Author Topic: Login Issue  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Login Issue
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any login issues at all?
Every time I go to login it comes up with an error message, says something about my session timed out whilst posting. I log on and log off each visit, my saved user name and password would automatically come up in the top right corner when I hit the button and log me on, now it comes up with the error message instead when I try to log on. I go to the other login icon next to the search icon and have to login in through that now, hit the remember me tick but it hasn't changed the error message from happening next time I try to log on via the main top right section next visit. It's only done this since the forum had issues the other day, so wondering if anyone else has same issue, or is there a setting I need to change on something? I realise Firefox is overseas if this is a forum issue, just nobody else has mentioned having issues, so wondering if it's something I need to change somewhere?
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline firefox

• Administrator
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Young Nomad, Travelling
    • Tripigy
Re: Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Hey rumpig,
Logon seems ok, but yes it will have killed previous cookies.
You'll need to go to the full login page not the top bar and the. Login using the save/remember me options on that page.

There's still stuff to do with the server still, but it should save your credentials.

On a side note we're going to be suggesting people update their passwords for the site as some of the new changes recommend it. So maybe a good time to update.
2015 LC200 - Snowy - Sahara with all the mods.
Custom built Off-road Caravan.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:00:59 PM »
 By full login page, do you mean between search and register icons?...if so that's what I have been using to access here since the forum went down. Tick the stay logged on box or leaving it at 60 minutes makes no difference to my next visit, if I try and enter via the top boxes next visit, it allows me to auto fill my user name and password, but comes up with the error message as soon as I submit those to enter the forum.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline stephenh1235

• Tent User
  • Have gun will travel
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
By full login page, do you mean between search and register icons?...if so that's what I have been using to access here since the forum went down. Tick the stay logged on box or leaving it at 60 minutes makes no difference to my next visit, if I try and enter via the top boxes next visit, it allows me to auto fill my user name and password, but comes up with the error message as soon as I submit those to enter the forum.

I have exactly the same for last 3 days & also very slow loading to the point of worrying about being timed out.
Steve
2004 Mitsubishi 4WD Canter
2003 HZJ105
2014 Palamino 1251ss slide on