Author Topic: NSW - Drivers and Cyclists - New laws March 2016  (Read 81923 times)

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NSW - Drivers and Cyclists - New laws March 2016
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »
Carp......
what if DUI lycra terrorist trips up over his locked in foot clips and falls infront of said driver, who is at the 1.5m gap and traveling within the law, thus causes a vehicle accident and then scarpers. What recourse is the for the CAUSE of the accident. No rego to report etc.

Please tell me you don't actually have a vehicle license.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
HELP!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

scrapsD40

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

HELP!

delivered to your door by bike courier

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2016, 04:11:20 PM »
Please tell me you don't actually have a vehicle license.

Yes I do......... >:D
AND I do have a mountain bike however, I do not ride on the road as I'm not one to impede the progress of vehicles like most of the ignorant lyca terrorists whom like to think it's their god given right to break the law at every given opportunity.
I ride designated trails designed for mountain biking where the lycra terrorists should stick to their designated area...........the velodrome  ;D :-*
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
Yeah. great.

It is also just an opinion which we all have.

Your inability to work out beside from behind is still a big worry.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
Don't think so sunshine......

passing said DUI mamil, by the regulation 1.5m when the opportunity appears, and said lycra terrorist tumbles within vision of the vehicle driver but BEFORE the pass is completed say 10-20m..........

Ain't rocket science or are you implying that as a vehicle driver, we're not allowed to pass a cyclist.......
Hope you're not a lycra terrorist, as your confusion is a real worry if you're attempting to cycle with vehicles  :D ;D
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »
Another Cyclists vs Car Drivers argument
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
Cool, fight behind the toilets at 3 o clock.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »
Need a proper tongue in cheek icon......to follow my posts.......sheesh..... :P :P

time

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:27:21 PM by time »

Offline stabicraft

• Tent User
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
I still find it comical how these Lycra clad loonies feel the need to don microcloth outfits advertising all manner of products that will in now way support them.
They possibly believe in their tiny little minds that they somehow resemble the actual cyclists.

Bad news....The majority of Lycra clad loonies should be charged with assulting the senses of the population or perhaps even obceen exposure of their seriously disfigured bodies.

Why not wear something that might actually have some small protective merit, so that when you fall, not if because the 2mm diameter tyres, (totally unsuitable for the goat tracks we laughingly call roads) will burst and generally result in a spectacular and very funny fall.
I also like the way the esky lids they wear disassemble themselves on impact, helmets that because of the lobbying of cyclists sick of being laughed at all the time, forced on normal human beings.

And the funniest thing of them all;
They pay several thousand dollars for these mechanical tooth pics, someone is having a real laugh at this baby.

Oh, and by the way I too ride, off the road on an old Malvern star bike.
No way Im hitting the bitumen with all the losers on the road without some serious metal around me.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2016, 06:10:15 PM »

No way Im hitting the bitumen with all the losers on the road without some serious metal around me.

And why no matter what the cyclists think, it is only a matter of time, and law of averages, that they will have an accident..

If they think it only means we educate the car drivers on the road rules regarding cyclists, then for the last 50 years it hasn't worked for other car drivers, so why would it work for the cyclists ??

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
And why no matter what the cyclists think, it is only a matter of time, and law of averages, that they will have an accident..

If they think it only means we educate the car drivers on the road rules regarding cyclists, then for the last 50 years it hasn't worked for other car drivers, so why would it work for the cyclists ??

It must those 'unique Australian conditions. Works for millions of Europeans, Asians, Chinese and Indians

By the law of averages every Australian driver will have an accident eventually
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
Oh dear god, why did I get into this thread. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill.

The majority of cyclists are law abiding, going about their business. The majority of motorists are law abiding, going about their business.

Lycra wearing cyclists who flout the law and ride like they own the planet are not the majority, just like rat bag drivers with huge alloy wheels and a heavy right foot are not the majority.

It's probably a case of most of the law abiding cyclists haven't even been seen by the motorists that get so upset at the Lycra clad stereotyped agro cyclist.

If it wasn't dark, I'd probably go for a ride now, need some fresh air. ;D

Offline liquid

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »
It must those 'unique Australian conditions. Works for millions of Europeans, Asians, Chinese and Indians

You wanna bet.....all those countries have huge numbers of pushy accidents.....only diff is if they live, they don't complain.....cause it wouldn't do any good anyway !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 09:06:23 PM »

You wanna bet.....all those countries have huge numbers of pushy accidents.....only diff is if they live, they don't complain.....cause it wouldn't do any good anyway !!

Cyclists accounts for less than 3% of all road fatalities in Australia. 85% of those accidents involve another vehicle

25% of all crashes occur when vehicles are approaching from a perpendicular direction

Only 6% involve being hit from the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

by the law of averages it's only a matter of time before a car driver has an accident.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
Cyclists accounts for less than 3% of all road fatalities in Australia. 85% of those accidents involve another vehicle

25% of all crashes occur when vehicles are approaching from a perpendicular direction

Only 6% involve being hit from the rear

How many drunk ones in cleats diving in front of 4bys?
Have an emoticon  :cheers:

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2016, 09:40:57 PM »

Yup  lets blame the bike rider:
Police statistics show that 4/5 crashes (80%) between cars and bicycles are caused by the driver of the car.http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/four-in-every-five-crashes-between-cars-and-bicycles-caused-by-driver-of-car/story-e6frea83-1226581475412

There were 1,156 road deaths in 2014, 152 were pedestrians (13%), 45 were cyclists (1.2%). But by all means lets blame the cyclists and not demand Pedestrians carry ID or have Insurance or rego.. Because, you know they only account for 10 times more deaths than a cyclist and only 13% of all road fatalities.   https://bitre.gov.au/publications/ongoing/road_deaths_australia_annual_summaries.aspx

Accident between cyclist and the car is covered by Greenslip. Accident involving cyclist only, they have to pay for (most cyclists have cars so pay Greenslip anyway).

I find all these arguments are so stupid.

Tell me a story of an idiot cyclist and I'll tell you an equivalent story of an idiot motorist
Tell me a story of an idiot motorist and I'll tell you a story of an idiot cyclist.

Cyclists need to display registration plates to be held accountable? How many times have you seen a motorist break the law and reported them via their rego?
How many of those demanding cyclists display a rego plate are the same ones complaining about speed cameras/redlight cameras being purely revenue raisers and not about safety?

Rego doesn't pay for roads, Taxes do. Most bike riders already own a car, so have 'paid' for the 'right' to use the roads (and paid rego and greenslip). Rego was originally designed to be based on weight and  to be paid for damages to road (Still is the case in NSW), An 8kg bike does no damage to the network. My 2.9T GVM Prado pays $63 Rego in NSW. So thats $0.02 per kg.  Therfore My 8 kg road bike should pay $0.17 rego to pay for the damage to the road? ($1.30 if you include motor vehicle tax) Revenue won't cover costs, but we're happy to have the Government waste more money?

I'll pay my $1.30 but will you give me the space I deserve to stay alivce?

No other country in the world requires rego from cyclists or displaying a license - why is Australia so special?  Including the Netherlands where bike deaths are around 25% of all road fatalities? What makes Australia different? Should horse riders also pay rego?

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »

Sweet FA on both sides

Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was unknown for 93 of the 222 cyclists killed but in nearly 90 per cent of the cases where it was known, BAC was found to be zero. Only 15 of the 222 cyclists were tested for drugs and the results for 14 of these were positive – this is likely to reflect the circumstances of the 15,  rather than the drugs prevalence among the 222

Of the 202 motor vehicle drivers involved in crashes in which a cyclist was killed, 130 were tested for alcohol and in most cases (119) BAC was found to be  zero. Most were not tested for drugs but a few tested positive.

https://bitre.gov.au/publications/ongoing/road_deaths_australia_annual_summaries.aspx

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2016, 09:50:49 PM »

I'm sure we could find a case where one time, on a Monday, in a month with a vowel in it, when Neptune was ascendant, someone, somewhere, was drunk and caused an accident

The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
It is good to see people are at least talking about the new NSW laws for cyclist. 

Oh and Bird, thanks for the photos of popcorn and beverages, but please remember so here are also dieting. 8)
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2016, 10:44:12 PM »
Be a bit patient, Ride and  drive to the limits of the rules and regulations  put on us and do the right thing when out and about on the roads ..
If that dont work well enough Im fitting a smaller version of this to wake idiots [ both drivers and riders ] up a bit ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rmBwCR1HVg   ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »

Including the Netherlands where bike deaths are around 25% of all road fatalities? What makes Australia different?

Umm ???  Doesn't seem to work for some of those Europeans eh ??
You're fighting back with stats that say Australia has very low fatalities for pushies, so what is the whole argument about then ? Keep riding on the road and when you get hit, it will most likely not kill you....but it will still hurt !!  ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra