Author Topic: selling vehicle process  (Read 10151 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: selling vehicle process
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »
^^^^ Probably less to do with laundering and more to do with tax avoidance I suspect.
I sold a motorbike a few years back & at the time I was in Brisbane, purchaser was also from Brisbane & we negotiated the deal over the phone, site unseen.
He agreed to buy & said he would fly in on Saturday to make the deal. We were flying home on the Saturday, on different flights, so met at airport in Mackay.
I arranged for son to collect us all from airport.
Now my son is a mean looking dude (think tats, big & muscled) & as we're driving home he looks across & "I'm trusting, in a car with people I don't know, carrying a large some of cash, in a town I don't live in & going past cane paddocks with little or no phone reception"
I just looked across & said "don't worry, it'll be painless"
The look on his face ...........

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »
Tax avoidance now that’s a topic on its own 😂
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
Look at India to see how they have killed cash transaction . Same will happen here, already some talk of the elusive $100 bill going out of circulation.

Won’t have to worry soon, we will be able to trade in bitcoin  ;D there’ll be nothing dodgy then  :laugh:
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »
Will be interesting with the new Pay ID coming in, is said to be a pretty much an instant transfer between accounts so should theoretically be able to rock up to someone's house, transfer the money on your phone and do the paperwork all at the same time.

My biggest issue with bank cheques is that whilst I know exactly what cash should look like, I have no idea what every bank/credit unions individual bank cheques should look like, and even if I did I suspect they would be far easier to counterfeit than cash would.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:15:38 PM by tryagain »

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »
So here i am on a Friday night with 16k in a house given to me by a stranger that knew where i lived. Lets just say i spent 2 hours stashing it in the most epic hiding spot ever gong to bed at 2am waking up at every noise and making sure the dog was not fed so he was cranky as

I arranged to drop the cash at a mates place (one I could trust with $40K), and made sure I let the buyer know the cash wouldn't be at my place through casual conversation. As it turns out didn't need to do it as he turned up with bank cheque but no way would I keep that amount of cash in the house with some random knowing about it.
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »
My biggest issue with bank cheques is that whilst I know exactly what cash should look like, I have no idea what every bank/credit unions individual bank cheques should look like, and even if I did I suspect they would be far easier to counterfeit than cash would.

That's my issue with bank cheques. Just sold my car and the buyer did a bank transfer on Monday, once it cleared I let him know and he picked it up last night. Nice, easy and safe.
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 06:42:15 AM »
Payid would be the way to go now
You don't give someone your confidential bank details and is instant move money from my account to sons different banks using payid and was instant not the overnight delay it was for EFT but i like that you don't give your BSB and account details out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪