Author Topic: NRL Season 2017  (Read 61473 times)

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: NRL Season 2017
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »
Gotta say.... what happened to the dog shagger?, other then his involvement in that one try, he was missing most of the night. Hopefully he steers NSW around the field the same way next year...lol
Exactly, the most inconsistent player in the NRL. Could believe he got picked for NSW SOO but glad he was.

Super happy for the Cowboys. Big celebration here last night.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »
..how sweet it is there's no NSW teams in the final....one Qld team and the other full of Qlder's 8) 8)

Yep, they could probably save the Olympic stadium and have the grand final at Liechhardt oval !!   ;D ;D

Maybe all the NSW people who bought tickets could get their money back and go fishing ??

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
Go the cowboys yeehaa.
Swmbo has granted leave if they win, so GF here I come

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Bags packed yet, Moggy?  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Steve
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »
Yep, they could probably save the Olympic stadium and have the grand final at Liechhardt oval !!   ;D ;D

Maybe all the NSW people who bought tickets could get their money back and go fishing ??
Bit like last nights game aye.....
Rows and rows and rows of empty seats, apparently too much effort for the eastern elites to drive a couple of km to the west.
Play that game in Townsville and get a packed stadium with supporters willing to travel 100s of km to back their team.

Anyway, a small crew of NQ boys caught up together on the Sunny Coast last night and cheered home the boys.

Bring on the GF!!!

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
Bit like last nights game aye.....
Rows and rows and rows of empty seats, apparently too much effort for the eastern elites to drive a couple of km to the west.

Bring on the GF!!!

Bit hard for the Roosters supporters to fill a 70,000 seat stadium. Especially since only 245 Cows supporters turned up !!  ;D

I'm going camping where there is no TV reception....so won't feel bad if I can't watch the GF.

I hope the Cows get up....if only for sentimental reasons.....plus after the Broncos and Manly, the Storm is the next most hated team in the comp.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:39 AM »
Quote from: gronk
I'm going camping where there is no TV reception....so won't feel bad if I can't watch the GF.
actually a great weekend to go away! nobody else is around
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
Bit hard for the Roosters supporters to fill a 70,000 seat stadium. Especially since only 245 Cows supporters turned up !!  ;D

I hope the Cows get up....if only for sentimental reasons.....plus after the Broncos and Manly, the Storm is the next most hated team in the comp.
Perhaps I was too specific then.... :)

Apparently it was too much effort for any of the SYDNEY elites to travel a couple of km in any direction to watch a great game of footy. :P

And play a finals decider between ANY two teams in Townsville and you're pretty much guaranteed not to see an empty seat. ;)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2017, 10:30:26 AM »
Bags packed yet, Moggy?  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Steve
Yep, had flights, tickets & accommodation. booked by 10pm

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »

The game was actually at Allianz stadium which has a capacity of around 45k, there were 28k+ at the game

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
Perhaps I was too specific then.... :)

Apparently it was too much effort for any of the SYDNEY elites to travel a couple of km in any direction to watch a great game of footy. :P

And play a finals decider between ANY two teams in Townsville and you're pretty much guaranteed not to see an empty seat. ;)

Bit harsh!
Most of the Rooster fan base would have been out canvassing for Yes vote

Must say though it is an easier task to fill 15000 or 20000 seats than 70000 or 80000.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
Haha. :)
True and true... ;)

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2017, 10:37:30 AM »
Gotta say.... what happened to the dog shagger?, other then his involvement in that one try, he was missing most of the night. Hopefully he steers NSW around the field the same way next year...lol
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »

and yet parra fans could get nearly 40,000 to their semi...  28,000 for a sydney team in a semi-final is pretty poor...

and plenty of those 245 cows fans probably traveled over 2000 klms just to get to the game...  and travel hundreds of klms just to get to home games every week...

and you can bet there'll be thousands more travelling to sydney for the GF...

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
and yet parra fans could get nearly 40,000 to their semi...  28,000 for a sydney team in a semi-final is pretty poor...

and plenty of those 245 cows fans probably traveled over 2000 klms just to get to the game...  and travel hundreds of klms just to get to home games every week...

Pretty easy 2000km, drive to airport, catch plane and then go less than 10 km to game, but yes dedicated as it costs dollars.

Vast difference between a Rooster fan base and Parra. It is known that if there is not a story in the Sydney paper or channel 9 news about Parra  then sales / ratings drop.it is why the media kept digging with the Eels salary cap dramas. A bit like the Courier Mail not having aBronco story.
A Parra team going well ( I know a dumb statement) and the fans will come.
My earlier comment about the Roosters fan base has some basis. The inner Sydney and Eastern Suburbs is full of Either Toffs, Greenies or other folk who don't relate to the working class game of league. 28000 to a Rooster's game is a good turn out.
In general most of Sydney couldn't give a toss about the NRL, you need to head out to Western Sydney before you find fans and then the NRL is battling the might of AFL.
When I lived in the mountains you would be lucky to get me to a game, to far, too cold, too expensive and my lounge was comfy. In Brisbane for last 2 years I have had a season Bronco ticket and will say it is easy to get to, not cold, predictable in that it is on every2nd  Friday but still expensive.
The NRL has some huge issues to face in the coming years.

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »

That ones a no brainer for sure. A rare thing of a grand final appearance, I'd move heaven and earth to see my team too.
I'll not argue with you on the latte sippers fans though, the most piss poor mob in the comp. It's hard to understand too, it's easier to support a successful team than a struggling one

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
Not NRL related, congratulations to the PNG Hunters on the Q Cup win  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Now there's a good footy story!

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2017, 06:56:47 PM »
I watch the Intrust cup GF this arvo and was great to see PNG win in the 78 minute.
Good luck to them next week as they head to Sydney for the Winners Final against Penrith
Penrith defeated Wyong (rooster feeder) 20-10

Also seen the bad part of the game were the SC Falcons skipper was knocked out cold yet remained on the field taking part for a further 3 minutes before the call was made to remove him from the game, a bad look to the game.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:32:31 PM by rags »

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
Not NRL related, congratulations to the PNG Hunters on the Q Cup win  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Now there's a good footy story!
yep, i posted similar in the What made you smile thread....great last minute win (well 2nd last minute actually) to them. Considering they were down 10 - nil after 6 minutes, they did well to stop the Sunny Coast scoring again.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #268 on: September 25, 2017, 06:16:21 AM »
Also seen the bad part of the game were the SC Falcons skipper was knocked out cold yet remained on the field taking part for a further 3 minutes before the call was made to remove him from the game, a bad look to the game.

saw that as well and could not believe what i was seeing... he was spasming on the ground and his face was contorting uncontrollably, the concussion was that bad...

you can see in the footage (i think) that he manhandles the trainer away from him on their try line...

absolutely agree with it being not a good look for the game...

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2017, 06:21:23 AM »
In defence of the game, the Q Cup doctor was insisting he come from the field, it was the Falcons trainer that didn't do the right thing by making the game stay stopped until he was removed from the field.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2017, 07:25:45 AM »
In defence of the game, the Q Cup doctor was insisting he come from the field, it was the Falcons trainer that didn't do the right thing by making the game stay stopped until he was removed from the field.

agree...  just saying it didn't look good for game overall to see that...  even falcons teammates didn't do anything in the first instance... he was just poleaxed on the ground...

falcons trainer needed to do a lot more to get him off the field...  could be in a bit of strife....

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
NRL Season 2017
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2017, 07:33:03 AM »
singin' ay ay yippee yippee ay!
singin' ay ay yippee yippee ay!
singin' ay ay yippee yippee!
ay ay yippee yippee
ay ay yippee yippee ay!

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2017, 09:02:59 PM »
Everywhere you turn there is something about the Adam Blair "dog shots". They've been going on all year & he's been great, now they're out of contention he's a grub. Where were the critics when they were playing teams that didn't count?

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »
Everywhere you turn there is something about the Adam Blair "dog shots". They've been going on all year & he's been great, now they're out of contention he's a grub. Where were the critics when they were playing teams that didn't count?

I been sitting for the past 2 seasons as a payed season member at Suncorp watching Adam Blair and have maintained the view that he is both a grub and reckless and have said as such here.

I am not alone in this critism of him, Former bronco hard man has the same view following a chicken wing tackle on Sam Thaiday.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/gorden-tallis-slams-broncos-prop-adam-blair-following-chickenwing-tackle-on-sam-thaiday/news-story/152da8b78b11468f74fa0c94c0911bfe

He is the same bloke that put his Storm captain out of the game for an extended period for a chicken wing tackle again in the 2010 test match.
 He was suspended before the Sammy incident for a grub hit on Josh Reynolds
He is the same guy who got offside with his tigers team mates and coach resulting in him ultimately leaving the club, due to a particular incident at training.

He is the same bloke that has been charged  12 times since joining storm in 2006
And you wonder why many are upset on his dog hit on Cooper Cronk last week.
Not bad for a so called clean player
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:33:28 PM by rags »