Author Topic: Bunnings  (Read 38138 times)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Bunnings
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
Its a hardware store no matter what you say, it has to be good.........

Welllllllllll...................it's LIKE a hardware store.....................................................but for women

after all, it's got 3 isles of mops and brooms, and somewhere for the kiddies to play, and you can have a cup of coffee while you potter about looking at the flowers and garden ornaments ?

Oh, you want M6 stainless hex heads with nyloc nuts.................sorry, but your sh!t outa luck
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: Hairs

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2017, 07:20:06 PM »
Welllllllllll...................it's LIKE a hardware store.....................................................but for women

after all, it's got 3 isles of mops and brooms, and somewhere for the kiddies to play, and you can have a cup of coffee while you potter about looking at the flowers and garden ornaments ?

:cup: :cup: :cup:
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 11:17:14 PM »

Oh, you want M6 stainless hex heads with nyloc nuts.................sorry, but your sh!t outa luck
Hahahahaha. Made my night.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »
Now I have to admit, I love Bunnings. Its a hardware store no matter what you say, it has to be good.........
Yes there are better or were better, but its still a hardware store, it has boy stuff and that sausage sizzle......
Yes I still love the country hardwares and the skilled staffers and the better products, but that big green shed......it has most things you need and plenty parking. Oh and did I mention the snags??? Add a steak house and I reckon I could move in...

Our VMR unit does regular barbies at the BGS, which is always good for a few $ :cup:

Was in there shopping, a few days before we did one last year, & when we finished, turned out the bloke on the check-out was the barbie coordinator. Introduced myself as we'd been exchanging e-mails & chatted for a few minutes (mid-week so not crowded ;D).

He mentioned that the parent company had recently run a survey asking people comments, what they thought & so on ???

The overwhelming response to "What does Bunnings mean to you" ??? - Sausage sizzles! :D

(& if pressed, I would have to admit that I have, in the past, gone in there just to get brekkie / smoko / lunch... :-[ :D)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2017, 05:44:01 PM »

Arlec, every electricians nightmare! Would hate when customers supplied there own gear and it would be this rubbish!

Plenty of electricians out there refuse to install it.  Those that do usually put a disclaimer on the CES saying they won't warrant the customer supplied components from failure.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
Our VMR unit does regular barbies at the BGS, which is always good for a few $ :cup:

Was in there shopping, a few days before we did one last year, & when we finished, turned out the bloke on the check-out was the barbie coordinator. Introduced myself as we'd been exchanging e-mails & chatted for a few minutes (mid-week so not crowded ;D).

He mentioned that the parent company had recently run a survey asking people comments, what they thought & so on ???

The overwhelming response to "What does Bunnings mean to you" ??? - Sausage sizzles! :D

(& if pressed, I would have to admit that I have, in the past, gone in there just to get brekkie / smoko / lunch... :-[ :D)

If I'm driving past I will sometimes do the same. But I hate it when the tight @rse brigade get the crap supermarket snags. They are usually pretty good though, and have decent ones.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.
The following users thanked this post: Vitara_JaycoSwift_Outback

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2017, 09:51:59 PM »
If I'm driving past I will sometimes do the same. But I hate it when the tight @rse brigade get the crap supermarket snags. They are usually pretty good though, and have decent ones.
Bunnings actually have strict rules as to what sausages you can buy and where to buy them from and how they need to be stored  if you are doing one of their sausage sizzles. My old 4wd club did a sausage sizzle at a store once, the rules were pretty stringent.
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2017, 07:54:05 AM »
My old 4wd club did a sausage sizzle at a store once, the rules were pretty stringent.

They are indeed, but that's not altogether a bad thing.

Local store told us last time that the Council Health Inspectors have taken to dropping in at random to check hot & cold temps, food & cash handling procedures, rubbish disposal & so on.
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday
The following users thanked this post: GregP

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
They are indeed, but that's not altogether a bad thing.

Local store told us last time that the Council Health Inspectors have taken to dropping in at random to check hot & cold temps, food & cash handling procedures, rubbish disposal & so on.
yes definately a good thing....only posted it up as I was surprised to read Troopy_03 say that about the snags, considering they dictate what you have to buy and all. I have no idea how they check if you have done the right thing or not, as I wasn't involved in the event, I guess they have someone to check the receipt of purchase maybe.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »
yes definately a good thing....only posted it up as I was surprised to read Troopy_03 say that about the snags, considering they dictate what you have to buy and all. I have no idea how they check if you have done the right thing or not, as I wasn't involved in the event, I guess they have someone to check the receipt of purchase maybe.

Yeah, may not have been the "infamous" supermarket snags, but a couple of times (not often) they definitely have been a bit sus. Good to see that Bunnings try to keep the standard up though.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2017, 01:25:22 PM »
Bunnings actually have strict rules as to what sausages you can buy and where to buy them from and how they need to be stored  if you are doing one of their sausage sizzles. My old 4wd club did a sausage sizzle at a store once, the rules were pretty stringent

Westfarmers may have shares in the in the Meat trade. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
wouldn't surprise me the way they operate...lol... but I think it is more about people not making their own or buying the cheapest they can find to flog off to people.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
The bastards got me again today  >:(

I'm in the process of replacing the rotten retaining walls around my shed at the moment, and needed an elbow for the 1" poly feed to the garden taps. Having a yarn with the neighbour over the fence and he mentions he's about to duck into bunnings cause he needed a new handle for his garden fork. Great, I'll tag along I thought.

Go to the plumbing isle and start searching the shelves.....................................want to guess what they were out of stock of  >:( >:( >:( there was an empty spot on the shelf with a price ticket, but none of what I needed. The one thing I went there to get. Along comes a red shirt,  who looks and says "nah mate we got none, you could try a hardware" ??? 

They also had no shovel handles that my mate was after.

Stop at the hole in the wall hardware on the way home, and bugger me.............both items in stock, and the poly elbow was $1 cheaper than the women's hardware (after all, they do wear aprons).

Bastards.....I hate them with a passion.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »

Yep, they do - ABC Landline had a good piece on their marketing of the "offcuts" to China where they have created a premium Australian brand product line and retail environment in conjunction with a couple of Chinese guys.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:39:23 AM by Paddler Ed »

Offline Annieandandy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2017, 11:17:20 PM »
Bunnings actually have strict rules as to what sausages you can buy and where to buy them from and how they need to be stored  if you are doing one of their sausage sizzles. My old 4wd club did a sausage sizzle at a store once, the rules were pretty stringent.

Unfortunately they don't teach them how to cook snags. Old mate burnt Shit out of the snags and as a gesture of good will he gave me two burnt snags on my bread. Thanks mate straight in the bin keep the donation lol.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
Regarding the quality of the snag meat -- I think bunnings would want to QC that - because of that expectation of consistency thing across the chain that the big boys go for....   

(ie:  all McDonald's Restaurants will face out all their products/packages on the tray with the goldern arches facing the customer. ....)

But as for the quality of the cooking process for bunnings snags --I have found that results vary.....

BaseCamp

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

3rd time lucky

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »
Lol what cracks me up is when the people manning the stall ask you what do you want - um gee i was kinda hoping for a meat pie and a latte....no?  Considering its snags or....snags, the only question should be "onion or no onion?"

Offline Chappie

• Tent User
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
That will be me Saturday, colouring sausages out the front of a Bunnings for the kids swim club. 
We get our sausages from Coles, just the boring old bulk packs. 
Bunnings have a comprehensive set of rules on how it is run but then if something goes astray it is Bunnings that get the sharp end of the stick. We try and book a spot fairly regularly so we have to toe the line if we want to go back.
As far as the colour of the sausages i like to offer the full range of colours from tan to brown to black striped, try to exclude the pink ended ones though.

Offline MadMarv

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »
Bunnings are great ...... we use them all the time ..... but if i need power tools i go to a power tool shop or timber i go to a lumber yard .... the thing bunnings have over everyone else is there opening hours ..... yes many items can be found cheaper elsewhere but many off those places are only open 9 to 5
Regards

Marv

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2017, 07:40:39 PM »
Bunnings are great ...... we use them all the time ..... but if i need power tools i go to a power tool shop or timber i go to a lumber yard .... the thing bunnings have over everyone else is there opening hours ..... yes many items can be found cheaper elsewhere but many off those places are only open 9 to 5

Yep, it's like IGA, you know they are dearer but being local, you just duck in for a couple of things.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
Their sausage QA guy slipped up again today at the local Bunnings.... Bl@@dy supermarket snags again... Oh well I was hungry, and with onions and mustard and sauce, they stopped me stomach growling for a while.... Now it's making funny gurgling noises  ???

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Their sausage QA guy slipped up again today at the local Bunnings.... Bl@@dy supermarket snags again... Oh well I was hungry, and with onions and mustard and sauce, they stopped me stomach growling for a while.... Now it's making funny gurgling noises  ???
regardless of their quality control there, anyone buying sausages from a hardware store carpark can't really complain about the taste I reckon. Got a friend that was inducted into the Sausage Kings Hall of Fame recently, get a bad snag from him and you can complain, but not from a hardware store.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
. Got a friend that was inducted into the Sausage Kings Hall of Fame recently,

Fair dinkum ??  Is that for cooking them or making them ?? I suppose for both !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
Hahah, I like em, get one every time I go there 😀.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »
Fair dinkum ??  Is that for cooking them or making them ?? I suppose for both !
making them mainly I think, but I have no idea how the competition is run as to whether they need to cook them also. It's a big thing with butchers these competitions, they compete at RNA shows then go on to compete against each states winner I think, before being crowned the best in the country....win best in the country often enough and they then get inducted in the hall of fame I believe. I've never had anything to do with it to know how it works exactly, so don't take my word as gospel on the subject.