Author Topic: CT Kitchen Light - Show me yours.  (Read 21558 times)

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: CT Kitchen Light - Show me yours.
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »
This one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »
Quote from: shakey55
This one
I believe that's similar to the one everyones been beating off about that's at certain aldi stores for around 120
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
I bought a KORR LIGHTING kit.  Cost a few bucks, but I can tell you it is the best thing I have added to my CT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the same, with the smaller of the two lights! Having a drift kitchen, I used some poly pipe for mine and zip tied the light to that, SWMBO loves it! Don't have any pics yet.
Cheers

Strvy

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
12v LED perfect for cooking and reading

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
Here's my effort.

I've been meaning to fab up a light for the kitchen that we can use with or without the awning up for a while now and finally got a chance to do something about it this weekend.

Main components are led strip lights, square section aluminium from Bunnings with a range of joiners (T's , right angles etc) and a water proof switch.

I wanted it to be easy to setup and free standing. First step was to bolt a T joiner to the back edge of the kitchen. These T joiners are made for permanent connection, which I didn't want at this particular join so I filed down the ridges so I could connect and un-connect the pieces easily when setting up the light.

The holes in the top were just so I could get the screw driver through to the bolt head inside the T piece.

Next was to make up the upright with a short return piece at the top to get the light out over the centre of the stove and bench. The upright slides over the T piece I bolted to the back of the kitchen.

It's just 2 pieces of the aluminium square section joined with a right angle joiner. This bit I wanted to be a permanent join so didn't file the ridges off.

Next was to make up the light bar to attach to the upright. I made this from 2 piece of aluminium square section joined by a T joiner. This means it just slots straight into the upright (again, I filed the ridges down on this connection).

The led strip is stuck to the bottom and wiring runs through a grommet in the end, joins onto a 5m cable, comes out through another grommet in the centre of the bar, through a water proof switch and to a 12v cig plug.

So, the whole thing is just two parts. The light bar, and the upright. The upright slots into the T on the back of the kitchen and the light bar slots into the upright. 15 seconds max to set it up. We'll keep the 2 pieces next to the mattress on the bed base ready to plug in when we setup.

Provides heaps of light right where we need it and doesn't rely on the awning or any poles! Very happy with the end result.

Cheers, Sam.
Great job mate!,

This something like what I want on my kitchen as we have done a lot of quick overnight stops without an awning so the poles or awning ideas were out for me.

Thanks for sharing, I have a feeling that I'll now have a kitchen light pretty soon.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk