Author Topic: Tru Blu Camper Trailers vs. Tambo Campers  (Read 8806 times)

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
Tru Blu Camper Trailers vs. Tambo Campers
« on: January 29, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »
We visited the Tru Blu Camper Trailers and Tambo Campers showrooms this morning. We had a good look over the Eagle 4x4 and the Tambo Omeo, similar price range and both trailers looked awesome.

The thing about the Tambo we liked as the walkway up to the bed so we aren't climbing over each other for 12 months while we are on the road. It also had loads of storage.

With the Tru Blu we liked the kitchen layout and the pockets and storage areas within the tent. You could also zip the windows up from the inside.

Anyone out there got either of these CT's that could pass on their thoughts?

Thanks.
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Tru Blu Camper Trailers vs. Tambo Campers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
You can't go wrong with a Tambo, simple, strong & reliable. The only reason we sold ours was for some inside couches.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline antman123

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
Hi,

The wife and I have a Tru Blue Crow 4x4 which is the model down from the Eagle I think.  We love it, it has the two drawer/two burner kitchen and is so easy to put up.  The quality is great too, I'm no tradesman but I can't fault anything that Ive seen so far.

That being said, I've seen the Tambos too and they are a great unit.  If your asking for an opinion Id go for the Tru Blue but then I'm a little biased I guess.

Good luck with your choice.

Anthony

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
I forgot to mention, a blue camper is just wrong  ;D
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
Good friends of ours had  Tru Blu and their dust sealing left alot to be desired.  Everytime we arrived somewhere after driving on a dirt road they had to wipe down everything in their kitchen, which weh ngetting in late is really annoying.

They had the dust seals all replaced (at their own expense), which did help but didn't solve the problem.

Having said that, it travelled down the Finke Track with a convoy including a Trak Shak, Kimberley, and a custom home made off road trailer and was the only one that came through unscathed (apart from the dust ingression).

Offline Juzzo

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
We have a tru blu vulture from 2005 and can't fault it. We also looked at the Tambo and were really impressed. We just happened to pick this one up second hand at the right time. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

I don't mind the blue either...

Juz

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »
Some friends just returned from a 4 week trip with a Tambo Omeo with the walkway. Next time we catch up, (Soon) I can ask them there thoughts if you like.

Another mate has a new Tru Blu, he has done a few trips in it including a short outback run and some High Country Tracks, and loves it so far. He is taking it up the Cape this year.

Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline Pumbaa

• Tent User
  • Got the 4 x4 and the Omeo C/T, Where to Now
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
I can wait to pick up our Tambo Omeo...........  I wish the days would go faster

I did the same thing looking at all the shows and different campers and still kept coming back to Tambo. Keith and Amanda at Tambo as great to deal with.

Greg

Offline ldsparrow

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • www.1yearoff.com.au
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »
Some friends just returned from a 4 week trip with a Tambo Omeo with the walkway. Next time we catch up, (Soon) I can ask them there thoughts if you like.

Another mate has a new Tru Blu, he has done a few trips in it including a short outback run and some High Country Tracks, and loves it so far. He is taking it up the Cape this year.

Rich

Thanks everyone for responding. Rich, that would be great if you could ask your friends how they went with the Omeo.
Blog: www.1yearoff.com.au

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »
Never had a problem with my Tambo, I am sure you could talk to Tambo to see if they could add/change some of the things you like with the Tru Blue camper

GG

Offline ralphedward

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
I can wait to pick up our Tambo Omeo...........  I wish the days would go faster

I did the same thing looking at all the shows and different campers and still kept coming back to Tambo. Keith and Amanda at Tambo as great to deal with.

Greg

Don't know about the Omeo, but I pick up my Cooper tomorrow and I just have to add to Pumbaa's comment.  Keith and Amanda at Tambo are fantastic - and believe me I've made numerous changes to my purchase yet they take it in their stride and get on with their business -(which is you and your camping experience).  I've been in business for a number of years myself and these two are fantastic to deal with!
SWMBO made me do it (whatever it was I did)!
VW Amarok & 'Cooper' the Tambo.