Author Topic: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last  (Read 68875 times)

Offline Psychosick

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »
I still buy stuff off them
2015 Cub Brumby
2012 D22 Navara

Quit job, sold house, threw phone away.... Gone camping.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
My 2 cents
I was at head office in Kilsyth and the guy there bent over backwards to help. So no complaints.
I was also at Opposite Lock and the guy there was also great.
Not to say that you don't get $hite service. ;D
fuji
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
ahhhhh aussie "customer" service... ****ing Shithouse since 1992...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »
There are actually some long-term Aussie companies out there making stuff to order, albeit much off shore.  He'll, some have been going so long that they have bars, etc for my old beast in their catalogues, AND will make and deliver to order.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE:  "What's wrong with this country"

To think ARB is a relatively large company; and employs many.....
What about the shareholders; (of which I am not one)..

Imagine how many baboons and boffins (ie: executives and upper management) there would be - strutting around inside ARB...   (all on their $80K - $150K salaries av.)  .... but still the whole place stinks of utter incompetence....     

Propped up in part by 4WD Action DVDs propaganda; ARB's (former) standing in the community; and profitability fueled by tens of millions of dollars worth of cheap imports....     

But now at the same time out there in the real world - the guillotine is descending on them .....(consumers voting with their wallets and feet - elsewhere)... 

Heres my one, I went in to get a canopy and was told 5 weeks for the smooth finish, 3 weeks for the grained so i went the grained as i was leaving for a trip in 4 weeks.
They booked me in for 3.5 weeks time just to make sure it was done. Now the day before it was to be fitted i got a phone call in the morning and they said they did not know if it was on the truck for delivery or not and would not know until the truck turned up. In the arvo i got another phone call that said it was not on the truck but it will be there at 10am the day of fitting so drop your car off at 9am as planned and that will give them time to prep it.
Day of fitting i drop my car off at 9am and walk to the beach about 1hour walk away, 11.30am i get a phone call saying it was not on the truck but they were getting it couriered down so i could drive the ARB ute home ( i live 100km away ) and they would bring my car to me the next day and pick up theirs which was ok as i got to go home and not have to hang around all day.
So i drive home and as i get in the driveway i get a phone call and they say its turned up but its the wrong one, we ordered u the wrong one. I got back in there ute and flogged the **** out of it the whole way back there, got my deposit back and gave them some kind words and went to ironman.... but thats another story as well but at least i got one from them eventually after they painted it the wrong colour the first time.
Was quite an experience trying to get a canopy on, anyone would think it was hard.
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
Quote from: BaseCamp
But now at the same time out there in the real world - the guillotine is descending on them

oh yea, their Shitting their pants with fear and planning on a closing down sale any decade...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2015, 12:32:16 PM »
oh yea, their Shitting their pants with fear and planning on a closing down sale any decade...

yeah bird...   I guess your sarcasm above is truly indicative of ARB's arrogance and incompetence.
Come on Aussie; come on; come on...   LOL

Well called....
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »

You a Dickhead Dazzler.  You sound like one of these know it all fools.  You yourself is the reason I don't take part in social media.  I tried this one to communicate with friendly like minded people.

Hi six pack.

Perhaps if you cannot deal with criticism, or an alternate view to your stated position, then you refrain from posting in a medium designed for peer response.

You wanted a conversation and I conversed with you. The fact that my view is at odds with yours is not a personal attack on you but an attack on the content of your post.

There are a number of areas open for criticism in your initial post and therefore should be open to debate.

You had difficulty with one ARB store, more probably a franchise, and deride ARB in total.  Had you stated "ARB (insert suburb) store" and then explained your dissatisfaction you would have been totally reasonable. However, your post makes as much sense as refusing to ever buy a certain brand of vehicle because the local service manager provided poor service.

The second area for debate, as I stated earlier, surrounds the legal responsibility they have to you under the Australian Consumer Law.  As stated they met their legal obligations and better than most in the industry. I come across as a know it all in this as understanding contract law and Australian Consumer Law is my job.

I disagree with being a dickhead. Argumentative.
Opinionated. 
Cranky on occasion.

However,  as I have demonstrated as a member on here, when I screw up or am wrong I apologise.

Obviously there is no basis for that course of action in respect of this poorly thought out "cry me a river" thread. 

Cheers.

Dazza

My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »
I'm thinking I need to buy an ARB or TJM store, would make. Killing I reckon

Swannie

Any product may be great, it's the service of those you employ and being at the mercy of the manufacturer that will determine the killing.
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2015, 03:48:37 PM »
So .. this thread has served its purpose now???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Bad Scott

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2015, 05:14:41 PM »
Best reply in this thread :cup:

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
Hi six pack.

Perhaps if you cannot deal with criticism, or an alternate view to your stated position, then you refrain from posting in a medium designed for peer response.

You wanted a conversation and I conversed with you. The fact that my view is at odds with yours is not a personal attack on you but an attack on the content of your post.

There are a number of areas open for criticism in your initial post and therefore should be open to debate.

You had difficulty with one ARB store, more probably a franchise, and deride ARB in total.  Had you stated "ARB (insert suburb) store" and then explained your dissatisfaction you would have been totally reasonable. However, your post makes as much sense as refusing to ever buy a certain brand of vehicle because the local service manager provided poor service.

The second area for debate, as I stated earlier, surrounds the legal responsibility they have to you under the Australian Consumer Law.  As stated they met their legal obligations and better than most in the industry. I come across as a know it all in this as understanding contract law and Australian Consumer Law is my job.

I disagree with being a dickhead. Argumentative.
Opinionated. 
Cranky on occasion.

However,  as I have demonstrated as a member on here, when I screw up or am wrong I apologise.

Obviously there is no basis for that course of action in respect of this poorly thought out "cry me a river" thread. 

Cheers.

Dazza

Dazzler I agree with your posts, often advise from ones expertise will be ignored.
 MDS69 "the best reply to this thread" and agree this also with Bird "So .. this thread has served its purpose now???"

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »

Noooooo, not yet, have to allow six pack to respond at least..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:58 PM »
Noooooo, not yet, have to allow six pack to respond at least..... ;D ;D ;D
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »
In defence of the OP, I think some are chewing him out a bit harshly - especially given that he is a relative babe on the forum, and possibly not used to the sarcasm of some of us.
Personally, if I make arrangements based on commitments to supply and fit, took time off work to make it happen, etc, and was then twice frigged around at the last moment, I'd be pretty p!ssed off too.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »

In defence of the OP, I think some are chewing him out a bit harshly - especially given that he is a relative babe on the forum, and possibly not used to the sarcasm of some of us.

And its always the same keyboard warriors. ............

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

scarpsD40

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:29 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline marvellous_matt

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2015, 09:43:10 PM »

Dazza
Dazza, contract and consumer law is not part of my job, however I'm surprised that they have met their legal obligations. I understand from the OP that the time frame for delivery was part of the contract they entered into, on the basis of this money (not a deposit) was paid for the goods. They failed to deliver goods in the agreed timeframe are they not in breach of their contact?

scarpsD40

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »

almost

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
Crystal meth cup cakes :cheers:
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »
Crystal meth cup cakes :cheers:
Hahahahaha hahahahaha. 
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »
Personally, if I make arrangements based on commitments to supply and fit, took time off work to make it happen, etc, and was then twice frigged around at the last moment, I'd be pretty p!ssed off too.
X2. Anyone should be able to post a topic about a good, bad or average experience weather it be about camping or service and not be attacked over it. The Op Was sharing an experience and ends up being criticised about being impatient and unreasonable. Nice way to welcome someone dazzler. If we were to trawl through your last 5000 posts, I hope we don't see you complaining or sharing about an unsavoury experience......ever!!!!!  trolling much?......
Cheers

Justin