Author Topic: Supercars 2020  (Read 29049 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Supercars 2020
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
Unbelievable
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/courtney-pivotal-in-last-minute-livery-switch/

Yeh, thought we had seen the last of that rich prick with no real regard for sportsmanship.

Don't worry, there will be an angle he's working towards.....good honest sponsorship isn't one of his traits !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:19 PM »
Yeh, thought we had seen the last of that rich prick with no real regard for sportsmanship.

Don't worry, there will be an angle he's working towards.....good honest sponsorship isn't one of his traits !!

Overnight change of sponsor my ass , Courtney already has a new Boost race suit .

I was hoping that no one was silly enough , but money talks .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2020, 06:51:23 PM »

I reckon the new Corvette might be a good replacement for the Holden teams??

I do not know if this will be the case , I remember reading somewhere that to qualify as a supercar race car they , (The road version car had to be available in right hand drive ) , with GM no longer going to build any right hand drive cars , all the GM range may be excluded in been part of the Australian supercar field .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 07:57:24 PM »
Whats a V8 supa car cost to built, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »

I do not know if this will be the case , I remember reading somewhere that to qualify as a supercar race car they , (The road version car had to be available in right hand drive ) , with GM no longer going to build any right hand drive cars , all the GM range may be excluded in been part of the Australian supercar field .

The Camaro is continuing with the HSV being converted to RHD and could be used in Supercar.  I think it was a case they could not expand the Camaro to make it fit the Car of the Future or Car of the Past that Supercars are running.  Supercars has to hurry up and make the next version of the Car of the Future  so any car of the Future can fit it.   I guess Supercars has to the end of 2021 to come up with the new Car of the Future. 

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2020, 11:51:08 PM »
Whats a V8 supa car cost to built, Craig

Don't think ya get any change outta $500000

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2020, 06:47:04 AM »
I think supercars will change any rule they need to now that Holden have vanished to keep the series going with any car the teams throw on the table.

Itll always be a control chassis wrapped with any homologated body they like. They just need to make the control roll cage a lot smaller to accommodate different bodies without having to end up with a weird looking car like the mustang is at the moment.

The show will go on. All the significant changes wont take place until 2022. My guess is the teams will continue to run the mustang and commodore body in anticipation of the required changes to allow different body shapes in 2022. They dont want to have to go through the complete vcat homologation thing so soon, so they will wait until the new regs and new bodies. You read it here first ;)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »
I think supercars will change any rule they need to now that Holden have vanished to keep the series going with any car the teams throw on the table.

Itll always be a control chassis wrapped with any homologated body they like. They just need to make the control roll cage a lot smaller to accommodate different bodies without having to end up with a weird looking car like the mustang is at the moment.

The show will go on. All the significant changes wont take place until 2022. My guess is the teams will continue to run the mustang and commodore body in anticipation of the required changes to allow different body shapes in 2022. They dont want to have to go through the complete vcat homologation thing so soon, so they will wait until the new regs and new bodies. You read it here first ;)

Saw today they are going to bring the Gen 3 version back into 2021 instead of 2022, so we can only hope.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 06:56:50 AM »
The point I was trying to make before about why not just race what is on the market by making it safe with a roll cage and modifying the motors and gearboxes a bit for racing, is its to drive new car sales, Now they have theses 500 grand cars that the average person can not buy, that are nothing like you can buy, and they wonder why they have all gone tits up, I stopped watching years ago, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2020, 07:11:55 AM »
The point I was trying to make before about why not just race what is on the market by making it safe with a roll cage and modifying the motors and gearboxes a bit for racing, is its to drive new car sales, Now they have theses 500 grand cars that the average person can not buy, that are nothing like you can buy, and they wonder why they have all gone tits up, I stopped watching years ago, Craig
:cup:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2020, 09:32:15 AM »

We already have that in the Australian Production Car Series and the TRS.  Supercars in Australia has the second highest tv viewership by women exceeded only by AFL and the third highest in men, exceeded only by AFL and Cricket. ( Marketing numbers during our eight years participation in Supercars with Bright Motorsport, Stone Brothers and Erebus) Win on Sunday buy on Monday hasn’t existed in motoring for 40 years.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »
We already have that in the Australian Production Car Series and the TRS.  Supercars in Australia has the second highest tv viewership by women exceeded only by AFL and the third highest in men, exceeded only by AFL and Cricket. ( Marketing numbers during our eight years participation in Supercars with Bright Motorsport, Stone Brothers and Erebus) Win on Sunday buy on Monday hasn’t existed in motoring for 40 years.
We have a winner
Most Supercars fan don't want to watch mums cars, I reckon Supercars will be having a good look at the TransAm modelling for future direction.
As for dropping numbers, I have been going to Bathurst since the seventies and haven't seen much of a drop off over the years, yeah genre has changed but that's ok. Supercars need to get coverage back onto a decent free to air channel for the part time fans

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
Great top ten shootout, closer than ever, looks like the aero and damper changes have spiced things up. Looking forward to a great race this arvo. ;D ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
Want wild and wooly racing entertainment .... Just go to a full Sports Sedan run what you like bodies,  so long as it has a certain width  tire for a given power and weight . ;D ;D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ_UeuiQnQA
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 07:48:18 AM »
Great top ten shootout, closer than ever, looks like the aero and damper changes have spiced things up. Looking forward to a great race this arvo. ;D ;D

Yeh early signs would say they have finally got some parity.

Personally I found it far better when Ford was dominant ;D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2020, 08:01:45 AM »
Yeh early signs would say they have finally got some parity.

I agree that it seems the cars a bit more equal, but yesterdays race didn't deem to have much in the way of challenging for position? Sure it was a different mix of drivers & teams at the pointy end, but most of the passing was a result of pitstops and strategy? The only real argeybargey was with Mostert/Waters/Davidson, but I think that was just a bit of pent up Tickford payback going on?

I think it'll take a few rounds to see, maybe Adelaide is not the best circuit for passing manouvers?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2020, 04:44:29 PM »
well it was an interesting race for a few laps. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »
Well done Cam Waters.   Did wonder in Scotty would have done it, but NO
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:57:38 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »
Watched it all, enjoyed it, plenty of drama the last twenty laps. Pity SVGs car Shit itself, would have been a pretty hectic last half a dozen laps with him hassling Cam and Chaz.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »

Yeah, righto.... ;D

Scintillating entertainment.... ::)

:cheers:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:47:29 PM by GeoffA »
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »

Pity SVGs car Shit itself,

No pity here.  If he listened to his team, held position and drove to a number. He would've limped the broken shock home in 4th.  Sitting 3rd in the championship, 3 points behind his teammate.

Instead he almost wiped out Waters, DNF'd  and now sits 13th and a full race behind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2020, 06:35:54 AM »
The new aero and suspension changes were meant to equalise the field this year, and I guess they may have done that looking at the teams/drivers in the top ten? But 2 races into the season and both have been won/lost in the pits, not on the track?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2020, 08:49:34 AM »
The new aero and suspension changes were meant to equalise the field this year, and I guess they may have done that looking at the teams/drivers in the top ten? But 2 races into the season and both have been won/lost in the pits, not on the track?

May have 'evened' performance but drivers still saying the aero wash and tyre temp is causing issues when trying to pass.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2020, 10:12:33 AM »
May have 'evened' performance but drivers still saying the aero wash and tyre temp is causing issues when trying to pass.   

SVG said its the gurney flap....if that's the case just remove it from both cars so air is cleaner...who needs aero

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 10:18:43 AM »
SVG said its the gurney flap....if that's the case just remove it from both cars so air is cleaner...who needs aero

It'll take them another 12 months to sort it out, in the mean time keep playing follows
Cheers

Al and/or Jan