Author Topic: hi  (Read 2192 times)

Offline annybel

• Learning the Ropes
hi
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:58:44 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Annabel I'm from Melbourne and currently camp with a large canvas tent. We are about to purchase our first camper trailer in October. Is this a good time to buy? We are thinking of going to the camping show to buy it. Do you get great deals at the shows or are you better going straight to the dealer.
Thanx
Annie.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Annabel I'm from Melbourne and currently camp with a large canvas tent. We are about to purchase our first camper trailer in October. Is this a good time to buy? We are thinking of going to the camping show to buy it. Do you get great deals at the shows or are you better going straight to the dealer.
Thanx
Annie.
            G'Day Annabel........  Welcome to the forum.....Hope you get some good info from here....Wish you well with your ct selection...Don't forget ....we all love pics here.

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
 hi 'Annabelle from Melbourne' - in answer to your question yes now is a good time to buy at least second hand. go for a drive around some of the newer suburbs and your bound to find some for sale on street corners (unless that's illegal in Victoria) and many will have been used once or twice and the novelty has worn off so are still quite new. have a look on ebay too, but be prepared to travel further for a good bargain and ask to see the unit assembled. if they can do it in front of you, so much the better as you will get to see if a camper trailer is really for you as some can be hard work - we have a large canvas one and the heavy gauge ripstop can be tiring to work with after a long drive from the city to a campground, then putting up an annex that's three metres by seven metres in one piece with ten poles and three rafters and two cross beams is a job for the keen but worth the effort and you do develop a strategy to make it simpler

camping shows are mainly good for checking quality of finish of the various manufacturers and seeing what you want and weighing it up against what you can actually afford - its very easy to be impressed by the displays then you get to see the prices and disappointment can set in - but don't be discouraged as around the corner is another one that may be within or even just closer to your price range

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
G'day Annie and welcome to myswag.  Camping shows can be a bit of a trap for unwarry players.  Make sure you have done your research first and checked prices.  Many a camping show "bargain" is not really a bargain at all.  Good luck.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:10:09 PM »
Welcome Annabel
Do your research on what you need in a CT,
Then check what is available that matches your requirements within your budget.
Best to then ask the guys here for comments(sometimes this might open a can of worms) but you should then have an idea of what to look at when the show comes along.
You may even be able to get a deal that suits before you join the masses at the show.
Good luck and I hope you find a great CT for you.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT