Author Topic: Air Bags. The story is not over yet.  (Read 11078 times)

Offline scrubber

• Swag User
Re: Air Bags. The story is not over yet.
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2019, 06:44:05 AM »
Starting to sound like the only safe way to manage this issue is disable or remove the safety device that is compromising your safety ;)
An old cruiser pre airbags, ABS, DPF, engine computers, computer for this, computer for that  etc etc is starting to sound more and more appealing.
“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »
Quote from: scrubber
An old patrol pre airbags, ABS, DPF, engine computers, computer for this, computer for that  etc etc is starting to sound more and more appealing.

your right there :D :D :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline bkim

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2019, 12:24:56 AM »
I think that every time I get into my trusty 1988 TD42 SWB maverick!

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2019, 06:44:35 AM »
I’ve a 2005 Patrol wagon. I had the airbag replaced and some time later contacted to have the replacement also replaced.

It’s a potentially dangerous problem that does not appear to be managed very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
Ford Courier's turn

Ford Australia has announced a voluntary recall of more than 200 Ford Courier vehicles it believes could be fitted with dangerous airbags.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is urging Australians driving a Ford Courier vehicle manufactured between 1998 and 2000 to check if the car is included in a new airbag safety recall.

The ACCC is urging Australians driving a Ford Courier vehicle manufactured between 1998 and 2000 to check if the car is included in a new airbag safety recall.

Rod Sims, chair of the competition watchdog, said the affected airbags are fitted with a NADI 5-AT propellant and are the same as airbags recently recalled by Audi and BMW.

"These airbags may misdeploy in an accident, causing metal fragments to propel from the airbag and potentially injure or kill people in the car," Mr Sims said.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/ford-drivers-urged-to-check-cars-after-new-recall-of-faulty-airbags-20191223-p53mkn.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline sparksy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:13 PM »
And theres more.
Honda and Mitsubishi wont carry the cost of fitting new airbags to older model and it works out cheaper for them to buy back all the cars at " market value".
Who deems what market value is and what if you dont want to sell your 1998/99 NL pajero with all its mods.
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/honda-and-mitsubishi-recall-42000-cars-due-to-serious-airbag-safety-risk

https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/1996-2000-mitsubishi-pajero-nl-in-new-takata-airbag-recall-mitsubishi-offers-to-buy-back-vehicles/?fbclid=IwAR0Ka2QzZJW1VicVMhJ7wjtRa8j5zZAFAaIE6FlgXeJG2hB1GBWI_Eo6Doo

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2020, 05:56:37 AM »
And another on the list of future recalls list dared Nov 2019

Nissan Navara D22 (Thai built)
Sold 2008-2012
Due for recall (last week)20 January 2020   
Passenger side airbag
https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls/compulsory-takata-airbag-recall/future-takata-airbag-recalls
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:58:36 AM by #jonesy »
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux.