Author Topic: All 4 Adventure "Unleashed TV"  (Read 18109 times)

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
Re: All 4 Adventure "Unleashed TV"
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »
But the Roothy and Pat in the Hat DVD's are all around $10-$14 each... times that by 8 and it's not sooooo bad.

Honestly I don't watch most of these DVDs so forgive the dumb question - are they also only an hour?

I just can't get over that they want people to part with that much money for just 8 hours of footage delivered in a full 12 month period. Maybe if there was an "episode" a month or something, maybe...

Well honestly I still wouldn't pay it. I have the cheapest Netflix package and that's our "entertainment budget" pretty well sorted!  ;D

Very much doubt that unleashed will make main stream TV. Was given season 1 as a gift (would I pay for the DVD set..........nah) and they go out in this hilux monstrosity with 46" tyres that can't turn full lock, shoot pigs, create their own tracks over saplings and trees and generally have total disregard for anything and everyone but themselves, yes most appears filmed on private property or aboriginal lands up the cape, but still, the tree hugging loonies would have an absolute field day.............

...Aren't they on Channel 10's app, Tenplay or whatever its called...? Or is this different guys with a similar name...?  ???

Bird, totally on the same page as you there. If there was a show that actually went through the WHOLE process - getting a vehicle ready, stuff about LEGAL mods (I know that changes from state to state etc. but even just a simple acknowledgement that there are legalities surrounding what we can and can't do to our cars instead of just sticking the biggest lift kit and tyres possible on the thing!), the process of planning a remote trip, what to do when you run into strife, etc. etc.

Maybe some of us who do these big trips should get together and make our own show. If these subscription packages are anything to go by, we'd make a mint!  ;D C'mon, I have a drone and a GoPro and iMovie. How hard can it be?  ;D (Total sarcasm here...)

That said if some of the quiet spots we like were on TV detailing exactly how the Average Joe could make it out there I very much doubt I'd still want to go. Some of the spots are getting overrun enough as it is... :(
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Was told by a mate in the know the numbers of people who subscribed for the Unleased show...I was surprised how many it was (can't recall the number now), but it's a pretty decent money earner for them going on the figures we calculated
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 05:14:34 PM »
They are all in bed with each other, 4x4 mag which is a money spinner that subsidizes the 4wdsupacentre.
Know a bloke(Fabricator) that was approached to advertise in the mag, he Shite himself when they sent him the costs for a half page ad.
The mag pulls in 7+ figures a month.
Sure, I bought a couple of things from them, but I don't even pick up a copy of the mag, even if it's a couple of years old in the Dr's waiting room.

:cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 06:22:03 AM »
<snip>

...Aren't they on Channel 10's app, Tenplay or whatever its called...? Or is this different guys with a similar name...?  ???

<snip>

Yes same mob but an attempt to "bloke" up and appeal to the bogan demographic............
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 10:16:40 AM »
As a gift for signing up for the series you you are apparently given a free 2016 plated Amarok, complete with the 2.5 litres per hundred kilometre the VW lying bastards promise you will return.
Pretty hard deal to pass up, and the CD's can be used to hang in your carport to stop the birds crapping on your shiny new twin cab.
Or was that Pat's offer, I don't remember now.

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »
That's a lot of beer money to watch two blokes dressed like the Village People do dumb stuff in the bush
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »
Quote from: Hairs
The mag pulls in 7+ figures a month.
yea?? Where from.. I'd say they are seasonally adjusted numbers handed out to ya mate!!!

I don't know anyone who buys any maggo's (this has been done to death before) - on any forum anymore!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Humphreythebear

• Tent User
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 03:06:43 PM »
errrrrrrr , I buy mags .

Not 4x4 ones tho- and not stick mags ya dirty ratbags !

I still but Octane , coz its got varied content and Land Rover magazines ( its a mental illness ..... )

I Then send them  to my Dad who reads it and then takes it to mens shed - this is like recycling ,although i sent him an Road Tech Marine and a Jaycar catalogue he asked if i could get some more as they were "very popular with the old boys"

But ( and i work in the industry ) 4x4  , camping and fishing mags keep rehashing the same trips /tips and crap over and over .

I agree a mag or vid series that takes normal people on the whole adventure from dreaming up the trip through vehicle selection , then camper /tent /caravan and all the neccesory permits , tips and tricks of an adventure would be a winner .

One of the most common questions i get asked is " My mate says "  or "I read in xyz mag that i have to have "

My advice is start simple and work up , my early camping trips were with my family in an old holden ( ek ) sleeping in ex army tents - this was in the olden days ..........

If i could figure out how , i have a picture of me , my hyundai excel in the gate to the Flinders Ranges NP in 1992 , we then went to Ooonadatta Track .
Dont ask how off road a 1960's fairlane is ( the answer is very ! )
Outback Sturt , Holden SS Ute and a MTB for the Rough Stuff

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »
yea?? Where from.. I'd say they are seasonally adjusted numbers handed out to ya mate!!!
Could of been too.
He was going by what they wanted to charge him for an Ad with them.
So he got curious and started to crunch numbers, because 90% of it is advertising, 10% BS.  ;D
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
He was going by what they wanted to charge him for an Ad with them.
So he got curious and started to crunch numbers, because 90% of it is advertising, 10% BS.  ;D
:cup:
I can only imagine how much they would ask!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Mitch92

• Tent User
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 07:19:34 AM »
they go out in this hilux monstrosity with 46" tyres that can't turn full lock, shoot pigs, create their own tracks over saplings and trees and generally have total disregard for anything and everyone but themselves, yes most appears filmed on private property or aboriginal lands up the cape, but still, the tree hugging loonies would have an absolute field day.............

As long as it is legal who cares?

What is the problem woth shooting pigs?

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
As long as it is legal who cares?

What is the problem woth shooting pigs?

Absolutely nothing............except in the eyes of the tree huggin loonies and fun police......hence why it won't be shown on main stream TV.
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 12:08:15 AM »
Rumour has it that old mate who owns MDC aswell as AUS RV is awaiting the backlash from the no tow mobs that will come from the AWA boys latest trip...apparently they have towed the caravan across The Simpson

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 06:39:51 AM »
...apparently they have towed the caravan across The Simpson

OMG :o :o
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »
I have not been out that way is that a good effort or not, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
I have not been out that way is that a good effort or not, Craig
depends on the conditions at the time...when I crossed The Simpson it was really easy conditions after big rains, only encountered one dune that was what I say softish sand. At the end of the day, there will be outrage from some when this gets aired who insist trailer towers are the reason the desert dunes get chopped up, yet overlook those who don't tow and run higher tyre pressures doing just as much possibly more damage. Having watched the AWA guys previous shows towing trailers through some areas, they don't exactly "tread lightly" at times....not that you can towing the weights they do though.
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »
Wonder which of the two (BT-50 or the LC200) will tow the toy-hauler and the big boat?
I expect they will go to more accessible place with the BT-50, similar when Simon drove a Prado.
And yes I watch the series on TV but will not pay the subscription for 'unleashed'
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
Wonder which of the two (BT-50 or the LC200) will tow the toy-hauler and the big boat?
I expect they will go to more accessible place with the BT-50, similar when Simon drove a Prado.
And yes I watch the series on TV but will not pay the subscription for 'unleashed'

BT-50?

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
The Simpson sounds a nice place to go and have a look at one day, Yes they tow some big wide gear alright, Not my cup of tea, But If I was getting payed to do it that mite be different, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
Sorry, D Max not BT-50
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline RWS

• Soft Floor Camper User

Offline RWS

• Soft Floor Camper User