Author Topic: Accommodation on the Trip.  (Read 2564 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Accommodation on the Trip.
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:52:39 AM »
Below is the list of accommodation on the trip...

I will advise further down the track when to book.

Lions Den Hotel;
There is powered and non powered grassed sites next to the swimming hole. There is a kids playground as well as an adults playground ( the pub).

http://www.lionsdenhotel.com.au/accommodation.php

Archer River;
We will have our own camping spot here away from the main stream campsite. There are showers and toilets where we setup. No power.

Dulhunty Creek;
Bush camping by a croc free creek safe for the kids. No power / or toilets bush camping. Depending on who else is there will depend on the camping spots. There are spots across the creek also.

Twin Falls;
As mentioned in a previous thread you now have to book campsites starting in Feb 2012. The  biggest problem is there are limited camper trailer sites and I cannot see this working as people will just turn up and camp. We camp at the line mans hut which is just near the turn off to twin falls which can fit about 6 campers or there are other sites nearby all close to canal creek for safe swimming. There are toilets at twin falls which is about a 5 min drive.

Jardine River;
Here we camp on the river but far enough away from the water. The Jardine is shallow and clear water. Bush camping only. This is the only river with crocs but very safe.

Seisa Beach Huts;

There are Ten huts on the beach which we will take over. Each hut has a sink, power and is undercover. The huts can accommodate 2 parties with campers set up at either end. Once exact numbers are in I will allocate a hut to each member and who they are sharing with. I will advise Seisa caravan park the list and they will take the bookings then. I will put families together and kid free members together. The 6B&S members are sectioned away from everyone. ;D

Mark

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:05:41 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
Re: Accommodation on the Trip.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:59:10 AM »
Hi Mark,
Looks great and I think that the Lions Den is a good spot for the first of the stop overs.
I will be doing the full trip with you this year, I wont have the old man ,(handbrake), with me. In saying that though he still raves about the trip he done this year. Turning 80 at the tip of Australia is and will always be the highlight of his life.
cheers duggie.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
Hi Mark,
Looks great and I think that the Lions Den is a good spot for the first of the stop overs.
I will be doing the full trip with you this year, I wont have the old man ,(handbrake), with me. In saying that though he still raves about the trip he done this year. Turning 80 at the tip of Australia is and will always be the highlight of his life.
cheers duggie.

Yes I thought the lions den would make a great 2 night stop over as it is still an easy drive into cook town.

Mark

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

Offline hen

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
Appreciate the work and fore thought that you have put in to this trip.
Jayne Hen

Offline bert56

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Mark do we have to book at the Lions Den ourselves or have you booked us all in?

I will need access to power for a few hours a day to charge my batteries.

Bert
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:51:42 AM by bert56 »

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
Mark do we have to book at the Lions Den ourselves or have you booked us all in?

I will need access to power for a few hours a day to charge my batteries.

Bert

Bert

I have called twice but no one has gotten back to me so I have emailed them. Will advise once I receive an answer.

Mark