Author Topic: Bunnings  (Read 38162 times)

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
Re: Bunnings
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Gandalph, I think you hit the nail on the head with that call.
The should leave their address and Bunnings can get the Fire Brigade to call by later.
At least it'll create sales for Bunnings when the house or deck or both, have to be rebuilt.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
The following users thanked this post: Gandalf the White

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Look what the wife bought

Vegan sausages
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »
Will I ever learn  :'(

Went there today cause they open an hour earlier than the local and I was keen to get started on a job. I'm doing some plumbing and drainage for the shed, and need an assortment of bits and a length of 50mm drain pipe. Thought I'd leave the pipe till last and get all the little bits into my basket first............great, I'm on a roll, they've got everything I need.................

all I need now is the 50mm pipe.............................want to guess what was out of stock.  >:( >:( >:(

no point giving them any money for all the little bits if I cant get the main item. called into the local guy on the way back and got everything I needed.

I recon chopper has got their number  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZb73h5evc
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:44:05 PM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »
Just a publicity stunt for Weekend Warrior World by the looks of it.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Weekend Warrior
That's what they are  ;D

:cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »
Did you see the first reply?

Priceless

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
What a joke, so the charity cooking up for the day would need to buy some vegan sausages on the off chance one vegan would buy one, then there's the fact they would need a separate hotplate so its not tainted with the juice of a dead animal.
Then the price , they would have to charge more than $2.50  as they're dearer than a real snag.
2010 DDIS Grand vitara
Lumberjack  Buckley  Campertrailer

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2017, 12:58:20 AM »
What's with the "We want vegan snags" sign? Does he really think he'd taste any good sausaged?
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2017, 07:17:03 AM »

Are they serious  ???
https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaAHuggett/photos/a.1129015913857238.1073741828.1128118347280328/1409858985772928/?type=3&theater

It's a clear pi$$ take.  Reading the comments, it's amazing how many suckers there are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »
Love the way that he's there apparently in the middle of the night "protesting" - because if he was there during the day, B would get the cops in & have him thrown off their property >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »
Spose we could him a go. Throw his old feller on the barbie and try it out on the dog first  ???

https://meanwhileinoz.com.au/2017/05/man-south-australia-demans-bunnings-sell-vegan-snags/
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
Love the way that he's there apparently in the middle of the night "protesting" - because if he was there during the day, B would get the cops in & have him thrown off their property >:D

And worried about the sh*t he'd cop from the people thinking it's a serious protest...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline 03GV

• Tent User
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2017, 01:13:40 PM »

It's a clear pi$$ take.  Reading the comments, it's amazing how many suckers there are.

It might be a piss take but the idiot vegan that my partner works with has been banging on about this article to everyone at her work place!
2010 DDIS Grand vitara
Lumberjack  Buckley  Campertrailer

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »
It might be a piss take but the idiot vegan that my partner works with has been banging on about this article to everyone at her work place!
As I said. Suckers everywhere. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on.

I'm struggling with the big deal about it.
If your day is ruined by Bunnings not selling a sausage full of mystery meat (or not offering a 'green' alternative). You probably need to reevaluate your position in life.

Still no where near as funny as the largeish women who lost it completely in Benella KFC last year. When they ran out of potato and gravy. Napkins everywhere and the exit door almost off its hinges!

I mean, I love a 3 piece box, but I managed to hold myself together throughout the whole ordeal...

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
As I said. Suckers everywhere. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on.

I'm struggling with the big deal about it.
If your day is ruined by Bunnings not selling a sausage full of mystery meat (or not offering a 'green' alternative). You probably need to reevaluate your position in life.

Still no where near as funny as the largeish women who lost it completely in Benella KFC last year. When they ran out of potato and gravy. Napkins everywhere and the exit door almost off its hinges!

I mean, I love a 3 piece box, but I managed to hold myself together throughout the whole ordeal...

Lol reminds me of falling down.

https://youtu.be/zJs9p-VNORw
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2017, 04:05:19 PM »
What about the new KFC Cleaneating burger? They should sell like .... ummmm.... nah, who's kidding, no-one would buy them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxkSU-N-igE

4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
Maybe if you deep fry it

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »
Maybe if you deep fry it

And wrap it between two pieces of original fillet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »
Hahah, now you're talking

Cheers

Justin

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »
Here you go... or if a burger doesn't take your fancy how about a pizza?

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:27 AM »
Nothing the old man liked better than the jelly and dripping mum drained off the Sunday roast as he'd smear it on his white bread or toast with lashings of salt and pepper. When youngest sis was nursing and full of the latest she began to lecture him about cholesterol and then salt, etc to which he'd reply, it's not my dripping that'll kill you girl but the worry, as he lived quite healthily to 92  ;D

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Just had the ahh...cough...cough..."pleasure"....of visiting our local Weekend Warrior World earlier to try and get a new floor grate for our shower, due to the old one being broken. Search the aisles and can't find what I want, eventually find a male staff member who tries to walk straight past me as I ask for some help. Begrudgingly he stops after going by me and in a grumpyish tone points off to the where what I seek is to be, telling me which aisle to look in. I find where said items are but no surprise they have every size but the one I seek...I need 90mm diameter and they have either 100mm or 80mm only. I start to walk out of the store not getting what I want, only to see why I couldn't find a staff member earlier...there's a couple of female staff members standing in an aisle cuddling some ladies puppy dog instead of helping the customers  ::) ::) Tomorrow I'll try and find the time to drop into a plumbing supply store instead to get what I want  8)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »
I was unfortunate enough to be in Bunnings Indooroopilly  (BNE)  Friday 26th May approx 4pm

What a disgrace of a store  ...   I have never seen anything so hopeless for many years....   

At about 1,500sqmtr?  this outlet is about 40% of their usual format ..... BUT  having circled around ALL the isles one and a half times....   not one red shirt could be found anywhere. ....   wtf !!!   

There were 4 goons at the checkouts;  a genuinely very helpful and good product knowledge guy operating the paint deck, (and doubling up as their tool guy); I needed some Ryobie.....

But that was it....   I was almost tempted to walk out with something just to "prove a point" ....   grrrrr

BaseCamp

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2017, 11:47:19 PM »
I need 90mm diameter and they have either 100mm or 80mm only.

I thought only stormwater was 90mm? Waste pipe is 100mm & 80mm, no in between.
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC