Author Topic: So What Did You Do For Australia Day ?  (Read 17927 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: So What Did You Do For Australia Day ?
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 01:52:26 AM »
             DREAMING  ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline jasonw

• Swag User
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
we (construction industry) had 5 days off. Our family makes Aus day the family weekend get together as sometimes easter and chrissy can be too hard. this year we were off to Bonnie Doon, we stayed at a caravan park as some of the family dont camp and need a cabin. Didnt have the best weekend away as the first 2 nights other people stayed up talking/partying until 3am, rang the manager at 11pm as they were just starting to really fire up (11pm no noise policy), and 2am. the other 3 nights the noisy ones had beem kicked out so it got better. the ladies toilet were constantly blocked up and in some cases overflowing so no need to say we wont be going back there again. apart from that we had a great time away swimming, drinking and eating.
(sorry to sound like a complainer)
jimboomba excalaber camper

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
Mowing grass ... grows so bloody fast ... really should get a bloke in, but from what I read its hard to find a good one  ...  ;D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
Barry If I hear of said same I give you his name  ::)
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
Jimmy Barnes was doing a concert at Merimbula for Aussie day. So headed down there on Tuesday with the CT & booked in to a park.
Aussie day, visited the minister's sister & her hubbie for bbq lunch - no grog  >:(
Headed for the show where it was a NO BYO  :'(  Smuggled me mate Jimmy Beam in & had a blast  :cup:
Travellin' home the next day, minister pointed out we didn't need to be home till Sunday arvo at the latest, so suggested we book into our favourite park at Potato Point for another couple of days - my minister's a gem sometimes  :-*
Had a pearler of a time  :cheers:
Bob and Robyn

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »
bobnrob, love your handle - way to go!
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Stone Stomper

• Tent User
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2011, 06:54:20 AM »
We managed to get from Tuesday to Sunday off and headed up to Lake Bonney SA free camping on the Lake.

It was great to see the restrictor removed and the flow of the Murray filling the lake again which is now over full and great to see the town of Barmera buzing again.

www.stonestomper.com.au