Author Topic: Tassie for 3 months  (Read 3005 times)

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
Tassie for 3 months
« on: July 23, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »
G`day All.
I`m in Tass for a bit over 3 months just cruise`n, free camping as much as poss and waiting for the trout season to open.
So if there are any My Swagers willing for a meet up just PM me a phone no and we may be able to meet at some stage.
Heading to Cockle Creek on the 24th for a few day then could be any where.

Offline topcat

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Tassie for 3 months
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:33 PM »
G'day DCP - reason that you haven't had a response yet is sheer jealousy. You will have an absolute ball. Enjoy and post some pics so that we can live our life through you  ;D (at least in the short winter term).
Regards
Tony
Prado 150 GXL 6M + 2016 TVAN Murranji

2008 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer - Sold (first love xox)

"If all ya got's a hammer, every problem is a nail"
The following users thanked this post: DCP

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:01:58 AM »
Hope you've done your Winter Alpine Survival Course DCP.
Enjoy yourself anyway.
Remember Lotsa pics and posts to get us all jealous.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
The following users thanked this post: DCP

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »
Have been back and forward to this wonderland now for 45 years and never get tired of the place,
Missus was born in a beautifull valley just out side Hobart Town called Collinsvale, again a piece of heaven.
Will see how much data things use and see if we can post a bit of a report.
If interested I`ve got a report happening on another forum called Travellers chat. The title is T T W P ( Touring Tassie with Pearcey) Breeze on over and join up, great LITTLE forum.
Just as an interest I was in Hobart Town when it snowed on the beach a few years back, and also Hobart's average rain fall is less that Adelaide's so its not so wet LOL.
Thanks for your intrest.

Offline cowwee

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
We are in Perth....just outside Launceston. We only moved here's couple of months ago....loving it so far. Going up to the snow this weekend for a look around

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
We are in Perth....just outside Launceston. We only moved here's couple of months ago....loving it so far. Going up to the snow this weekend for a look around

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
G`day Mate  I`ll be up that way before I jump on the boat to head home.
Actually I`ll be having lunch at Richardsons Harley Davidsons some time, and no I don1`t own one but lunch there is great. Also will be dropping in to the 50`s cafe in Deloraine for a snack some time. These are just two places you have to go to.
I`ll try and keep in touch and we may be able to have a meet.

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »
Let me know towards September and Ill be keen for a fish just has to warm up a little before I take my son up the lakes again we went a month ago and there was soils ice on the camper, or if you want any information on the south side of Tassie just sing out happy to give advice

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »
Let me know towards September and Ill be keen for a fish just has to warm up a little before I take my son up the lakes again we went a month ago and there was soils ice on the camper, or if you want any information on the south side of Tassie just sing out happy to give advice
G`Day Brodie , I`m camped up at Gordon.  for a couple of nights then moving on to Cockle Creek. Will be hitting the lakes and midlands when the trout season opens.Will try and stay in touch as it would be good to meet all or any Swagers in Tas
Any advice on convict history ( not info centre stuff) would be gratefully accepted. 

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »
Nice spot down that way, I know a little bit about convict history on the Tasman peninsula, as you enter eaglehawk neck to the left there is the dog line worth a quick look its the only way the escaped convicts from port author could get of the peninsula or they had to swim across the water where they had set up dogs on Pontoon's, and told the convicts the water was shark infested, there's a story not sure if it true or not, but they reckon the solders use to dump blood and guts in the water to attract the sharks, then there's port author worth spending a day there, also take the next left after the historic site there and follow the road into Carnarvon bay follow the road and you will see a sign saying golf course follow that gravel road straight to the end and the will take you to  point puer that's the old boys prison and free to walk in not much left there just ruins but a nice spot for a walk around and a nice look out, then if you head down to lime bay there are the old coal mines also free a few ruins to walk threw and can see some of the pits they dug and boilers,

Good camp spots down that way is fortescue bay, lime bay, caravan park just before port author and a caravan park at nubeena, but would suggest the first two

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »
Also at cockle creek camp sites before the bridge are free and after the bridge is national parks, need a parks pass beyond there and pay for camp sites

Offline Brodie Tas

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »
And at cockle creek my wife just said somewhere in the Bush before the bridge are a couple of old grave years my  guise would be from the old whale station

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
Thanks Brodie, Have just spent 7 nights camped up at the RSL in Primrose Sands,$7,50 including power, a truly great stop. from there I did all the Tasman peninsular, full day at the coal mines and Lime Bay and also Sloping Bay. As my sir name is Pearce I made the effort to run out to Pearce hill through some nice country. For me it was well worth the run. At the moment I`m camped up at Gordon and there's a little bit of hidden history here as well.If you`ve got time jump over to travellers chat forum as I`ve got my trip posted there with a few paintings, sorry photos.
Thank you for your interest and info it`s much appreciated.