Author Topic: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?  (Read 1744975 times)

Offline Mattsglxr

• Tent User
Re: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?
« Reply #3850 on: September 07, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »
Hey mate. Is that from baintech that power top? I'm looking at putting a second battery in the back of a dual cab and am looking at there 160 amp dual battery kit. Just wondering if there gear is reasonable quality.
I went and had a chat to a couple of the bigger name 4wd shops and the price they want for essentially a battery box with a charger is ridiculous. Admittedly they had redarc regulators in them but I don't see that being $1000 difference.

Yes mate it is the Powertop and I'm very happy with the quality. It is a 100amp battery with plenty of outputs and inputs and for just under $600 not bad value I recon. I haven't had it long. I like that I can take to my next vehicle when I update.
The following users thanked this post: Hoop Snake

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3851 on: September 08, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
If it's just a battery box, I put the previous version of this http://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/batteries/deep-cycle-agm/130ah-12v-deep-cycle-agm-powered-battery-box-combo into my CT & was very happy with it.
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
« Reply #3852 on: September 08, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »
I can't give a plug on this particular battery box from Aussie Batteries yet, but I can say that I previously bought a small workbench AGM 28Ah giant battery from them 3 years ago and I was very impressed with not only their prompt delivery as quoted but also their advice.
If I was buying another AGM battery or battery box combo ( which I am thinking about ), they are who I will be buying off.

Cheers
Rob

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3853 on: September 09, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »
a couple of key-fob concepts...

one for the belt and one for the belt loop...

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #3854 on: September 10, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
Built a couple of trailers.

Ones got a Colorado ute tub, the good ones got a Dmax tub  ;D The colorado will be sold, who'd want it  >:D

Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3855 on: September 10, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »
Today l moved work benches around , moved  stuff that hadn't been touched in 5 years .
 Just amazed at how much mouse Sh1t & dead carcases were in store .
Now l have room to move ,    again  .  ??? Why did l structure the shed as l did  ??? :cheers:
Havent had to move the beer fridge as its at the door of the shed  as you come in  .  :cheers:
Some things never need to change     :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3856 on: September 11, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Today l moved work benches around , moved  stuff that hadn't been touched in 5 years .
 Just amazed at how much mouse Sh1t & dead carcases were in store .
Now l have room to move ,    again  .  ??? Why did l structure the shed as l did  ??? :cheers:
Havent had to move the beer fridge as its at the door of the shed  as you come in :cheers:
Some things never need to change     :cheers:
Wouldn't it be better if it was on casters so you could roll it close no matter where you were working in the shed?
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline GrumpyOne

• Swag User
« Reply #3857 on: September 11, 2017, 05:35:05 PM »
Current shed is only 6 x 3 which has some limitations by the time I get all the camping and gardening gear in there.  Only leave a little bit of room for a small workbench.

Would like to look at options for a bigger shed, but backyard is just that little bit too small that a 6x6 will encroach across a window in one of the back bedrooms and the better half is not so keen on that.  Anyone know of any options of where I can find a 6x5, or even better 5x5, that won't cost the earth due to the custom sizing?

Thanks in advance

Offline Ragman

• Tent User
« Reply #3858 on: September 11, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »
Gave the VW a service, first since doing the GRR. oil, oil & air filters. even gave it wash.

Offline Ben.Archer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3859 on: September 12, 2017, 07:19:24 AM »
Current shed is only 6 x 3 which has some limitations by the time I get all the camping and gardening gear in there.  Only leave a little bit of room for a small workbench.

Would like to look at options for a bigger shed, but backyard is just that little bit too small that a 6x6 will encroach across a window in one of the back bedrooms and the better half is not so keen on that.  Anyone know of any options of where I can find a 6x5, or even better 5x5, that won't cost the earth due to the custom sizing?

Thanks in advance

Build one yourself - not too hard..  i am going to have to do it myself as i need a random size down the side of my home.
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4
2000 90 Series Toyota Prado RV6
2013 MDC Off Road Step-Through V3 - Heavily modded and I am only just starting :-)

Offline GrumpyOne

• Swag User
« Reply #3860 on: September 13, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
Build one yourself - not too hard..  i am going to have to do it myself as i need a random size down the side of my home.

Nope, not too hard and I love doing these types of projects.  Unfortunately, I am extremely time poor due to work commitments.  I am the first to admit that if I take on a project like this, it simply won't get done.  Would rather throw my dough at someone to ensure that it gets done and I can enjoy it in the downtime I do have!!

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3861 on: September 13, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Finishing my demonstration horse for Lost Trades so people can see what I am trying to achieve as I am hacking into lumps of wood. The bridle, reins & saddle were my first attempt at leather work. I was tutored through the process by Bill Webb who will also be at Lost Trades.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3862 on: September 13, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
Finishing my demonstration horse for Lost Trades so people can see what I am trying to achieve as I am hacking into lumps of wood. The bridle, reins & saddle were my first attempt at leather work. I was tutored through the process by Bill Webb who will also be at Lost Trades.

WELL DONE    :cup: :cup: :cup:          Love your work      :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3863 on: September 14, 2017, 06:24:19 AM »

looks awesome.  well done  :cup:

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3864 on: September 23, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
Not sure where this belongs but the lost trades fair is getting closer.

http://www.cobbandco.qm.qld.gov.au/Events+and+Exhibitions/Events/2017/10/Lost+Trades+Fair+-+Toowoomba+2017#.WcYJwORrzIU

Today the organisers posted this link on facebook, very inspirational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgjdSa6ceA&feature=share

For facebook users here is their link.

https://www.facebook.com/losttrades/?hc_ref=ARQ_GIm6crQ4ZXI_bbcSVijmRrhEm520CwACF7gap9gFGX1cEI-TvG8sgNSvRaw7L_Q&fref=nf

If you are intending on going my advice is to buy your ticket on line. Those people that tried to buy tickets at the venue in Kyneton had a lengthy line to deal with, those that pre purchased were scanned through no waiting.

For you Queenslanders there will be a piece about the fair on the Great Day Out tomorrow I am one of the pleasant or maybe not so pleasant window dressings in the background during Lisa's interview :) 

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3865 on: September 24, 2017, 08:01:06 PM »
Ok for all you unfortunate ones that do not reside in Qld here is a link to the Lost Trades Fair segment from Great Day Out.

http://thegreatdayout.com.au/family/lost-trades-fair

Just a bit confused they seem to have photo shopped me out & put in some old white haired dero instead.

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3866 on: September 29, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Pulled the bullbar and front of the Pajero apart and installed my new winch.
And of course 1/2 way through realised my 13000 lb winch was to big so had to go into town and buy a smaller one.
Job done.
And I'm not afraid to say I feel great having done the whole job by myself with no extra parts left over and everything actually working the way it should.
No pictures because photobucket still hates me and I've not gotten around to going somewhere else...
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3867 on: September 30, 2017, 07:15:29 AM »
Pulled out one of my chisel sets to give them a lick over the oilstone and diamond plate.  Found then all with a nice light coat of rust on them.

Gave them a clean up and remembered years ago an old joiner I worked with had a sock stuffed with cotton wadding and soaked in machine oil.  This was stuffed tight in an old kiwi boot polish tin and he'd wipe all of his raw steel tools with it.

I've seen a few other similar ones since using old tins.
Used a 95g tuna tin and cut the back off an old cotton t shirt. Folded it 5mm taller than the tin and rolled it super tight. Stuffed it into the tin, with the aid of a screwdriver.  Over the next hour kept tipping in about half a bottle of 3in1 oil.

Just got to remember to wipe everything before I put them away...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3868 on: October 04, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
For anyone thinking about going to Lost Trades in Toowoomba this weekend here is the list of trades that will be there.

http://www.losttrades.info/

And to get the juices flowing

https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsToowoomba/videos/1470696352966334/?fref=mentions

Sorry couldn't find a non facebook link
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:06:03 PM by Raym »

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #3869 on: October 07, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
I have upgraded the axle and springs on my Trackabout to a 2 tonne axle and springs .

The new axle come with 12" brakes , not a lot of clearance between the outer brake hub and the inner 15" rim , but they do fit .

Another job that I finished a couple of weeks ago .

Made a swing out spare tyre carrier , removed the tyre from the tail gate as I have had to repair the top hinge where fatigue was starting to appear .

" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3870 on: October 07, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
Looking good Duggie...
Bill
-unknown

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3871 on: October 12, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »
Music machine for man cave. An old radiogram upgraded.
This was original, but not working.

To this

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3872 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:28 PM »
I do like the radio...
Bill
-unknown

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #3873 on: October 12, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »
Now that is schmick, love the repurposing of the old gear .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3874 on: October 12, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »
I do like the radio...
Bill
Radio isnt functional. I just gutted it and use the knobs to turn on leds, and tuner moves but its only for a bit of wow. Valves were moved to top for display and are lit with leds. "upgraded" turntable to an old 80s Dual deck and powering it with an old Marantz 1150. Waiting on some old Cerwin Vegas to arrive to really get the tunes cranking. Using my Aarons from the surround in the lounge ATM.
Getting into spinning vinyl alot more lately.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.