Author Topic: Itinerary  (Read 3643 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Itinerary
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
Yes its on again a members trip to the Cape. This will be limited to only 15 Vehicles. 6 spots are already taken so I have 9 spare. Some will pull out as we get closer which is expected.

Dates: Sat  21st June 2014 to Sat 5th July We leave the week before the Qld School holidays.

Rough Itinerary and can change:

Cape York 2014

Sat: Cairns to Maytown: We leave Cairns and travel inland through Mareeba and turn off the bitumen and head to historic Maytown. 

Sunday: Maytown to Hahn River: We travel the old coach road which is a real challenge. Depending on time we may stop at Jowalbinna Rock Art Safari Camp of further up the road at Hahn River.

Monday: Hahn River to Moreton Telegraph Station.

Tuesday: Moreton Telegraph Station to Dulhunty River. Today we tackle the start of the OTL.

Wednesday: Dulhunty River. Enjoy a day relaxing in the clear waters of the Dulhunty River.

Thursday: Dulhunty River to Eliot Falls. We tackle the remaining southern part of the OTL crossing Gunshot creek and Cockatoo Creek.

Friday to Sat: Members must book a camp sites at Eliot falls and this will be our base for a couple of days. I will advise which sites to book and when as we can only book 6 months in advance. From here we will do the northern part of the OTL without the campers then travel to the Cape itself.(Members who have not been to the Cape can just do the OTL and head to the Cape after Vrylia Point) Here you can top up with food and drinks and get your photo taken at the Tip. This will be a full day and we will head back to our base camp that afternoon.

Sunday: Eliot Falls to Vrylia Point. We travel via the Development road to Vrilya Point and camp at the northern end.

Monday: Explore the area and drive along the beach to the Cottrell River , fish and watch the stunning sunsets over the Gulf.

Tuesday: A day to relax.

Wed: Time to head back down the track and part ways or members can head up to the Cape if they did not wish to do the trip while at Eliot Falls.

Members do not have to stick to the intinerary and can do what ever they would like.

Members can also bypass some of the OTL if they wish and catch up at the campsites we will be staying at.

Mark

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline yogi

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Smarter than the average Bear
Re: Itinerary
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:56:27 PM »
Looks like a great itinerary there Mark.

yogi

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:46:15 AM »
May look at changing a few things here and there. ;D

Mark

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
What....your now going to turn right instead of straight ahead  ;D

Mark
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
What....your now going to turn right instead of straight ahead  ;D

Mark

Hmmmm you have never been to the Cape. Gee I hope I don't loose someone in the bush.

Remember Pete, RIP  ;D

Mark

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »
I miss Pete...............he was a nice guy  :'(
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!