Author Topic: Some memorable moments !!  (Read 2885 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Some memorable moments !!
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
There were some great moments on the trip. These are some I can remember.

Having a go Award !!
Goes to Amy ( Amy and Glenn ) for tackling most of the OTL.Great driving and getting through unscathed. Well done Amy.   :cup:

Percerverance Award!!
Goes to Paul and Maria for the hardships endured and the never giving up attitude. Everyone chipped in to help them enjoy the trip.  :cup:

Finding a lost Family Award !!
Goes to Matt ( The Photgrapher ) who finally meet his long lost father ( Bert ). Father and son still trying to find common ground. But enduring normal trials and tribulations as most families do.  :cup:

Unlucky Award !!
Goes to Tim and Sharon who after loosing their back window on the Pajero had their camper written off just north of the ferry. Their spirits were not broken and they continued to enjoy the trip. Well done guys.  :cup:

The Holy Crap Award!!
Goes to Chis J in the Ocka when approaching Cannibal Creek he dropped a wheel in a the drop off and near nearly tipped the Ocka over but it slipped back and he regained control. J.K nearly had a heart attack as did most people watching. Amy was behind him and she went white as a sheet as she was next at the drop off. :cup:

Getting Stuck Award !!
Goes to Jo ( Blackcat ) and Janelle ( BJF ) who drove Ducie Creek and the track out of the crossing was a little hairy and Jo got stuck while Janelle had to take another track out and got stuck. Yes girls it was my fault as I forgot to tell you about the exit but it was good to watch.  ;D. They were pulled out and back on their way.

The Bargain / Wasted  Award !!
Goes to Bert who at Archer River bought a camper and a complete family for $3000 thanks to consulting a bottle of something. There was concern the next morning when after continuous prompting there was no activity from him. At one stage members had shovels ready in case a large hole was needed but he did show signs of life finally. He even made sure he would never lose his keys rolling his swag up with them inside and then packing the swag away and then having to unpack everything to find his keys.  :cup:

Getting Stuck Award !!
Yes it goes to me when after being guided by Symon down Palm Creek got hung up on the rock thanks to my camper and had to be snatched by Duggie to get unstuck. Boy did I cop some ribbing for that. Naturally Symon did not guide me correctly.  :D

Nothing will Stop me Award !!
Goes to Sarah who we meet on the trip and her father Tony , now MySwag members, for tackling the whole OTL on a quad bike. Sarah is only 14. The best crossing was lagoon creek when she had to get the quad on 2 wheels to cross and was going well but veered left and headed towards J.K in the water who looked stunned as this quad bike was heading straight to him but he pushed the bike on an angle to help Sarah continue the crossing.  :cup:

The Duck to Water Award !!
Goes to Rod ( Rodsswag) who once we turned up at Nolan's Creek was straight in the water and hooking the snatch strap to all the vehicles so that Duggie could pull everyone one across. He should be in the synchronized swimming at the Olympics. Many thanks Rod you were fantastic going back and forth crawling under the cars hooking up the D-Shackle in the water.  :cup:

The Story Teller Award !!
This goes to Theo ( Jetcrew ) who always had everyone in stitches with his stories and jokes. Poor Lara, she was mentioned a number of times in the stories. Can't wait for the book to come out.  :cup:

Mark

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:09:56 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
Re: Some memorable moments !!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
Gold!! ;)

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline TroyE

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • you can't buy experience
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »
cool  :cheers:
you can't polish a turd, BUT you can roll it in glitter...

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »
Good stuff!!!!!...... Sounds like a good time!! :cup:
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Offroad 4x4 Accessories

• Tent User
Some memorable moments !!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »
The getting stuck award for Jo and janelle should be Jo and sharon but we will let janelle take it lol