Author Topic: G'day from Bendigo  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
G'day from Bendigo
« on: September 28, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »
Like lots of people, we started out camping using canvas cabin style tents, and then progressed to dome tents. After a trip down the east coast of Tasmania in 2003 when the drought there was well and truly broken, we moved up to a soft floor camper. We've had the Sturt from Outback Campers for a little over 12 years now and whilst it has been great, I'm pretty much over the setup and pack up required. The kids are all grown up too, so we don't need the extra room any more.

I've been looking at a few options and getting ideas (including a bit of lurking in here) and had thought a forward fold hard floor might suit our needs. After watching a few videos I'm not convinced the setup time would be a lot less than our soft floor. I then came across National Campers down in Little River near Geelong. They do a hybrid camper called the Hermit which is basically a simple pop top van with a bed and some storage inside and a slide out Drifta kitchen which comes out of the side from under the bed.

After seeing the Hermit on their web page I came across one second hand which has been made a couple of feet longer and has a slide out pantry as well as the Drifta kitchen. We will be picking it up in a couple of weeks and I will post some photos then. Looking forward to doing a bit of touring with it and sharing some trip stories here.

Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

KingBilly

Re: G'day from Bendigo
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  I will have to have a look at the Hermit.  Look forward to seeing some photos when you pick it up.

Happy camping
KB

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: G'day from Bendigo
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:08:11 AM »
G'day and welcome mate.

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline Rob C