Author Topic: Myhealth opt out Oct 15th deadline for automatic registration.  (Read 10909 times)

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
In case theres any other tin foil hatters out there that dont know.
Heres the opt out link.
https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/opt-out-my-health-record

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Poita

• Swag User
Re: Myhealth opt out Oct 15th deadline for automatic registration.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
I think it's a brilliant idea. It's so annoying not knowing my health history in detail and having to re-explain stuff or remember when I last had a tetanus shot etc every time I go to a different doctor!

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 07:09:14 PM »
I think it's a brilliant idea. It's so annoying not knowing my health history in detail and having to re-explain stuff or remember when I last had a tetanus shot etc every time I go to a different doctor!

And it'll be so handy in the future, when your company has hired a "consultant", and somehow they decided that you may not be a suitable candidate for promotion, because you "appear" to have high stress levels...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:31:27 PM »
The only advantage I can see is for people who change GP’s regularly. For them there is a convenience factor although most GP’s will send a history to the new GP if asked. Otherwise all the issues regarding privacy and security of your personal information are a pretty major downside.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:08:31 PM »
The only advantage I can see is for people who change GP’s regularly. For them there is a convenience factor although most GP’s will send a history to the new GP if asked. Otherwise all the issues regarding privacy and security of your personal information are a pretty major downside.

Now I'm no doctor but I think the advantage for the swagger being registered,  who is on the road let say out at Birdesville, on Warfarin, has a medical episode, incoherent, flying doctor medi- vacs them out for urgent surgery. I think the swagger would be glad that the Drs had quick access to their medical records, quickly realising that the dr needs to give them a clotting drug before putting the knife in, otherwise needing to delay surgery or potentially causing dangerous bleeding as a result of the warfarin.

It amazes me that some people are willing to give Apple their thumb print or eye retina access, Facebook when they last had a sh#t, the my-gov their personal details for Dr fee rebate, Centrelink payments etc but are up in arms over giving medical practitioners assess to their medical file which may one day save their life.
The following users thanked this post: Poita

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:11:41 PM »
And it'll be so handy in the future, when your company has hired a "consultant", and somehow they decided that you may not be a suitable candidate for promotion, because you "appear" to have high stress levels...

And how will they get that ?

It amazes me that some people are willing to give Apple their thumb print or eye retina access, Facebook when they last had a sh#t, the my-gov their personal details for Dr fee rebate, Centrelink payments etc but are up in arms over giving medical practitioners assess to their medical file which may one day save their life.

:cheers:
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 08:15:22 PM »
Now I'm no doctor but I think the advantage for the swagger being registered,  who is on the road let say out at Birdesville, on Warfarin, has a medical episode, incoherent, flying doctor medi- vacs them out for urgent surgery. I think the swagger would be glad that the Drs had quick access to their medical records, quickly realising that the dr needs to give them a clotting drug before putting the knife in, otherwise needing to delay surgery or potentially causing dangerous bleeding as a result of the warfarin.

Yep I travel a lot for work and had the occasion to visit the odd interstate G.P. and this will be a god send . On a lesser case I ran out of some anti inflams I need for elbow recently and the only script was out of date. So went to local chemist and she looked me up and said as a regular with history no issues 
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »

The quick and timely access is an issue for remote work. On a recent refresh of my Remote Area First Aid course it was r3commended that if you travel alone that the relevant info be kept in your wallet or purse. This is because Police and Ambulance will look for any info if possible.  And if in a group, that you gave each vehicle in the group a copy of your info in a sealed envelope for emergencies. There are issues with any database being current and able to be relied upon for information.

I’m not here to convince anyone. Here are the cases for

https://theconversation.com/my-health-record-the-case-for-opting-in-99850

And against

http://theconversation.com/my-health-record-the-case-for-opting-out-99302

Cheers

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
I’ve moved around quite a bit and probably haven’t been to the same GP more than twice in over 10 years. So I think this is a pretty good idea.

Offline RedProw

• Swag User
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »
What could possibly go wrong?
https://www.smh.com.au/technology/government-left-red-faced-by-health-privacy-commissioner-s-website-bungle-20180717-p4zs1t.html

Thats the least of my concerns.
Corporations will be scheming like you've never seen to get their grubby hands into it.
Wonder how many retired pollies end up on the boards of these corporations once they water down our privacy under the guise of national security, research or the myriad of other back doors to allow them access?
We are a very laid back as a nation, and pollies know it, taking advantage of us every chance they get.
When Im 70, of no fixed abode, diagnosed with 3 different serious medical conditions, then maybe I might consider it.
Probably not.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »
Quote from: rags
I think Apples or even stalkerbook's security is about a billion times better than anything our Shit Gov would ever dream of paying for....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:31 AM »
Many doctors haven't bothered to readily jumping onboard (more work for them), so you need to ask your doctor to do it if you want it done.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
And how will they get that ?

:cheers:

The same way that any other "super secure" private data ends up being accessed eventually... If there is any way someone can make a buck out of it, it will be done..
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
The same way that any other "super secure" private data ends up being accessed eventually... If there is any way someone can make a buck out of it, it will be done..
Anything connected to the internet can be accessed, just ask Bird.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
If it was only for doctors it probably wouldn’t be too bad.

Unfortunately it’s the 3rd party stuff that’s the concern.
I give the insurance industry about 3-6 months until they’ve got open access to everything through some guise of “medical research” or what ever loop hole gets left open for them.

Shame really, we can just add this one to the long list of good ideas poorly executed.... :(

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 06:27:11 PM »
Quote from: Pete79
we can just add this one to the long list of good ideas poorly executed.... :(
Nail on the head.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »
Nail on the head.
Nail on the head, you need that in your medical records cause they're  normally on your fingers and toes! ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline OldPaj

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »
A week ago I had a routine blood test (cholesterol, PSA etc.) and the form had a clearly marked box to tick, and I was asked if I wanted to tick it, saying "Do not upload results to Health Records" . I opted to tick the box as I do not know enough at that point about data access issues within Health Records. After the health privacy commissioner had his say, I certainly am inclined to opt out.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 12:04:24 PM »
Doctors have been using the system for at least the last 5years. The login is on the myGov website, the same place you login in for Centrelink and ATO so what's the difference. Your data can be stolen from anywhere, including this forum so I don't see why people are so caught up on their security when it's already out there for someone to steal.
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »
It's like leaving a pie on a window ledge.
Someone will take it, and you won't know till it's gone.  Too late then.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Myhealth opt out Oct 15th deadline for automatic registration.
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
Doctors have been using the system for at least the last 5years. The login is on the myGov website, the same place you login in for Centrelink and ATO so what's the difference. Your data can be stolen from anywhere, including this forum so I don't see why people are so caught up on their security when it's already out there for someone to steal.
It’s not the data being stolen that’s the issue. It’s the data being compiled and sold that’s the problem.

If I can give a personal example.
As a 2nd year apprentice many moons ago, there was a week when the weather was perfect for fishing on the reef. So I happened to develop a bit of a sore back for a few days and couldn’t make it into work.
On my return the company put me on lite duties and I had to attend a couple of sessions of Physio to get fit for work again.

Today I’m sure there’s a dusty old manila folder shoved down the back of a filing cabinet in a back room of a little country hospital with my injury report in it and no employer ever since that day has any knowledge of my “pre-existing back injury”.

Now if an apprentice working today decides to pull the same youthful prank they are completely screwed.
That “pre-existing back injury” will haunt them for life.

All of the other Cambridge Analytica companies out their today are primed and ready to start data mining their way through all of our medical records and willing to selling this data to anyone that wants to purchase it.....

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »
It’s not the data being stolen that’s the issue. It’s the data being compiled and sold that’s the problem.

If I can give a personal example.
As a 2nd year apprentice many moons ago, there was a week when the weather was perfect for fishing on the reef. So I happened to develop a bit of a sore back for a few days and couldn’t make it into work.
On my return the company put me on lite duties and I had to attend a couple of sessions of Physio to get fit for work again.

Today I’m sure there’s a dusty old manila folder shoved down the back of a filing cabinet in a back room of a little country hospital with my injury report in it and no employer ever since that day has any knowledge of my “pre-existing back injury”.

Now if an apprentice working today decides to pull the same youthful prank they are completely screwed.
That “pre-existing back injury” will haunt them for life.

All of the other Cambridge Analytica companies out their today are primed and ready to start data mining their way through all of our medical records and willing to selling this data to anyone that wants to purchase it.....
i guess if you hadn’t of pretended to be injured it wouldn’t be a problem down the track....that’s the karma bus IMO.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Myhealth opt out Oct 15th deadline for automatic registration.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 01:47:50 PM »
i guess if you hadn’t of pretended to be injured it wouldn’t be a problem down the track....that’s the karma bus IMO.
Never had a sickie in your whole life aye.....??

The karma bus gets fibbers too you know.

Edit;
The boss would have never believed I had the flu for a whole week, it had to more serious then that and the fishing was bloody awesome.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:50:55 PM by Pete79 »

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »
Never had a sickie in your whole life aye.....??

The karma bus gets fibbers too you know.

Edit;
The boss would have never believed I had the flu for a whole week, it had to more serious then that and the fishing was bloody awesome.
i actually used to ring my boss Sunday arvos and tell him I was at Fishos drinking with mates, so wouldn’t be in tomorrow....no need to lie to get the day off. I did a 3 year apprenticeship and have been self employed ever since...so no I never did what you asked as such.