Author Topic: Some Aboriginal explanations  (Read 26966 times)

Offline gruesome

• Don't follow me I'm LOST
  • Tent User
Re: Some Aboriginal explanations
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
TJ
Good luck with the check up mate, probably call in your way August with a bit of luck
cheers Andy
2001 Prado OME coils and springs, bfg 265/75/16, UHF, Warn 9000lb winch
dual batteries, snorkel, draw  system, TJM bar, hella lights
Complete Campsite trailer

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »
Good luck with all your health checks Tjupurula.  Will be thinking of you.

KB

X3, keep us updated with how it goes mate
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 08:19:23 PM »
Good luck with all your health checks Tjupurula.  Will be thinking of you.

KB

X 2 good luck, sincerely TJ.

Jas and family.

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
I have been told they ahould be flying me out in the morning sometime, from there who knows where I am going.  I somehow think that they will find that all is pretty good at the moment, I hope.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Talawana5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 11:14:05 PM »
Thank you so much for a very easy to understand explanation love it.

Cheers

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »
Take care and hopefully it will be all good.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline DaveCQ

• Tent User
  • Dave
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2013, 07:51:14 AM »
What a great post. Thanks mate and all the best with your health. :D
Toyota D4D Prado 150
Trackabout Dakar Extenda -Sold
AOR Quantum Plus on order.

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »
My Goodness I have to laugh sometimes.  It is 0545 hrs here at the moment, and I have had to sign some papers.
A couple of the questions that I had to answer:-
Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander Descent ?............I answered "I Live in Mulan Aboriginal Community, I am a black fella, so I guess I am as Australian as anyone else".
Are you an Aiustralian Citizen ?....My answer "Yes, I became an Australian Citizen in 1978, but I was born in Australia in 1959".
What is your preferred Language ?........I answered "My normal language is Walmajarri, but considering you Government officials don't speak actual Australian languages other than English, we can communicate in English".

After all that garbage, I have made my decision.  The Federal Election and my wife's birthday fall on the same day, and I know which is more important, my wife will hve a damned good birthday, and we will vote for Pauline Hanson, at lest she keeps it interesting.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Good morning Tjupurula,
I have tears running down my cheeks and my ribs hurts after reading you last reply.
You have to wonder how smart them blikes are that write these forms and send them out.
I hope you have a fantastic day mate.
Cheers.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
Good morning Tjupurula,
I have tears running down my cheeks and my ribs hurts after reading you last reply.
You have to wonder how smart them blikes are that write these forms and send them out.
I hope you have a fantastic day mate.
Cheers.

I do not know how I hurt your ribs Hars, but you have my apologies for that.
Tjupurla

crackacoldie

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
My Goodness I have to laugh sometimes.  It is 0545 hrs here at the moment, and I have had to sign some papers.
Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander Descent ?............I answered "I Live in Mulan Aboriginal Community, I am a black fella, so I guess I am as Australian as anyone else".
Are you an Aiustralian Citizen ?....My answer "Yes, I became an Australian Citizen in 1978, but I was born in Australia in 1959".
What is your preferred Language ?........I answered "My normal language is Walmajarri, but considering you Government officials don't speak actual Australian languages other than English, we can communicate in English".

After all that garbage, I have made my decision.  The Federal Election and my wife's birthday fall on the same day, and I know which is more important, my wife will hve a damned good birthday, and we will vote for Pauline Hanson, at lest she keeps it interesting.
Regards
Tjupurula

That is Gold Tjupurula :cup:, just proves what an awesome sense of humour you have.  Have a great day and hope all the test work out well.

Cracka

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
I do not know how I hurt your ribs Hairs, but you have my apologies for that.
Tjupurla
:laugh:
There is No need for an apology, You made my morning with that reply.
Thank you.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »
You mean you wouldn't wish this place on a bunch of Swaggers......no alcohol and the nearest full strength alcohol being Broome or Kununurra, they'd have the shakes for days ;D
Tjupurula

I though what a great place for a meet then i read the above post about no booze
I am out
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline gclan

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Misadventure 4wd
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »

Regards
Tjupurula
Love it! You made my day too :cup:
Django - 2009 Land Rover Defender 110 SVX
Marvin - Land Rover Discovery 4
Black Betty - 2007 Range Rover Sport
Bamm Bamm - 2009 Mountain Trail Extended Expedition

Misadventure 4WD http://www.youtube.com/user/JamieOGilmore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misadventure-4WD-TV/243025632464631

Offline redrocker

• Swag User
  • Wanting to see Oz in a soft floor camper
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
Mate thats awsome the spirits are looking over you and you sence of humour has not given up either

best of luck with everything

Redrocker
Redrock Extream offroad soft floor
 04  Nissan Pathfinder Ti

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »
Blimey they flew me to Kununurra, put a wire somewhere I will not discuss on line, right through into my heart, and told me that things should be okay for now.  Then flew me back.  It is so damned wierd looking at the insides of your own heart whilst awake and laying down.  The worst part is going to be when the hair grows back, that is going to get itchy.  Back next month for elective surgery I hope, I first thought they said something else (erective) and I told them they could start without me because I would not be there.  When I told them what I thought they had said, they all cracked up laughing....they should have been of my side of things when I thought I had head what I thought I had heard.
Apparently they are none too happy with the answers I put on their form.  The had addressed to Mr Tjupurula, but there was a line which said Sex, and had a M and F box to tick, so I did not tick either, I simply wrote, "No thanks, I am married".
Regards
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:20:17 AM by Tjupurula »

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
Apparently they are none too happy with the answers I put on their form.  The had addressed to Mr Tjupurula, but there was a line which said Sex, and had a M and F box to tick, so I did not tick either, I simply wrote, "No thanks, I am married".
Regards
Tjupurula

Some people just don't have a sense of humor, I'm glad you do!  ;D
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
Thats the Go ,, your answers dont have to make sence to you ,, but it will stuff up some seat warming pencl jockey .
 When ever l am in hospital & asked what religion l am , l tell they  " Put me down for what ever your short of  " That stuffs them up Big Time  .  >:D
Some clown sits in a room with no windows , drinking too much coffie thinking up this crap   .

>:D                                                   :cheers: 
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »
Blimey the flew me to Kununurra, put a wire somewhere I will not discuss on line, right through into my heart, and told me that things should be okay for now. 
Regards
Tjupurula

Even better when they stick that tiny thin wire in your thigh next to your boys, up through your heart, and into the middle of ya melon, squirt a bit of black dye that stings like a bee had just stung you behind both eyes while ya head is wedged between the bed and a big black flat slab of stuff. And you get to watch that on a telly.
They are never to happy when I fill in the date section with the word "Itchy"

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
Actually, given that Kununurra is very much a predominantly black town, I was so surprised at how little the madical staff knew about Aboriginals.  We are very much male for male and female for female when it comes to medical things, and the had no idea what was wrong when I would not let a female nurse down "there" with a shaving razor.  I ended up doing it myself.
I have read somewhere that such people do something called a "cultural awareness" course, and I thought it meant to do with us fellas, but now I am not so sure.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline gclan

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Misadventure 4wd
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »
Glad your ticker is still working and that you're back home having a laugh :cup:

A loofah might help with the itching ;)
Django - 2009 Land Rover Defender 110 SVX
Marvin - Land Rover Discovery 4
Black Betty - 2007 Range Rover Sport
Bamm Bamm - 2009 Mountain Trail Extended Expedition

Misadventure 4WD http://www.youtube.com/user/JamieOGilmore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misadventure-4WD-TV/243025632464631

Offline GanG

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • NEDSA
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:19 PM »
I have read somewhere that such people do something called a "cultural awareness" course, and I thought it meant to do with us fellas, but now I am not so sure.

Tjupurula not all white fella's in healthcare get the whole mens and womens business concept........cultural awareness training only works if they listen.

I have often found that regardless of culture, black white or Arabic, speaking in general terms,  with adequate explanation and negotiation with the patient most of those sensitive issues can be worked around with some thought and tact. Its just getting folks to talk to their patients and discuss the issues that's the tricky bit.......most just want to be busy and get the job done, not realising the impact their impatience has.

Light travels faster than sound............that's why some folks may appear bright until they speak

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2013, 03:34:57 AM »
Tjupurula not all white fella's in healthcare get the whole mens and womens business concept........cultural awareness training only works if they listen.

I have often found that regardless of culture, black white or Arabic, speaking in general terms,  with adequate explanation and negotiation with the patient most of those sensitive issues can be worked around with some thought and tact. Its just getting folks to talk to their patients and discuss the issues that's the tricky bit.......most just want to be busy and get the job done, not realising the impact their impatience has.

Therein lays most of the problem GanG, as I do not accept professional people managing to "work around" cultural issues......the either accept how I am, and work with it, not around it, or they have nothing to do with me.  I am extremely proud to be from one of the oldest continual cultures in the world, and I bend for noone. 
The reason that I have start threads is to allow people to have a basic understanding.  I am not expecting people to suddenly know the ways of the black fella, as we are born into our ways, and live in them our entire lives.  Elders do not get any form of status until become at least about middle aged (to use white terms).  Now I am sounding racist against white people.....be careful or I will paint you with shoe polish and call you family (only kidding).
If one of these professionals has no patience and just tries to "get the job done", I will tell them to get lost, as I did in Kununurra and do what is required myself.  I guess the best kind of "cultural awareness" is to simply acknowledge that someone is a cultural person, no matter their background or nationality, and accept that such is how it is.  I have two cousins, who are tribal men, and by choice they practice the Christian faith, one of them has a 27 yo daughter who is a practising Muslim, and they all get along perfectly.  Why ?  Because they acknowledge that each other has their own beliefs, and by the way, they all STILL make sure their children and grandchildren learn correct tribal ways, not the ways of their beliefs.  I reckon it is fantastic.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2013, 04:53:37 AM »
If he is only a half black fella, what is the other half, I just had this image of someone standing up, with a line from head to toe, one side black and the other something else.  Goodness my mind goes silly sometimes.
Regards
Tjupurula

You mean like this guy? ;D
Two Faces Small | Large

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »
A loofah might help with the itching ;)

What,,,,, a loofah bread or a shoe?
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.