Author Topic: Bunnings  (Read 27777 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Bunnings
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

And Paddo hardware, like an alladins cave and smells like it too
they have some great gear in there, and some stuff is surprisingly well priced also. i saved a fortune buying my heritage light switches and power points from there vrs buying them at an electrical wholesaler, i was very surprised at the price differance.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »

I wish you'd all stop swearing at me.  That B word is known to us as "The Place We Don't Speak Of" or "Hell in a Hardware" or "The Faeces Hole" ... I used to work in one and vowed never to step foot back in one.  I have had to rather begrudgingly, but then realised exactly why I quit and got the Flock Outta There.

Give me a Dog-a-log or a big metric 10mm any day.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
In my experience it depends on the management of each Bunnings as to the attitude of the staff working there to a large degree.

My son's best mate works at one Bunnings, they treat the staff reasonably well and the staff respond in kind to the customers and actually give a damn.

My BIL works at a different Bunnings where the staff are treated not so well. BIL does his best but it is difficult to keep motivated in that environment.

My mother did a horticultural course when she retired and got a part timme job at Bunnings (a third Bunnings). She was treated very badly (in my opinion) and would work at least 30 to 60 minutes after rostered finishing time to make sure the plants were organised and watered. The extra time was not paid time and my father often ended up going in to give her a hand. Whilst she was on breaks, or shopping after work customers would come up and ask her a question and she would drop what she was doing to give them a hand. She would start an hour early and ask to leave a little early to get to the grandkids performance/award ceremony etc and was told no way.
In the end she had the chance to go overseas for 8 weeks and asked for leave without pay. Was told she would have to resign and re-apply when she returned. She resigned but did not do the second part.

It really depends on the store, and the person.

Bunyip
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline Ricklanga

• Swag User
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
I can beat everyone. I was renovating the toilet a few years back & was a little concerned about asbestos. I asked one of the blokes in Bunnings if there was a way to test for it & he said not to worry about it as it takes twenty years to kill you :-S .... I'm  kinda hoping to live well past sixty.

It's funny how we remember the bad experiences but tend to push the good experiences to the back of our minds. I guess I should mention that I ordered a sheet of aqua-panel for the ceiling in this reno. After being contacted on two separate occasions that my order was ready to pick up, only to discover on each occasion that it had not arrived, I was a little peeved & had a word with the manager. After about three weeks my order finally did arrive, but instead of matt finish, like I ordered, I got gloss. Again I was peeved & had another word with the manager. He told me to keep the sheet, refunded my money ($150) & ordered me the correct sheet at no cost (another $150 worth). I decided to use the gloss on the toilet ceiling after all & put the matt sheet toward the bathroom reno. Although they did stuff me around you can't fault their effort to put things right.

--
Richard.
2004 Pajero Exceed & 2012 Jayco Eagle Outback

It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.