/gear and were about to walk off and explore.  Just then another group of tourists arrived and politely asked if they could move there gear for a photo. The kids just started yelling at the tourists and telling them to F off and threatened them if they moved there fishing gear. 

So unfortunately that group didn't get the photo they traveled weeks to get  >:(

I’d have grown their gear in the tide
And then them if they wanted to push it
Most of the rubbish I’ve seen up there is from locals
Although the toilet paper everywhere can’t be blamed on them
For gods sake people burn the paper (wild dogs dig it up and it goes everywhere)
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »
Quote from: Beachman
The kids just started yelling at the tourists and telling them to F off and threatened them if they moved there fishing gear.

Challenge accepted  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
new pile of fertilizer on the way
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2021, 05:49:41 AM »
I was in Mapoon, Napranum and Weipa this week.  None of these areas are locked or are going to be locked.  Although they heard the B/S stories in the Paper and on social media that have no idea who started the rumours. Mapoon already has received a number of bookings for Easter and there are people at Pennefarther right now.

I was in NPA 3 weeks ago.  They were never going to lock tourists out either. The toilets are getting built as there have been complaints that there are no facilities there.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:09:58 AM by muzza01 »
The following users thanked this post: Spada

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2021, 08:02:40 AM »
I am not worried about the added cost as I have been at the top a few times , but I do blieve is that thre should be a fee , say $100 dollars per vehicle , to use the Tele Track . This could help with the maintaince and upgrades of the track , toilets at several of the camping areas and so forth . The amount of Shit that is laying around at these camp spots is beyond belief .

Go on run me down for my comment , call me a wanka if you want , but if you have been down this track you will uderstand where I am coming from .
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 06:37:13 PM by duggie »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
Good call Duggie, only caveat would be that it has to be actualy spent on doing that and proper accountable books be kept on income and expediture, plus taxed as in line with any other business .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: duggie

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2021, 11:38:12 AM »
I am not worried about the added cost as I have been at the top a few times , but I do blieve is that thre should be a fee , say $100 dollars per vehicle , to use the Tele Track . This could help with the maintaince and upgrades of the track , toilets at several of the camping areas and so forth . The amount of Shit that is laying around at these camp spots is beyond belief .

Go on run me down for my comment , call me a wakna if you want , but if you have been down this track you will uderstand where I am coming from .
100% agree Duggie.  Thankfully you and I got to see it I it’s prime.  These days the track is littered with broken discarded camping chairs, broken gazebos, rubbish and toilet paper.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2021, 03:57:39 PM »

Go on run me down for my comment , call me a wakna if you want , but if you have been down this track you will uderstand where I am coming from .
I think $100 would be well worth it for the experience ya wakna.
Hey, you said I could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »
Quote from: duggie
am not worried about the added cost as I have been at the top a few times , but I do blieve is that thre should be a fee , say $100 dollars per vehicle , to use the Tele Track . This could help with the maintaince and upgrades of the track , toilets at several of the camping areas and so forth . The amount of Shit that is laying around at these camp spots is beyond belief .

I dont think anyone would have an issue with the  $100 per convoy *IF* it was put back into the maintenance, dunnys etc, but we all know it wouldn't be.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 01:04:40 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »
I think $100 would be well worth it for the experience ya wakna.
Hey, you said I could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cup: :cheers: ;D ;D