Author Topic: Re: Whats making news in 2019 edition  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »
So, is this Opal coming down?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/it-s-a-lemon-opal-tower-owners-and-residents-rage-at-building-debacle-20190102-p50p6c.html

You could almost run a poll

- it will stay after being fixed
It will stay as a deserted buildong, like many in Christchurch after the quake
- it will come down on its own 😲
- it will come down (knocked down)
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »
You could almost run a poll

- it will stay after being fixed
It will stay as a deserted buildong, like many in Christchurch after the quake
- it will come down on its own 😲
- it will come down (knocked down)
they will be cheap as piss to buy in few mths time... perfect rentals to "new australians" at $500/wk.

Edit::  Could you get insurance on an apartment there anymore?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:44:20 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 02:26:06 PM »

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/it-s-a-lemon-opal-tower-owners-and-residents-rage-at-building-debacle-20190102-p50p6c.html

Geez Bruce, a small tub of spak-filler will fix that.... its a new building for Shits sake, it will have some settling "hair-line cracks".
And, if you've seen Hairs Crack, you'll know why its being considered ok. (He sent me a photo once)  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »

Given the media’s propensity for sensationalism, I reckon it won’t be as bad as reported. They’ll fix it and in 5 years the prices will be back to where they would have been anyway.

The following users thanked this post: peteh

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »
It would be interesting to see some hard data on the number of pills tested in relation to harmful vs non harmful and the number of users who did or did not take their pills after testing and being spoken too about the dangers.
I have no issue with pill testing if it prevents a death, some users would be naive, others reckless, peer pressure is a frightening force.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/act/overwhelming-success-calls-for-expanding-pill-testing-after-canberra-trial-20180619-p4zmdn.html

More than 80 per cent of participants in the Australian-first pill testing trial at Canberra's Groovin the Moo believed they were taking MDMA, also known as ecstasy, when in reality less than half of all samples contained relatively pure MDMA, a new report has found.

The final report by the STA-Safe consortium, published on Wednesday, into April's trial at the Canberra music festival found that while 70 out of the trial's 83 participants believed they had bought MDMA, only 42 of the 70 pills contained some MDMA, and 32 contained a high purity.

The report also said patrons as young as 15 had bought pills in for testing at the festival, and 45 per cent of those taking part were aged 20 or younger.

Final analysis of data collected during the trial showed 125 people visited the pill-testing tent at the music festival. Eighty five drug samples were provided, 83 of them were usable test results.

Of the 83 samples tested on the day of the trial, 42 contained MDMA as the primary ingredient, while 17 contained fillers or cutting agents. Three people thought they had bought cocaine, but cocaine was the main ingredient in only two of the three samples and only one was relatively pure.

One drug was ketamine, an anesthestic and hallucinogen. Antihistamine, caffeine, dietary supplements, oil as well as toothpaste were also listed as some of the main ingredients in samples.

While some of the pills tested contained various types of paints and poisons, one pill had an ingredient linked to many deaths in Europe.
Staff reported finding several discarded pills on the floor when cleaning up after the event.
It would be a pretty safe assumption to say once word had got out that there was killer pills tested at the event then heaps of kids would have been throwing their pills away and not taking the risk.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 06:17:38 AM »
Illegal drugs are illegal .

Why are people trying to assist an illegal action?

Those who manufacture these drugs , they are breaking the law .

Those who are selling these drugs , they are breaking the law .

Those who are taking these drugs , are breaking the law .

Instead of assisting people to break the law . The laws need to change .

If a persons dies from taking illegal drugs , the person who sold them the drug should be charged with manslaughter .manslaughter. n. the unlawful killing of another person without premeditation or so-called "malice aforethought" ( Involuntary manslaughter usually refers to an unintentional killing that results from recklessness or criminal negligence, or from an unlawful act that is a misdemeanor or low-level felony )

If the manufacturer is then found he/she should be charged with murder . Murder. n . is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse.

These people make and sell drugs with the full knowledge that they may/will kill .

When I was at Ipswich hospital a week ago, i was asked if I took recreational drugs, to which I replied, you mean illegal drugs?
I don't agree with injecting rooms or anything similar either.

It would seem, to me anyway, are people more inclined to play follow the leader, more now than in the past.
Tattoos, what a waste that is.
Good looking girls and guys, ruining themselves with ink.
One person, at some point, stuck a small hoop in their ear..... now you have massive holes in ear lobes you could near drive through.
Shorts hanging off young guys bums.
Massive numbers of piecing's.
Lets not forget man buns.
So, is it peer pressure that pushes these folks to swallow, inject or smoke the Shit they do?

I sure don't remember this happening when I was a whole lot younger.

I have no friggin idea, how in hell, they will ever fix the ice problem we now have.
Even when you look at the penalty's for dealing drugs, its not all that high.

A few years ago, when Brett Stevens the drag racer went to the big house, it was 13 years and it was touted as being a very severe sentence.
I  reckon it should've been closer to 20 years, based on the after effect of what drugs do.

I sure as hell don't know the answer, but based on history, neither does anyone else.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:00:58 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 06:49:02 AM »
One of the biggest problems re drugs.  Our court system!  Just take notice how dealers are dealt with. The norm is suspended sentence. In otherwords - they get off scott free. So what message does that give.  Then how many American shows and movies make drug taking look normal or even fun.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 07:13:45 AM »
Oh Jeepers.... If only you heard all the things the old guys where saying about all of you young pot smoking acid taking hippies with your long hair, mutton chops and those stupid bell bottom jeans....

I’m pretty sure you weren’t one of those 80’s youths with all that cocaine, hair spray, fluro cloths and fingerless gloves.

Every older generation has said the younger is stupid with their fashion and lifestyle choices.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:15:39 AM by Pete79 »

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 07:29:13 AM »
Oh Jeepers.... If only you heard all the things the old guys where saying about all of you young pot smoking acid taking hippies with your long hair, mutton chops and those stupid bell bottom jeans....

I’m pretty sure you weren’t one of those 80’s youths with all that cocaine, hair spray, fluro cloths and fingerless gloves.

Every older generation has said the younger is stupid with their fashion and lifestyle choices.

True Pete.  Problem is nowadays people dont want toaccept responsibility for their actions. The courts wont give harsh sentences because our jails are overloaded (and the crims know this). 40 years ago tv and newspapers took way longer than 24 hours to report an event.  With social media, mobile phones, internet etc.etc...we virtually have live news 24 hours a day.  Everyone knows drugs can kill.  The concoctions mad up these days are way more sophisticated (as well as deadly) than what was available 40 years ago. Also much, much more available. .

So we have people taking illegal drugs, known to be possibly deadly, bought from an unknown source and taken at an event where the promoters do not want the drugs.  Yet some do gooders want the highly illegal drugs tested to ensure the taker all is well.  As I said...can we also allow a car-jacker to take his stolen vehicle in for a roadworthy to ensure he doesnt have an accident due to a fault vehicle?.

Stop bloody treating criminals as anything but!  The age of entitlement and non-responsibility should be over. Our hospitals, jails and welfare system is clogged with people who couldnt care less about anyone but themselves.

Bell bottomed jeans.....if caught now I,d reckon a 6 month jail term for crimes against humanity would be fair.. ;D
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 07:30:01 AM »
We are just a soft society on the issue of drugs. Singapore has a minimal problem with drugs and less with drug traffickers. Same as vandalism the punishments fit the crime. Either legalize drugs or get serious about them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/singapore-is-winning-the-war-on-drugs-heres-how/2018/03/11/b8c25278-22e9-11e8-946c-9420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.d05ae1de9337
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Bellbottoms were my only vice on that list I think.

I can remember, having a couple of puffs on a joint at about 17, but as a non smoker, I coughed and hacked  and nearly threw up.

I never understood spending the money on that sort of stuff, when I could invest more wisely in modified car parts and the like.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 08:41:14 AM »
Hi,
    Don't knock the bell bottoms, or flairs as I think they were called.
There is still a yellow pair of those at the left side of my wardrobe.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01:11 AM »
When I was at Ipswich hospital a week ago, i was asked if I took recreational drugs, to which I replied, you mean illegal drugs?
I don't agree with injecting rooms or anything similar either.

It would seem, to me anyway, are people more inclined to play follow the leader, more now than in the past.
One person, at some point, stuck a small hoop in their ear..... now you have massive holes in ear lobes you could near drive through.
Shorts hanging off young guys bums.
Massive numbers of piecing's.
Lets not forget man buns.
So, is it peer pressure that pushes these folks to swallow, inject or smoke the Shit they do?

I sure don't remember this happening when I was a whole lot younger.

I have no friggin idea, how in hell, they will ever fix the ice problem we now have.
Even when you look at the penalty's for dealing drugs, its not all that high.

A few years ago, when Brett Stevens the drag racer went to the big house, it was 13 years and it was touted as being a very severe sentence.
I  reckon it should've been closer to 20 years, based on the after effect of what drugs do.

I sure as hell don't know the answer, but based on history, neither does anyone else.

c'mon Kev, you'd look great with a set of calamari ears I reckon...lol.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »
Flairs were only cool if you had the platform shoes to go with them.
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
Yep agree totally,. theres one at the local NQR store, that is about 16-18, full legs and full arms, neck the lot coated... no wonder she works at NQR..

Small hoop in the ear... I see you 1 small hoop in the ear, and raise you 1 pure fuktard.

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
My thoughts - first come first served

Should campers on public land be able to reserve the same site, year after year?It's a heated issue that has reached boiling point at a sought-after South Gippsland coastal campsite, after its management switched from allowing automatic renewals to a ‘‘first come, first served’’ booking system.

Long-term campers are angry, and anxious that their treasured annual reunions with family and friends in adjacent caravans, are about to end.

But campers who have difficulty booking sites in summer say everyone should have the opportunity to camp on public land.

One woman said some renewers were ‘‘entitled’’ and ‘‘territorial’’.

Helen Nicholls with her son Tom, husband Mark and son Jake have camped at Walkerville for many summers.Credit:Simon Schluter

Until now, campers at Walkerville Foreshore Reserve, which overlooks Wilsons Prom, 190 kilometres south-east of Melbourne, have been able to re-book the same site for the next summer when they checked out, with a $50 deposit.

Regulars' sites were discreetly reserved, so that new people who tried to snare them were told they were taken.

But the Walkerville Foreshore Reserve Committee has ruled that for the 2019-20 summer high season, all campers will have to go online from 9am on May 1, selecting a campsite from a website catalogue.

Helen Nicholls says it will be ‘‘fastest finger first’’ and this could be her last Walkerville holiday after 24 summers here.

Her sons Jake, 23, and Tom, 20, both have autism – Tom's is severe, with an intellectual disability.

She says Tom feels secure and her mind is at rest because the layout – kiosk, beach and playground – is familiar to him.

Tom happily sits for hours feeding the rosellas or goes on walks with his parents.

If Tom, who is non-verbal, starts flapping and clapping, other campers ‘‘treat him like a regular person, they say hello to him, which is lovely’’.

Ms Nicholls said long-term campers are ‘‘very angry’’ at the new non-renewal regime.

At Wilsons Prom, campers wanting one of Tidal River’s 484 campsites between Christmas Eve and Australia Day went into a ballot between June 1 and June 30 last year.

One site still allowing regulars to renew is foreshore that Mornington Peninsula Shire manages along Rosebud, Rye and Sorrento, where about 800 regulars can apply by January 26 for their old sites for the following year.

The remaining 400 or so other sites consist of two to five-week stays, secured through a ballot.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/unhappy-gippsland-campers-face-losing-their-annual-camping-spots-20190103-p50pf8.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »

Good looking girls and guys, ruining themselves with ink

Tattoo parlors will go broke if Centrelink brings in the cashless card system .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »
The amount of corporate people walking around with full sleeve tatts, i dont think so
Cheers

Justin

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »
Once upon a time tatts meant something.  Nowadays they simply say...I,m another sheep following the flock with no f,en idea what I,m about.  You see some really good looking young women covered in scribbly Shit that makes them look cheap. Bit like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.  Each to their own but I,ll bet they will regret when their brain reaches maturity and they take a bit of pride in themselves.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »
Yep agree totally,. theres one at the local NQR store, that is about 16-18, full legs and full arms, neck the lot coated... no wonder she works at NQR..

Small hoop in the ear... I see you 1 small hoop in the ear, and raise you 1 pure fuktard.

Can save money by doing his own annual tooth checkup..  Handy for quick snacks...you can gnaw on a dim sim and stick a chicko roll through your cheek as well....... :angel:

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »

Can save money by doing his own annual tooth checkup..  Handy for quick snacks...you can gnaw on a dim sim and stick a chicko roll through your cheek as well....... :angel:
"Hi dad.. meat my new boyfriend"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0mRJlQwUs
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »
The dickhead with the gapping hole in his head.

What the f happens when he sneezes, because covering his mouth isn't gunna do a lot.

Offline OldPaj

• Tent User
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »
I was talking to the neighbours dipsheet daughter about her full sleeve tattoo and how it looked (yukk in my opinion but didn't mention it that way).
She was really proud of it and it only cost her $1000 per inch! from a tattooist in rural Vic.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2019, 07:05:59 PM »
Flairs were only cool if you had the platform shoes to go with them.
And a paisley shirt....

That reminds me, where is my paisley shirt....  ???
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.