Author Topic: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last  (Read 69322 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »
Does staying in a cabin count as camping?
Only if you raise the tent pole in the morning

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
Firstly I would like to thank everyone who took part in this discussion whether you have agreed or disagreed.  We have all contributed rationally and openly and said our 2 cents worth either in favor or against my topic.  Everyone has been concise in their beliefs and we have even thrown in a few jokes at each other when disagreeing which I thought was really good.  I posted this thread merely for a discussion base, not to start a bitch fest between Dazzler and myself.  It was not my intention to entirely smash ARB or their reputation,  merely to advise you of the very poor treatment I experienced and yes throw my two bob in for what it is worth. 

Yes Dazzler I did have little sulk you were 100% correct and I am very sorry mate but this is where I stop agreeing with you.  I have spent a considerable amount of money at ARB and unfortunate for them I did have a bit more to throw their way.  If you take note of my recent 4WD post I can recall praising this company for its very neat product installation.   Let it be said Dazzler I have always been spoken too politely by ARB staff, I do not have a problem with this side of their business practice nor do I wish to identify which stores I am referring too.  I do however have a very big problem being told the day before fitting (second time around I might add)  that my bullbar has not been painted yet.  I was advise upon payment of the deposit that they had two bullbars in stock and they sat on them for 5 weeks, they said and did nothing.  Yes I organised time off work etc, and yes I do not wish to go into this sulk as you referred to it.     

I acknowledge that I am new to this forum and yes I may not understand the forum to its full extent but I do however understand a rude aggressive smart arsed comment made by a person sitting safely behind his keyboard.  You know sometimes I wish that we could have had this conversation in different circumstances, not for the fact it would offer us the ability to bet each other stupidly, but for the simple fact that we would have certainly been more receptive to the consequence of each others response.  I'am sure your snapping aggression would have been some what channeled as would any comment I may have wished too make in response.

I am not writing this post with the intention to stage a direct assassination on you Dazzler because I really hope that I am better than that.  It is one thing to disagree with someone and yes that is OK, it is also very important how you correct the situation possibly by having a beer and a laugh not holding grudge, that is what makes a good man.   I have said my peace too you my friend and I do not wish to retract my statements as I am sure you feel the same.     

Perhaps you need to take a look at how you communicate with others and I too will think long and hard in regards to what topic I post on this forum in order not to offend you. This hopefully may prevent such childish bullShit occurring in the future.  Who knows we might even progress to some friendly conversation with each other and maybe get that beer.   If my thread to you was that unreasonable then maybe say this like a reasonable man and not snap it out like you control the forum.  If this was to be the case I'am sure our fellow swaggers will agree with you and I could effectively be corrected.   

As for the statement regarding consumer legislation I would suggest you re visit this Act.   Legislation can be very confusing to read and interpret, if this is your line of work I respect that, and if it is not be careful when throwing out your interpretation of such legislation, Just in case you are wrong. 

Cheers and beers my friend.  Don't sit too close to the fire.

Nicely said. 

Welcome to myswag 6pack :cheers:
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
I've learnt not so long ago, never to engage in forum conversation when I've had a few drinks under my belt and when I did, 9 times out of ten, I always regretted it.
Just say'in.
 :cheers:

I have a few others, but maybe its for a new thread  ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:03:40 AM by cruiser 91 »
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2015, 09:26:11 AM »
Well said six pack, welcome to Myswag

And I think your spot on cruiser, with the aggression of some replies you would think that is the case.

Come on Scarps your dropping the ball mate, where is the group hug picture

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
X2 were all a big happy family here. With the occasional stir and plenty of laughter :cheers:
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
Firstly I would like to thank everyone who took part in this discussion whether you have agreed or disagreed.  We have all contributed rationally and openly and said our 2 cents worth either in favor or against my topic.  Everyone has been concise in their beliefs and we have even thrown in a few jokes at each other when disagreeing which I thought was really good.  I posted this thread merely for a discussion base, not to start a bitch fest between Dazzler and myself.  It was not my intention to entirely smash ARB or their reputation,  merely to advise you of the very poor treatment I experienced and yes throw my two bob in for what it is worth. 

Yes Dazzler I did have little sulk you were 100% correct and I am very sorry mate but this is where I stop agreeing with you.  I have spent a considerable amount of money at ARB and unfortunate for them I did have a bit more to throw their way.  If you take note of my recent 4WD post I can recall praising this company for its very neat product installation.   Let it be said Dazzler I have always been spoken too politely by ARB staff, I do not have a problem with this side of their business practice nor do I wish to identify which stores I am referring too.  I do however have a very big problem being told the day before fitting (second time around I might add)  that my bullbar has not been painted yet.  I was advise upon payment of the deposit that they had two bullbars in stock and they sat on them for 5 weeks, they said and did nothing.  Yes I organised time off work etc, and yes I do not wish to go into this sulk as you referred to it.     

I acknowledge that I am new to this forum and yes I may not understand the forum to its full extent but I do however understand a rude aggressive smart arsed comment made by a person sitting safely behind his keyboard.  You know sometimes I wish that we could have had this conversation in different circumstances, not for the fact it would offer us the ability to bet each other stupidly, but for the simple fact that we would have certainly been more receptive to the consequence of each others response.  I'am sure your snapping aggression would have been some what channeled as would any comment I may have wished too make in response.

I am not writing this post with the intention to stage a direct assassination on you Dazzler because I really hope that I am better than that.  It is one thing to disagree with someone and yes that is OK, it is also very important how you correct the situation possibly by having a beer and a laugh not holding grudge, that is what makes a good man.   I have said my peace too you my friend and I do not wish to retract my statements as I am sure you feel the same.     

Perhaps you need to take a look at how you communicate with others and I too will think long and hard in regards to what topic I post on this forum in order not to offend you. This hopefully may prevent such childish bullShit occurring in the future.  Who knows we might even progress to some friendly conversation with each other and maybe get that beer.   If my thread to you was that unreasonable then maybe say this like a reasonable man and not snap it out like you control the forum.  If this was to be the case I'am sure our fellow swaggers will agree with you and I could effectively be corrected.   

As for the statement regarding consumer legislation I would suggest you re visit this Act.   Legislation can be very confusing to read and interpret, if this is your line of work I respect that, and if it is not be careful when throwing out your interpretation of such legislation, Just in case you are wrong. 

A gentleman's reply.

Cheers

Disco teddy
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »
X2 were all a big happy family here. With the occasional stir and plenty of laughter :cheers:
Plenty of laughs, especially when you go collecting firewood

scarpsD40

Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
sorry macca, I was in the shower with my myswag mates;D

p.s. In case anyone is wondering, I'm the guy with the suntan third from the right and Bird is the next one on the left.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:23:21 AM by scarpsD40 »

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »
thanks mate , see six pack that's dazza under the "O" in national, no one's giving him a hug

Offline Bad Scott

• Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »

p.s. In case anyone is wondering, I'm the guy with the suntan third from the right and Bird is the next one on the left.
:cup: ROTFLMAO
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Rusty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »

Looks like the Victorians are organising there own meet you have to have cloths on to come to the qld one

Rusty  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2018 200 series landcruiser
2021 Jayco silverline outback

Offline Bad Scott

• Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2015, 10:57:10 AM »
Looks like the Victorians are organising there own meet you have to have cloths on to come to the qld one

Rusty  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Were not shy down here :D :D :D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »

Rusty  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yeah but ours are fun

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »
Nah Bird is the 1st one left

Swannie

1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
Where's Helen ?????

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »

Thanks sixpack and all good.  Seriously.

Each of us have our personalities and yep, mine can be grating at times.  I call it like I see it and often that is pretty blunt and comes from twenty years as a cop.  You get presented with an issue, pick out the holes, make a decision and go with it.  Sometimes perhaps I need to extend more courtesy here.  I am no counsellor.

As a few on here know I currently work in an area of law that deals with problems like you had.  Probably why I was so blunt is compared to what is happening out there your problem was so small (in comparison) to what people lose to rogue operators that it was really a case, in my mind at least, of, well, how I responded.

To give you some idea, this week we put forward charges against a rogue trailer builder.  This bloke was running a ponsi style scheme where he would start building trailers and motorhomes, get half way through and then demand the final payment to finish.  Once the money is paid its spent on overseas travel, shuts up shop and moves on.  One owner has lost $70k, another $40k and total losses of $260k.  Another POS preys on disabled people and takes their money for a used car and just keeps the car, then threatens to bash them if they report it.

Anyways, cheers.

My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Bad Scott

• Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »
Where's Helen ?????

Hiding again ;D ;D ;D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
See you thought the thread run off the rails 20 odd pages ago, it only took the Knockwood crew one page to send it spiraling out of control.
 Now back on topic I've got a TJM bar on my car and am happy with it although I did get it re powder coated when I fitted the OEM fog lights into it

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »

Now this is a joke.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:48:26 PM by Sixpack »
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

scarpsD40

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »

Now this is a joke.
I don't get it?

Offline ronmac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just love my wild turkey
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
Build a bridge and get over it.
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.

Well, strip my gears and call me Shiftless.

scarpsD40

Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »
Build a bridge and get over it.
lol.......wondered who'd be the first.  Gotcha;D

Offline Bad Scott

• Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
lol.......wondered who'd be the first.  Gotcha;D
you at eildon fishing again ;D ;D ;D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »

I don't get it?

I thought the rock throwing at each other had stopped?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:42:16 PM by ATC »

scarpsD40

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »

you at eildon fishing again ;D ;D ;D
nah, still in bed......