Author Topic: Boots for the beast in Melb  (Read 2094 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Boots for the beast in Melb
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:35:37 AM »
Its about time to start to khink about new boots for the beast . I dont want to discuss the pro& cons of every tyre  as we all have our own wants there .
Lets talk $  , you wonder in to tyre bloke and chat to him about this & that then sit down while he gives you the price   Sh@$  THAT MUCH for 2 or 5 . I am wondering if you were to go in to 1 dealer with a shopping list for 10 or more Swaggers that required what ever the brand instead of 3or 5 lets talk 30 to 50 . post up a list of whats what in Melb , It might be worth a go to try it . If the savings are there then its a good deal for all .
Shopping list the list of tyres to be compiled 
payment direct to the dealer
pick up by yourself
bulk purchase  less $
Lets bounce the idea around & see whos looking  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Boots for the beast in Melb
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
Thats a good idea, I just had some boots fitted to my cruiser 275/70/16 and shopped around, several wanted $345 or more per tyre for the brand I wanted and I was able to get it down to $280 fitted and balanced.  You should be able to get some good deals doing it in bulk.  Im sure I could have pruned the price a little more but I did enough searching.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline fabulous

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:12:13 AM »
Wide Tread in Ferntree Gully.   There is no haggling or issues, they'll give their best price.  We recently got some 275/75/17r  BFG's.  Happy with the price and happy with the service !

Phil & Karen
Our Camper

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=5261.0

Our Patrol

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=10214.msg152303#msg152303

Offline ralphedward

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
Speewa,

If you have the 18inch on your Paj like I have on mine then forget about deals.  Bloody stupid dimension wheel ???

I've been searching the net for awhile and I got the best price for the tyres I wanted locally (Murrumbeena).  Had the car aligned locally (Carnegie) for a really good price as well.   

Remember, the internet is your friend - and then as a man with your persuasive powers - well the worlds your oyster!!!!
SWMBO made me do it (whatever it was I did)!
VW Amarok & 'Cooper' the Tambo.