Author Topic: The CUB CLUB  (Read 260445 times)

Offline hargs

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: The CUB CLUB
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
Hi Hargs, that much rain was a test that showed a few seam leaks but they have since seal up nicely. SWMBO was not impressed with that much rain and wanted to go home but I persisted and we stayed for 4 days if memory serves.
The Brumby doesn't look quite that new anymore, it lives in the back yard uncovered. I am looking forward to getting some time off for a trip North at some stage myself.

Cheers Shane

Uncovered, UNCOVERED, a Cub UNCOVERED.....build a shed over it right now !!! The king must have a palace !!!
Life is to short not to...............

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »
Hi Riguez, yep bought her new in 2010, and the pics are from then, I also have the bush pinstriping now. No mud though, I generally drop the family at home and go to the car wash to get rid of any mud/dust before I put her away.

Hargs, if I built yet another shed in the yard then I wouldnt have any yard left. My theory is it is meant for outdoor use so it lives like that. That and the fact it took me about 3-4 years to convince SWMBO to let me build a permanent observatory for my telescope gear.

Cheers Shane
06 Terracan, 2010 cub kamperoo brumby

Offline Riguez

• Tent User
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
Hi Riguez, yep bought her new in 2010, and the pics are from then, I also have the bush pinstriping now. No mud though, I generally drop the family at home and go to the car wash to get rid of any mud/dust before I put her away.

Hargs, if I built yet another shed in the yard then I wouldnt have any yard left. My theory is it is meant for outdoor use so it lives like that. That and the fact it took me about 3-4 years to convince SWMBO to let me build a permanent observatory for my telescope gear.

Cheers Shane

Mine's uncovered too  :-[ :-[ :-[ - dont have access to my backyard as a previous house owner put a shed too close to house, so there's no room to fit through dammit. What kind of person does that???? Everytime I think of doing something about it I cringe at the amount of doubling handling involved (move the vege patch, move the chook shed, build new shed, move everything from old shed to new, tear down old shed, rebuild old shed etc etc) and shelve the idea.
2010 Mitsubi Triton GLX-R

2009 Cub Brumby

Offline AndrewANDElise

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
Hi,
My wife and I just purchased a second hand Cub Drifter, the rego says 1983.  :D
It has had the old frame cut at the extremes and welded onto a new trailer. Great ground clearance and we are looking forward to starting our adventures.

I have an issue at the moment, in that the canvas has come apart from the fibreglass roof. The previous owner had the canvas repaired and I am don't know whether the wood is the correct securing mechanism for the fibreglass. I have added 2 photos around the door/roof point  ???

Is there anyone who can either confirm or deny that this is the right setup. I want to make sure it is right otherwise it is going to be embarrasing if it falls to bits on the way to Uluru in September.
:cheers:

Offline moseyroc

• Tent User
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
We have a 2002 Drover Supamatic - we've recently lifted it and now we are planning to fit caravan legs in lieu of the slide out legs.  Planning to get new chequerer plating, automotive seals and we also want to get a bigger front storage box - but need ideas.  We want to be able to access it from the top - most of what we've seen holds a fridge on a slide (have one in the car already + a fridge inside camper).  Just need ideas on placement of everything else - spare tyre, jerry cans, gas bottles, stone guard & battery.

Trying to post pics, but they're too big!! 

80 series TD & 2002 Cub Drover

Offline maurerless

• Tent User
  • Don't take life seriously; no one gets out alive
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
Uncovered, UNCOVERED, a Cub UNCOVERED.....build a shed over it right now !!! The king must have a palace !!!

Well Hargs, I took this comment to heart and am half way through building a CUB port.  Some may view it simply as a carport, but it serves a greater purpose...

Concrete slab is in place, now to get the cover.

;D

Tony
2010 Isuzu D-Max; Hard walled mobile swag, but still getting out there. :)

Offline Eski

• Tent User
  • Practising Grey Nomad
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »
Time to upgrade the cub a bit..

Led Tail Lights, piss off the Scotch Locks and fix the curtains..

I used shrink wrap on the curtains...
Kym
2022 Isuzu MU-X & Cheetah X-Country

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
Hi,
My wife and I just purchased a second hand Cub Drifter, the rego says 1983.  :D
It has had the old frame cut at the extremes and welded onto a new trailer. Great ground clearance and we are looking forward to starting our adventures.

I have an issue at the moment, in that the canvas has come apart from the fibreglass roof. The previous owner had the canvas repaired and I am don't know whether the wood is the correct securing mechanism for the fibreglass. I have added 2 photos around the door/roof point  ???

Is there anyone who can either confirm or deny that this is the right setup. I want to make sure it is right otherwise it is going to be embarrasing if it falls to bits on the way to Uluru in September.
:cheers:

Give Cub a call. I am sure they can answer your questions and probably would be chuffed to see an old girl still around.

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
23 Days to go but i am not counting  :cheers:
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
Give Cub a call. I am sure they can answer your questions and probably would be chuffed to see an old girl still around.

Dont count on it. I called Cub in Sydney for parts for our 93 Drifter, the little wheels for the bed slides and parts for the wind up system.
Their responce: " we dont make that model any more so we cant help you. Call a caravan repairer". WHAT????>:(  When I asked why dont they keep parts to help Cub owners, as thats what good manufacturers do, the woman hung up! So much for standing by your product and providing ongoing after sales service. So if I had a current model (which now seems unlikely after that treatment) I would be stocking up on any bits you think might need replacing in the future as you might find yourself having to search the internet and ending up adapting something from Bunnings like we did.

AndrewANDElise, as the wind up mechanism is not working I cant look to see if our canvas is the same as yours. Am looking at some other way of lifting the roof so will be awhile before I can see. Am happy to get back to you when I sort it out if thats any help.  :cheers: avo
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline AndrewANDElise

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
Thanks Avotrol,
We had just as much success, got two numbers of repairers to ring. Tend to agree with you, I would have loved a bit of history on the old girl, maybe a scanned copy of a brochure or something.
Anyhow
When you lift the lid we would appreciate the results from your expedition. Am also curious on how your winder works. Ours is a manual lift each end until the uprights are vertical, then lock them up with pins
Thanks

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »
Hi AndrewAndElise, yes its a pity about Cubs attitude and lack of interest in their older products  >:( :'(- good for caravan repairers though! Our Drifter has a cable wind up system sort of similar to the Jayco type except the hand winch is on the drawbar. I need to replace it with some other way of lifting the roof as I am in the process of putting a new (proper) chassis with independant suspension under the Drifter body and the new chassis clashes with the wind up cables as the cables run under the camper.
Any chance of a photo of your lifting system as it sounds simpler than what we've got.  :cheers: avo
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2012, 10:15:43 PM »
nothing like a cub
playing with my to fav toys ,
 gettin ready for a drive up into Qld to enjoy some warm weather
thought id like to share a pic
 :cheers: sheeds

Offline Eski

• Tent User
  • Practising Grey Nomad
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »
I emailed Cub asking if they had their Alloy Chequer plate battery box as a spare part for sale.

They never replied....

Oh well a plastic one will do....

Kym
2022 Isuzu MU-X & Cheetah X-Country

Offline Estelle

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • New members of the leisure club
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »

Hi Eski,

We had a second battery box fitted when we ordered the Cub and they had no issue at all. They did wonder why we thought we needed a second box, but fitted it anyway.

They obviously have them.

We use it for ropes and pegs etc.

Give them a call. We found Email is not all that successful as they can be rather busy and miss things.

Chris & John

05 DiD Platinum Pajero, Cub Spacevan Drover Off Road

Offline hargs

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »
Well Hargs, I took this comment to heart and am half way through building a CUB port.  Some may view it simply as a carport, but it serves a greater purpose...

Concrete slab is in place, now to get the cover.

;D

Tony
[/quot

WELL DONE...
Life is to short not to...............

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
It is official we are finally members took delivery of our Cub yesterday.
Will post some pics shortly.
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Offline hutchie62

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • I'll drink to that.
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »
Hi Cubbers, Better late than never. My Cub is a 2008 supermatic drover. Have done a few mods over the years. Will start a thread soon.
 :cheers: Hutchie
2013 Cab Chassis Landcruiser with goodies, 2008 Cub Supamatic Drover.

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2012, 05:40:45 AM »
Been meaning to get an answer for a while...no point rushing these things   :laugh:

What are the different poles for please?

click for larger pic --->

#1 got me beat what the black adjustment bits for
I know #2 are the awning (horizontal) poles.
#3 has a threaded tip - I have a vague recollection of seeing mentioned they're for strong wind condition?
#4 has me completely baffled...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:43:13 AM by bobnrob »
Bob and Robyn

Offline tasibrett

• Learning the Ropes
  • Cub Spacematic 007 Drover
The CUB CLUB
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »
Can't see all the picture only 2 & 3 and I only have three types of poles so very interested.Can you try doing pic a different way.
Brett

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Thanks Brett  :)

Click on the picture to get a bigger view.
Bob and Robyn

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »
# 2 as you say are for the awning with the velcro attaching to the side wall

# 3 are the poles the other end of #2 attach to, the up rights, the wing nuts hold the canvas down when screwed down over the canvas

# 4 attach to #2 and help keep them spread to keep the canvas taught

# 1 can be used for any other sections you wish to hold up ie over the windows either end etc
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »
# 2 as you say are for the awning with the velcro attaching to the side wall

# 3 are the poles the other end of #2 attach to, the up rights, the wing nuts hold the canvas down when screwed down over the canvas

# 4 attach to #2 and help keep them spread to keep the canvas taught

# 1 can be used for any other sections you wish to hold up ie over the windows either end etc

Excellent, #'s 2 & 3 sorted  :)

#1 of course   ::)  Holding up windows/door. I'm always the 1st to admit I'm a bit slow lol. But what would/could the black adjustable/slide bits be used for?

I understand what you say about #4...however (& this is my fault, should've mentioned it in the original post), the other end of these poles (the bottom) have the flat plug, like all poles used for uprights
Bob and Robyn

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
That's odd.  #4 should have the clip on both ends and goes between # 2 with a slide lock and are spreader poles to keep the canvas taught. 

With #1 the  black adjustable/slide allows for the poles to be as long or as as short as needed.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline tasibrett

• Learning the Ropes
  • Cub Spacematic 007 Drover
The CUB CLUB
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Thanks Brett  :)

Click on the picture to get a bigger view.

Still can't get to see picture. It must be as I use tapatalk.

Did figure out I have four types, the ones with the flat end  and " C "on the other are used inside to support the rear of the tent. I want a extra set to cut down and put at the front.
Brett