Author Topic: Itinerary Stage 1  (Read 3192 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Itinerary Stage 1
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »
Stage 1

Sat 5th / Mon 7th May 2018

Meet at Katherine  2 nights / 1 day
Stay at Riverview Tourist Park. Meet and greet everyone for the ultimate adventure ahead. A chance for people to do tours of Katherine Gorge. Also stock up here but no vegetables as they will be taken once we hit the WA border. Also stock up here with alcohol. Next woolies is at Kununurra.

(Book for 2 nights arrive Sat 5th May leave Mon 7th May. You will be advised on what sites to book)

Mon 7th May

1 day travel. Approx 5 to 6 hrs.
We head towards Zebra rock mine travelling along the Victoria Highway. We stop just past Victoria River Roadhouse for morning tea. Next stop is Timber Creek for fuel if needed. Continue on to Duncan Rd to Zebra Rock Mine.

Mon 7th / Wed 9th

Zebra Rock Mine / 2 nights / 1 Day
The camping is non powered but gennies are allowed. Basic grass sites. No shop but Zebra Rock is available to purchase.There are a number of tours available.
(Note bookings required but I will email them)

Wed 9th May
Zebra Rock Mine to Lake Argyle
Only a 2hr drive and we go back an hour and a half due to the time zone. At the WA border you will be checked for fresh fruit.

Wed 9th / Fri 11th
Lake Argyle caravan park 2 nights /1 and a half days. Powered sites and we will be next to the camp kitchen with the infinity pool only a 70mtr walk or half a beer. A great place to relax and tours are also avaiable.

( Book for 2 nights,  arrive Wed 9th May leave Fri 11th May. You will be advised on what sites to book)

Fri 11th May / Sat 12th May
Lake Argyle to Kununurra.
Only an hour and a half drive from Lake Argyle.

Kununurra 2 nights / 1 and a half days
A chance to top right up at Coles for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Grab items that will be hard to get in the Kimberley.
(Book for Friday and Sat night 11th /12th May. Park to be advised)

Sun 13th May to Fri 18th May
 Kununurra to Elquestro
Its only a 2.30 hr drive to Elquestro from Kununurra.

El Questro 5 nights / 4 and a half days.
Spend 4 and a half days exploring Elquestro.
(Book for 5 nights, arrive Sun 13th May leave Fri 18th May, 5 nights. We have picked the sites being close to the showers and toilets and all in one spot together. You will be advised on what sites to book. Powered and grassed sites.)

Fri 18th May to Mon 21st May
Only a 2.30 hr drive to Home Valley. We cross the famous Pentecost River and head to Home Valley Station.

Home Valley Station 3 nights / 2 and a half days
Camp on the Pentecost River.
(Book for 2 nights from Fri 18th May leave Mon 21st May, I will check if we need to book)

End of Stage one. Total 17 days / 16 nights.

Mark

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:25:20 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia