Author Topic: Iveco motorhome  (Read 4205 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Iveco motorhome
« on: November 26, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
My parents are looking at moving on from their Jayco Eagle as they are a bit over the put up and down and looking to do a bit more touring so are looking at a motorhome, I don't have much experience with them but the one they are looking at is a 2005 Iveco daily with 61K km's on the clock It's a make I haven't heard of so not sure what differance that makes compared to say a Winnebago (they like this layout better) and I don't know a lot about the Iveco but from what I know they seem to have a decent reputation in the light truck market.

Is there any particular things they should be looking at or taking into consideration other than the usual condition, service history etc?

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Iveco motorhome
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:08 PM »
Just looking at some of the forums, I don't think they are as bulletproof as they are made out to be. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like one.
https://ivecoforums.com/55s17w-design-faults-t8659.html
Keith
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:23:43 PM by KeithB »
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: tryagain

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »
Just looking at some of the forms, I don't think they are as bulletproof as they are made out to be. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like one.
https://ivecoforums.com/55s17w-design-faults-t8659.html
Keith

Yeah, they certainly aren't bulletproof, but most of the issues seem to be specific to the 4x4 ones (transfer cases etc), the one they are looking at is just a 2wd so a lot of the issues won't be applicable. For those looking at the 4x4 version I think this site is good http://www.goingbush.com/iveco4.html

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:32 PM »
As l understand the Jayco Eagle is 5th wheeler  . To go to a motor home is a big change  . Every time you want to drive to town for a pint of milk & a loaf of bread you have to pack up everything  . Not split the rig & leave the trailer  . Just a thought            >:D                          :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

KingBilly

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 09:04:09 PM »
Who made the motorhome body?  Doubt it was Iveco.

KB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 11:27:50 PM »
As l understand the Jayco Eagle is 5th wheeler  . To go to a motor home is a big change  . Every time you want to drive to town for a pint of milk & a loaf of bread you have to pack up everything  . Not split the rig & leave the trailer  . Just a thought            >:D                          :cheers:

It's a eagle like a swan, didn't know they did a 5th wheeler eagle as well, that's more that a tad confusing.

It's a good point about having to pack up to go anywhere though, I think it will likely be ok for them with the way they travel but worth hiring one first to see, and pack up won't be too involved.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »
Who made the motorhome body?  Doubt it was Iveco.

It's in the link in the first post, just click/tap on the blue writing.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 04:22:23 AM »
Looking at the one you linked looks like "large bed is just a normal single bed size, not a skinny caravan bed. However sleeps in it would have to crawl from the foot end to get in bed.
The ad says it sleeps 2 so the other would be the dining table folding down to make a bed.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

KingBilly

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
It's in the link in the first post, just click/tap on the blue writing.

Could of told me in less words  :D. Sorry, I don’t click on unknown links these days.

KB

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 06:03:26 AM »
Don’t confuse the 2wd with the 4wd. They are completely different vehicles built by 2 different companies and share hardly any parts. The 4wd is built by SCAM trucks somewhere in middle earth by hobbits and is a complete Shitbox. The 2wd comes off Iveco’s own line and by all accounts are pretty good. You will have to do a model specific search rather than just ask about daily’s if you want accurate information.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:10 AM »
Looking at the one you linked looks like "large bed is just a normal single bed size, not a skinny caravan bed. However sleeps in it would have to crawl from the foot end to get in bed.
The ad says it sleeps 2 so the other would be the dining table folding down to make a bed.

I haven't seen it in the flesh but I think that pic is likely a bit misleading, I think that bed would be at least double bed width at the top which would be ok for them, having to climb over each other like with their Jayco isn't preferable so this is a good option as achieves that without needing the foot print of an island bed. The dining table is just that, not a bed.

edit, here is a pic of a same model but from a different angle

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:19:01 PM by tryagain »

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
Could of told me in less words  :D. Sorry, I don’t click on unknown links these days.

KB

If you hover a mouse over a link you should see the actual link in the bottom left hand of the screen, so not unknown then.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:23:26 AM by tryagain »

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
Don’t confuse the 2wd with the 4wd. They are completely different vehicles built by 2 different companies and share hardly any parts. The 4wd is built by SCAM trucks somewhere in middle earth by hobbits and is a complete Shitbox. The 2wd comes off Iveco’s own line and by all accounts are pretty good. You will have to do a model specific search rather than just ask about daily’s if you want accurate information.

Thanks, I thought there was a difference but didn't know much more than that. I have had a look online and can't see anything alarming about that model.

KingBilly

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »

If you hover a mouse over a link you should see the actual link in the bottom left hand of the screen, so not unknown then.

OK, I’ll keep playing.  Not on an iPhone it doesn’t.

KB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
OK, I’ll keep playing.  Not on an iPhone it doesn’t.
For Safari

Tap and hold on any link until an actions screen appears with multiple options

Look at the top of the pop-up box to see the link URL  ;D

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:30 PM »
Cut that out you two.
People will be claiming this is an educational site, if you keep it going.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

KingBilly

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »
For Safari

Tap and hold on any link until an actions screen appears with multiple options

Look at the top of the pop-up box to see the link URL  ;D

Well there you go.  Thanks for the tip.

Now are you going to tell me who makes the motorhome powered by Iveco?

KB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 10:57:58 PM »
Now are you going to tell me who makes the motorhome powered by Iveco?

It's a Sunliner Eurohaus but you can find out so much more from the link, I'll even post it in it's normal form just for you https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/items/details/2005-sunliner-eurohaus-low-kms-large-bathroom/OAG-AD-16548021/?cr=1  ;D

KingBilly

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 04:44:07 AM »
It's a Sunliner Eurohaus but you can find out so much more from the link, I'll even post it in it's normal form just for you https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/items/details/2005-sunliner-eurohaus-low-kms-large-bathroom/OAG-AD-16548021/?cr=1  ;D

Nah, no longer interested in more info, but thanks anyway.

KB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 06:17:56 AM »
Nah, no longer interested in more info, but thanks anyway.

Thanks for your input.

KingBilly

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 07:12:30 PM »
My pleasure.

KB