Author Topic: AFL tipping comp  (Read 2611 times)

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
AFL tipping comp
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
I started an AFL tipping comp over at offroad80s.com I was hoping to get some big numbers there but unfortantly so far we only have 7 tippers >:( So I thought I'd post up here and invite anyone from my swag who might be interested in joining in. Entry will be $50, and Im hoping for more numbers so we can have a decent prize money at the end. The original thread is here:
http://www.offroad80s.com/offroad80s-afl-tipping-comp-t8629.html
But anyway heres the entry post I made over there:
Ok, Ive setup a comp on footytips.com.au. Follow this link to get you there
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Offroad80s-com_

its a private comp so you will need the password "80 series" to get you in (if anyone forgets that password I'll slap em!)

Try to use your offroad80s username their too if you can (Myswag members could just use their myswag user name with (myswag) after it)

Theres the normal tipping comp and a streak comp (streak you pick one team to win, if they loose your winning streak starts again -simple)
Comp will cost $50 and prize money will depend on final numbers. If we dont get at least 10 tippers then we wont worry about the $$$, unless the majority want it. Prize money will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 2nd last (will be money back :lol: ) Plus a bonus prize of highest streak if we have enough tippers. Tipping will include the grand final.

Payment for the comp can be sent to my paypal or bank deposit

Hope to see you in the comp
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:42:30 PM by shanegtr »

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
Re: AFL tipping comp
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
Common guys, theres got to be some interest out there, only a week till the season starts!

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
Lions to take the flag!!!  :cup:

I hope.
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
AFL season kicks off this weekend guys, so if you want to join in do it now!!! We still need numbers and there isnt a single member from myswag signed up (ok you could count yandiferal but he's also a member on offroad80s). I would have thought I'd get a few numbers from here :-[

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
Lions to take the flag!!!  :cup:

I hope.
You still think so?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
Put me down for all the winners for 2012   :cup: AS l dont follow the game really it wont have any bearing on the results  ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
Quote from: speewa158
Put me down for all the winners for 2012   :cup: AS l dont follow the game really it wont have any bearing on the results  ;D
Chick at work thats leading the tippin comp is in SYdney, from Fiji, and didnt even know Collingwood had a team
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »
Woohoo.....1 game to go and I am 3 points ahead....cannot lose from here....So thats 1 I Pad plus I am winning the NRL tips by 1 plus 37 ahead in margin so that could be a 2nd I Pad next week, along with my prize for coming 2nd in the super rugby plus the $400 I have won for getting 8 perfect rounds....glad I visited my wife at work and they talked me into joining there work comp.....I was thinking of watching the finals next week but I haven't watch a game yet so can't see the point of starting now.
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
Chick at work thats leading the tippin comp is in SYdney, from Fiji, and didnt even know Collingwood had a team
What do you mean Collingwood had a team  ??? WHEN  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
Hi guys, we are kicking off our offroad80s.com footy tipping comp again this year. Need a few more numbers compared to what we had last year:
Ok, lets get this kicked off again. Im assuming your all happy with the $50 entry to remain? Im happy to halve it if we can get more tippers in that way. Wont require payment until round 4 anyway so theres some time to sort it out. Anyway, to join up goto this link:
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Offroad80s-com_&p=Offroad80s
Password for the comp is simple - offroad80s
Prize money will be worked out as a percentage of the total entry fees. To be divided as follows:
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
2nd last - 5%
Couple of changes since last season. If you forget to put your tips in theres now 0 points offered to you for that round, so dont forget them. 2 bonus points on offer for tipping a perfect round. There are 3 joker rounds this year - and you now choose which round you apply your jokers to. Joker rounds double your points so choose carefully when to use them.
Theres not much time so get to it and get your entries in.