Author Topic: AFL Season 2017  (Read 98151 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: AFL Season 2017
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »
Quote from: GeoffA
Greene knew where Dahlhaus was....IMO....

why else would his boot have gone out!?

Big season for retirements.. Another true champ hanging em up
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-bob-murphy-announces-afl-retirement-20170815-gxwc65.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »
That's season over for the Doggys....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »
Well nobody will be getting 9 this week...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
WTF?

A footballer in Queensland has been banned for 20 years after kicking an opposition player in the head during the semi-final between the Ipswich Eagles and Redcliffe Tigers in Ipswich.

The vision above shows an Ipswich player kick a helpless Redcliffe player in the head while he is lying on the ground. Tigers’ vice president Steve Brown told Quest Newspapers on Wednesday the player was concussed and still recovering from the incident.

Brown applauded the way in which the Tigers players reacted to the incident, and suggested it was great team spirit given they all checked up on their injured teammate.

“The player from the opposition … just kicked him in the head,” Brown said.

“Normally when something like that happens a fight breaks out but the players all rushed to check on their teammate. It was great team spirit.”

A spokesman for AFL Queensland said the player was reported on-field by the umpires, with the matter referred straight to the Tribunal.

“The reported player was immediately sent from the field under the red card system,” the spokesman said.

https://www.zerohanger.com/local-footballer-banned-20-years-15113/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »
Ex rugby player! Has to be

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: BTMNDR

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »

Hi,
     Ros Kelly also blew huge grants.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: 03GV

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
Should be a great game tonight with 5 big names retiring..

lookin forward to the telecast and them beating Shit out of each other :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »
Did anyone else rub one out when toby green got smashed in the back just now???? Karma LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahhahhahahahahahahahhaahha
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Hahahaha suffer to him

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
What a raging success story ALF is in Qld...Lions win the spoon, and Suns running 3rd last...lol
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
Yes but do you remember when the lions were up the top for a long time? Thats just how the game rolls

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
What a raging success story ALF is in Qld...Lions win the spoon, and Suns running 3rd last...lol

Nobody has succeeded on the cold ghost.. diveball, nrl, union, basketball... none of em.

Personally I think there are too many teams for the amount of top players around.. no point having 18 teams if only 15 are ever competitive.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
Yes but do you remember when the lions were up the top for a long time? Thats just how the game rolls

on the back of all the concessions they got to try and win ground support in Qld...now that has ended look where the team has been the last how many years.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2017, 11:07:40 PM »
on the back of all the concessions they got to try and win ground support in Qld...now that has ended look where the team has been the last how many years.
theres no doubt that GC has been a failure.. but you find most interstate fans are fair weather fans.. if their team wins, they are behind them and all experts... like Sydney people.. Bne people were like that when the Lions were handed their trophies after so many years of fail... Same will happen again in 20 yrs when the Lions are competitive again, the fans will be waving flags, and all experts, 'never in doubt' and 'been behind them all the way'...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »
theres no doubt that GC has been a failure.. but you find most interstate fans are fair weather fans.. if their team wins, they are behind them and all experts... like Sydney people.. Bne people were like that when the Lions were handed their trophies after so many years of fail... Same will happen again in 20 yrs when the Lions are competitive again, the fans will be waving flags, and all experts, 'never in doubt' and 'been behind them all the way'...
i actually dhon't follow the game myself other then seeing some results in the nightly and morning news and none of my mates are fans of the game either, just find it funny that the ALF ploughed all the money into the game trying to steal supporters from league up here, and look where the 2 Qld teams are running. The game was always a 3rd runner to league and union up here, and now soccor is probably getting more popular then AFL and Union here...they need to lose atleast one Qld team, but need to leave one playing so all the Mexicans that have moved up here have something to attend to support their old home clubs.

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
i actually dhon't follow the game myself other then seeing some results in the nightly and morning news and none of my mates are fans of the game either, just find it funny that the ALF ploughed all the money into the game trying to steal supporters from league up here, and look where the 2 Qld teams are running. The game was always a 3rd runner to league and union up here, and now soccor is probably getting more popular then AFL and Union here...they need to lose atleast one Qld team, but need to leave one playing so all the Mexicans that have moved up here have something to attend to support their old home clubs.
When i was up there recently, 80% of the supporters followed the interstate team, saying that, it is popular enougg in qld, its just your qld teams are Shit. Yes its not as popular as thugby up there, but it is an australian sport that is played over the whole country, unlike your beloved nrl.
It will in time be more appreciated up there, once (if) those teams pick up their game.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »
When i was up there recently, 80% of the supporters followed the interstate team, saying that, it is popular enougg in qld, its just your qld teams are Shit. Yes its not as popular as thugby up there, but it is an australian sport that is played over the whole country, unlike your beloved nrl.
It will in time be more appreciated up there, once (if) those teams pick up their game.

having lived in Brisbane all my life i have a pretty good idea of just how many supporters the game has here.....yes it has some supporters (most are blow ins escaping Shit weather from Southern states as you say), but it's never going to be "appreciated" like you Mexican lot think it will be. The only people i know whose kids play ALF here have their daughters playing the game, it's not a sport that will grow it's own junior supporter base which is what a sport needs to succeed like you talk about. If the team's improve you will likely get people jumping on the supporter band wagon, but the minute they start losing those people will abandon the game straight away (evident the past 5 years)...that's not "appreciating" the game at all.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »
It's like the Crusades.....converting Muslims to Christianity.....seemed like a good idea at the time.....

:cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2017, 08:14:33 AM »
having lived in Brisbane all my life i have a pretty good idea of just how many supporters the game has here.....yes it has some supporters (most are blow ins escaping Shit weather from Southern states as you say), but it's never going to be "appreciated" like you Mexican lot think it will be. The only people i know whose kids play ALF here have their daughters playing the game, it's not a sport that will grow it's own junior supporter base which is what a sport needs to succeed like you talk about. If the team's improve you will likely get people jumping on the supporter band wagon, but the minute they start losing those people will abandon the game straight away (evident the past 5 years)...that's not "appreciating" the game at all.
Yeah completely understand. We have just relocated to rugby country, and my kids play Afl, so i am involved in the club! Now we have recruited quite a few kids, that absolutely love playing, the get to see more if the ball and use the whole field, but they still have no idea about it because its rugby/soccer or nothing here. Parents are happy for the kids to play it and see how much they enjoy it, but because the parents don't know the game they show little interest. Its exactly the same with rugby in other states. Would good when both sports are recognised all over this country. 

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2017, 08:43:41 AM »
What both sports need to realise is, they will never be what they want them to be over all the state's. Once Melbourne Storm start languishing down the bottom of the ladder, what little supporter base it has will quickly disappear (though i do hope they win the NRL this year)....Victoria always will be an ALF state, just as Qld will always be a NRL state. NRL should have stayed in WA, it had a chance of getting a foot hold over there, but that horse may have bolted now (maybe with the Force being punted the chance is still there). AFL should lose the Suns and have a team in Tassie or NT, both states will always be AFL state's and the game will thrive there IMO.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
AFL should lose the Suns and have a team in Tassie or NT,
I always thought Tassie was a given...
but now I'm not so sure .. again I don't think there is enough top level players to have every team competitive in 1 season.. it just seems lilke a round robin where teams are competitive for a couple of years ever 5-10 yrs..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2017, 06:36:19 PM »
you'll be crying if your a demons fan... season over.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »
its a great day for every other team in the competition :D :D :D

"Nathan Buckley will stay on as Collingwood coach, with the club set to announce it has re-signed him on a two-year deal."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-resign-nathan-buckley-as-coach-20170827-gy5d74.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Big Damo