Author Topic: Mariage law survey forms  (Read 10738 times)

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Mariage law survey forms
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Got to admit that we wondered exactly the same thing ???

No! >:D

FTFY!  :D

Secret ballot? whoever said it was that? It's an opinion poll.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »
Quote from: PWE
If you do not trust the Government

I do not know one single person who does... or anyone who trusts a single politician.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 10:31:04 AM »
...............and you can see the boxes through the return envelope using a torch  :D
I do not mind if people see what I vote and what I stand for.
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »
^^ I'm guessing as a tax payer, He figures he has paid for it in a roundabout way,  so he owns it and its his choice to do what ever he wants with it . 
Could have wiped his bum with it  and then sent it back I suppose if he wanted   ;D ;D
I believe it is a cultural thing for me, coming from the 3rd world were voting is a privilege and not a burden.
I have always voted since I arrive in Australia and cannot complain whom ever is in charge (money is not wasted like in the 3rd world). Also I am use to at least a couple thousand deaths during any political campaign.
Anyway great to be an Australia!
Landcruiser 76 tourer
The following users thanked this post: Tim - Stratford, edz, paceman

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »
Why?
Because I work my arse off, pay taxes & resent the govt spending $120m on something I don't give a rats arse about, but the lousy bastards only offer $29m in cyclone damage funding. Seems to me something wrong with their priorities. The other thing is that if the "no" team get up, you know the "yes" team will be carrying on like pretentious spoilt brats until they get their way, it's always the same Shit just different topics

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »
I do not know one single person who does... or anyone who trusts a single politician.
I don't want to discuss politics on this forum because there are forums for it, but it always interest me how many 1st world citizens do not trust their Government or Political leaders.
Anyway, as I said before it is a cultural thing for me to understand the 1st world.

What type of person do a politic need to be to be trustworthy?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:48:32 AM by PWE »
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 11:32:52 AM »
Quote from: Moggy
The other thing is that if the "no" team get up, you know the "yes" team will be carrying on like pretentious spoilt brats until they get their way, it's always the same Shit just different topics
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
I don't want to discuss politics on this forum because there are forums for it, but it always interest me how many 1st world citizens do not trust their Government or Political leaders.
Anyway, as I said before it is a cultural thing for me to understand the 1st world.

I lived in a 3rd world country for a bit over a year that had an unelected leader, Since I have returned I haven't really complained about our politicians or our hospitals, Not saying they are perfect, because they certainly aren't, but I think a lot who complain don't have any real comparison to know how good we actually have it here.
The following users thanked this post: PWE, paceman

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »

What type of a person does a politician need to be to be considered trustworthy?  Exactly the same qualifications as any human bean!  Honesty, loyalty and humility are what I would expect from a politician. 99% are career politicians now. Ruled by their bank accounts and how much dough they can get out of the trough. 1st world or 3rd world...politician are generally greedy scum that look after their own interests first. Vast majority of the worlds country leaders are millionaires in their own right.  All pandering to multi-national corporations and banks. It starts at the local council, rises to state politics, moves onto federal politics and then the greedy buggers try and get onto the international scene complete with all the perks.  Yep,these same bastards cant organise our power, health, education, superannuation, transport, security or homelessness...yet get paid handsomely for being 3rd rate employees of the Australian public. Scum the lot of em....rant over    >:( >:( >:(
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Tim - Stratford

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Sarah's Canvas Products
    • Canvas Jaffle Iron Covers
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Anyway great to be an Australia!

Sums it up well!  :cup:    :cheers:

Tim

Sarah's Canvas Products...
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=30053.0

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
Hahaha, they don't even trust themselves.... ;D

His comments have drawn criticism from Liberal senator Eric Abetz , who believed the Treasurer was asking Australians to have blind faith in Parliament.
"Well the Treasurer has basically said 'if you vote yes, you can trust us to protect religious freedoms'," he said.
"I'm not as trusting of politicians as the Treasurer is ... "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Pete79

:cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »
Make sure you lick the envelope so they can get a sample of your DNA as well when you send it back.

Not as silly as it sounds by all accounts as it definitely doesn't pay to advertise-
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ssm-canberra-kids-party-organiser-ditches-entertainer-who-said-its-ok-to-vote-no/ar-AAs9HGP
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline jw2170

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »
My 'theory' is that, even if there is a resounding "No" response, this is not a vote.

The Pollies will still pass the amendments to appease a belligerent minority....  >:( >:( >:(
Jim & Maree
Sydney NSW

Hilux and soft floor camper.

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »

remember Abbott used the same "you can't trust politicians" line to  beat the republic referendum. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
Quote from: jw2170
My 'theory' is that, even if there is a resounding "No" response, this is not a vote.

The Pollies will still pass the amendments to appease a belligerent minority....  >:( >:( >:(
Sad but true.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »

Whats the argument if its a resounding "yes"?
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »

if the "no" team get up, you know the "yes" team will be carrying on like pretentious spoilt brats until they get their way, it's always the same Shit just different topics

And if the yes team get up, I can't imagine the religious loons rolling over.  The rednecks have short attention spans and will move on, but the churchies have financial and political clout.

If only the Libs had some gonads to make a call either way we'd all be 129mil better off. Instead they want to find out what will win them the next election.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2017, 01:38:24 PM »
Quote from: kylarama
If only the Libs had some gonads to make a call either way we'd all be 129mil better off. Instead they want to find out what will win them the next election.
we have a winner
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »

And if the yes team get up, I can't imagine the religious loons rolling over.  The rednecks have short attention spans and will move on, but the churchies have financial and political clout.

I think if the 'yes' vote gets up most churches will accept it as long as they aren't forced to participate, I cant in any way see the yes campaign accepting an (unlikely) 'no' vote win and leaving the issue alone for more than about a week.

The Liberal party as a whole just want this off the table one way or another before the next election. If 'yes' gets up, they will put it to a conscience vote and it will go through if 'no' wins they can say they took it to the Australian population and they rejected it (not the Liberal Party).

Whereas Labor would love it the issue to still be unresolved for the next election and the could label them self as the party of 'equality'.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
Problem for a lot of people both Yes and No camps is just what 'equality' are they voting for.  In reading a lot of stuff on line most people are not aware of what 'rights' they already have. 

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/families-and-children/programs-services/recognition-of-same-sex-relationships

Just a case of know what you already have and preparing accordingly. 

The whole issue should be reduced to changing the definition of marriage to not just be a man and woman. 

As we don't trust politicians, what concerns me more is just what else may be changed along the way with the definition of marriage.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if politicians and Aussies gave this much Shit about something that actually matters... possibly education... health... unemployment... homelessness... etc etc
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 02:35:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if politicians and Aussies gave this much Shit about something that actually matters... possibly education... health... unemployment... homelessness... etc etc

This Aussie  cares about all those things. The ME opinion poll is a useful diversion for politicians who are either incapable or unwilling of doing anything about the real problems.   

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »
Quote from: rossm
The ME opinion poll is a useful diversion for politicians who are either incapable or unwilling of doing anything about the real problems.
agree... I just wonder what things they will slide through while the masses are engaged in stupidity
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
There's a black van across the road with a dude looking at me through binoculars pointing an umbrella looking thing. And I haven't even posted my vote yet.