Author Topic: A quick wrap for the Projecta and B.E.S.T Filter guys  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
A quick wrap for the Projecta and B.E.S.T Filter guys
« on: May 29, 2015, 08:39:39 PM »
Oops, haven't posted for a while but still drop in for a quick look from time to time.

Anyway, just wanted to give a wrap for some good service.

First the Best filter guys, I ordered one of there filters online at about 10:30 pm and it arrived at work by 11:00 am the next morning! Only Gold coast to Bríssy but still to have picked and packed the order in that time was impressive. Also as I am fitting it inside the van as opposed to the filler hose I just mentioned in the order that it would be a great idea if they sold the standard John Guest fittings for caravans and in the bag they had taped two fittings to the filter packaging and marked them on the invoice as 100% discount. These are usually priced up to about $6 each retail. On top of that the two stubby coolers they use as packaging for the filter was a great touch.
On the down side I originally thought their postage rate was a bit high but that was soon forgotten when it arrived the next day.

Onto the Projecta IC-2500 power supply/charger.
This unit died two years into service, pretty much just in time for the warranty to end. I thought what the heck I will give them a call. Now the unit was supplied as part of the van package so no receipt was supplied. I explained that to the warranty guy, he asked a few tech questions and said yep she's buggered. Where do you want me to send the new one to. No send it back and we will check it, no send us a copy of the delivery docket on the van for proof of date or purchase. Easy as and how a warranty should be. Arrived two days later by courier.

The Projecta has been working well and I have put it down to a surge when plugging the van back into power, I will turn the unit off in future or even just trip the earth leakage button so it turns everything off when we disconnect from power in future.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: A quick wrap for the Projecta and B.E.S.T Filter guys
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
Yeah, Col at BEST is spot on with service! I too have a couple of stubbie holders ;D
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎