Author Topic: NRL Season 2017  (Read 61396 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NRL Season 2017
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »
Oh  how i wish that where true.
Unfortunately, it looks like it is just a rumor.... https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/listen-live-games-triple-m-is-calling

I actually think this year was Queensland's chance to blood some young talent and prepare for the sad future.
It won't be too long before there's no more core players like Thurston, Thaiday, Smith or Slater to build a team around.

Besides after winning 10 out of the last 11, if we don't let them win one series soon they're going to give up on it all together.
We all know how much those southerners hate having to work hard for things....  ;D

maybe not...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/whats-the-buzz-roy-slaven-and-hg-nelson-will-return-to-origin-commentary-in-2017/news-story/845472ae2e46e8ece834555ea358e703

possibly a bit of a team rebuild if we lose the first game by a bunch...

if we lose and it's close, they will probably stick with the same team to give them a chance at redemption...

if we go down 2-0, then i suspect a changing of the guard will be coming...

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »
If NSW can't win this series they should give up...no Scott, Thurston or Inglis, and apparently we don't need an attacking player like Slater in the team either....I can see a Roach victory in the making sadly.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »
 ;D

A bride on her wedding night says to her husband "I must confess darling, I was a hooker!".He says "That"s alright, dear. Your past is your past, but I must admit that I find it quite erotic. Tell me about it".She replies "Well, my name was Cameron, and I played for QLD!".
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
If NSW can't win this series they should give up...no Scott, Thurston or Inglis, and apparently we don't need an attacking player like Slater in the team either....I can see a Roach victory in the making sadly.
I'm a West Aussie whos been following NRL for the last decade, ever since the AFL turned into a Nancies game.
Rumpig is 100% correct with his assessment of the Qld side. If NSW cant win this series, and they should do it comfortably, they should give up.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »
I'm a West Aussie whos been following NRL for the last decade, ever since the AFL turned into a Nancies game.
Rumpig is 100% correct with his assessment of the Qld side. If NSW cant win this series, and they should do it comfortably, they should give up.

I must be looking at a different team sheet to you folk. My sheet shows that Qld has a bloke playing in 9 who has played 40 SOG 50 tests, 300 club games. A no 7 who directs a team around better than most others. A no 1 who was player of the series last year. They have a forward pack worthy of origin success, and 2 wingers that can dance down the touch line.
For anyone to suggest that the Blues are a certainty at Suncorp are living a fantasy.
I hope you are right!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »
A pretty soft try there...the big NSW forwards will get the offloads going all night (it's what they have been doing well in the NRL this season) and they'll run Qld ragged. I predicted this on another forum a week ago, the halves who have been ordinary in past years should have a field day on the back of that.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Another pretty soft try to NSW...Qld opened up big time down the middle then.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »

Scott who ??   Inglis is over the hill, and of course injured and may even retire......yep, they'll miss Thurston. But Qld still have a pretty handy pack.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
Scott who ??   Inglis is over the hill, and of course injured and may even retire......yep, they'll miss Thurston. But Qld still have a pretty handy pack.
Matt Scott is one of the best forwards in the game and Inglis is a freak...the guy might not be as consistent as Thurston, but he can turn a game with one freakish break or act he does. I predicted elsewhere NSW will whitewash this series, looking like my prediction is off to a good start I reckon. What's been funny has been reading NSW fans on various forums carry on like they have little chance of winning, when in reality they are odds on favourites this year.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:25:10 PM by Rumpig »

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
Game 1 NSW ...all over red rover

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »
To be co captain with JT, sort of says it all.

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
Did Qld swap players at half time?  What happened to them, and what with a short kick off by SMITH!  They are so bad it is embarrassing.  Yep, I think NSW will win this year.   They are playing a good game and deserve the win tonight.  Kevin :'(
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
Pretty pumped with that & am happy to be proved wrong about the squad.
As for the game, it was great to see a high quality game with none of that niggly Shit that the grubby players normally come out with.
For a guy that's getting turned off by rugby league, that was good stuff

Offline grantxx

• Tent User
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »
bugger - Blues earnt that one, first half was great - 2nd half I think QLD were spent, oh well 2 to go - decider up here

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »
Pretty pumped with that & am happy to be proved wrong about the squad.
As for the game, it was great to see a high quality game with none of that niggly Shit that the grubby players normally come out with.
For a guy that's getting turned off by rugby league, that was good stuff

It will be interesting if any thing comes of the eye gouge by N Myles on Hayne early in 1st half when he played the ball, not needed in this or any game. Kind of slip by many however Hayne did appeal to ref after playing ball
Link
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/watch-myles-eye-gouges-hayne/1th55cq56c5wi10m0rh6a5fwmd
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:35:46 PM by rags »

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2017, 06:52:07 AM »

Matt Scott, I believe...

our pack was dominated last night.  Fifita showed what type of forwards you need in the modern game:  great footwork and a handy offload...

Josh McGuire is a bit of a myth at origin level at the moment... he was supposed to be Corey Parker 2.0, but he doesn't have the offloading skill that Parker had...

Myles is done.  gets through tackling work, but offers nothing else.  Guerra and Lillyman try hard, but they are done as well...

most of our backs, especially Gagai and Oates, were tremendous... O'Neill was given a bath by Hayne & Morris...

Milford showed glimpses of what he could do, and with a dominating pack, he would be extremely dangerous...

we missed JT's kicking game terribly.  Cronk was under pressure every time he kicked...

i suspect big changes coming for game 2.  my predictions below...  ;D

OUT
Guerra, Lillyman, Myles, O'Neill

IN
Slater, Hess, Wallace, Lawrence

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »
i suspect big changes coming for game 2.  my predictions below...  ;D

OUT
Guerra, Lillyman, Myles, O'Neill

IN
Slater, Hess, Wallace, Lawrence

or this one maybe, if they choose to still omit Slater and they deem Lawrence too old...

Start:   Boyd, Oates, Chambers, Gagai, Holmes, JT, Cronk, Napa, Smith, Papalii, Thaiday, Gillett, McGuire
Bench: Morgan, Hess, Wallace, Sims

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
Looks like we could be in trouble.....
It's only taken them 21 years to work it out, but NSW might have finally realized that you need to have a 'team' to win an origin series.

http://abc.net.au/news/2017-06-12/blues-name-unchanged-lineup-for-origin-ii/8611150

Personally I loved they way they chopped and changed their line up after every game. QLD always stuck with their core team, while it was not unusual for NSW to have completely different halfs combinations for every single game. Then proceed to rip their team apart again after they lost another series.
Here's hoping they can now start being a decent opponent for the dominant Queenslanders after a decade or more of mediocrity.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2017, 10:28:34 PM »
Stoked to be proven wrong tonight...i didn't think that Qld were a chance of winning, but they show a hunger that had them dominate the Roaches in the first half. Great way to send a few Qld legends out tonight, just a matter of how many that turns out to be now

QUEENSLANDER!!!

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »
Class act Qld :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
Class act Qld :cup:

:cheers:
^^^^^^ What he said.
Bloody good win from a bloody great team.
As a Storm supporter was pretty proud of Munsters debut.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline patroldude

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2000 GU 4.2TD
227-RWHP 662-RWNM
UFI-20G, DC6 250 HP
CC Ultimate Intercooler
Fatz 4 Inch Snorkel & Air Box 
2011 TVAN Murranji Mk111 ):

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
Quote from: macca
As a Storm supporter was pretty proud of Munsters debut.
he looked like a seasoned player.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »
Pretty ordinary performance from NSW.....couldn't even beat the Storm !! And another couple of Qld players !!

Gagai had another good game.....him and Darius Boyd couldn't rub two sticks together at the Knights, but look how they go at Brisbane and Qld !!

People talk about Thurston, Inglis, Cronk etc....but Qld's biggest playmaker is Cameron Smith. I just hope he retires soon so NSW can have a chance !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2017, 06:33:44 PM »
Pretty ordinary performance from NSW.....couldn't even beat the Storm !! And another couple of Qld players !!

Gagai had another good game.....him and Darius Boyd couldn't rub two sticks together at the Knights, but look how they go at Brisbane and Qld !!

People talk about Thurston, Inglis, Cronk etc....but Qld's biggest playmaker is Cameron Smith. I just hope he retires soon so NSW can have a chance !!

the playmakers (cronk, JT, munster) are better when smith is running from dummy half... that's what killed NSW in the first 20 minutes...