Author Topic: prado v6 opinions  (Read 6708 times)

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: prado v6 opinions
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:12 PM »
I’ve got a mate with the shape prado you’re looking at in an auto V6. Heaps of power & comfortable but horrendous on fuel when loaded up. He pulls a 4.6 Kakadu Karrier with gear in it as well as the car & 22l/100k is good going for him at 100 & no overtaking. The worst he’s had was 40l/100k doing 110 & overtaking when he could. He likes the car but what you want to do with it vs fuel consumption might be good for thought.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »
Quote from: listo
I’ve got a mate with the shape prado you’re looking at in an auto V6. Heaps of power & comfortable but horrendous on fuel when loaded up. He pulls a 4.6 Kakadu Karrier with gear in it as well as the car & 22l/100k is good going for him at 100 & no overtaking. The worst he’s had was 40l/100k doing 110 & overtaking when he could. He likes the car but what you want to do with it vs fuel consumption might be good for thought.

I think fuel economy is almost impossible to consider other peoples figures.. too many variables to be accurate...
Like people who have fully loaded Y62 Patrols 3ton or more + towing big trailers/vans getting 15/100..

I don't think i could ever get these figures with no trailer and no accessories in a Y62- it maybe just the way I drive..
YMMV
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
I think fuel economy is almost impossible to consider other peoples figures.. too many variables to be accurate...

Exactly.   Other than a factory alloy bullbar, dual batteries and stock size BFG AT's, mine is bone stock.  It had factory roof rails, but no racks fitted.

Now add roof racks ( plus an awning & the other crap people put up there), lift kit, bigger wheels, steel bar, winch, rear drawers, snorkel and the rest of the ARB catalogue. 

Everything that adds weight and affects aerodynamics will add to the fuel bill.  Plus one persons version of "economical driving" is different to the next persons.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:09:38 PM by kylarama »

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
Like people who have fully loaded Y62 Patrols 3ton or more + towing big trailers/vans getting 15/100..

I'm pretty sure anyone 'getting' those sorts of figures under those conditions is mathematically illiterate.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:48 PM »
Quote from: Merts
I'm pretty sure anyone 'getting' those sorts of figures under those conditions is mathematically illiterate

:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
that actually makes me feel better about my driving style  ;D ;D ;D ;D

... but they are out there!
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-y62-patrol-armada-infiniti-qx80-47/y62-fuel-economy-test-96070/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:37:01 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 10:43:27 PM »
Another very happy 120 series V6 owner here. Easy car to drive.
As other mentioned avoid anything with a vague service history. These motors will go 500,000km with regular servicing.
Ours has BFG A/T’s, ARB winch bar, aux battery, snorkel, OME 2” lift and a few other bits and around town average 17-18L/100km. Towing a 2T van 23L/100 but doing the speed limit. On the highway not towing around 14L/100. Same as nab I can’t comprehend either some of these fuel figures. Mine are measured with a scan gauge and on the computer with fuelly. Disregard the figures in my signature.

Ditto too all of  that. Those fuel figures are pretty much spot on with what I'm getting with very similar mods.
They may be a bit thirsty but I'd have too say hands down it's the best vehicle I've ever owned

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy

Offline nickandbron

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
that actually makes me feel better about my driving style  ;D ;D ;D ;D

... but they are out there!
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-y62-patrol-armada-infiniti-qx80-47/y62-fuel-economy-test-96070/

My Y62 is more economical (& far more comfortable/capable) than the R51 Diesel Pathfinder it replaced.