Author Topic: Current Model Jayco Dove  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Janbo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Jayco Eagle - Jeep Cherokee KK
Current Model Jayco Dove
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:02:15 PM »
Hi, Does anyone have a current model Jayco Dove ? Just found out the CRV can only tow 1200kg on a single axle ( 1500kg on Twin Axle) I would like to know if your Doves ATM is under 1200kg ? Many thanks, I have Hayman Reece tow bar fitted 150k Towball, need to get the biggest Camper I can and was hoping a Jayco Dove would come in around 1200kg ATM ?

We are all in the gutter....... But some of us are looking at the stars!!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Current Model Jayco Dove
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »
Dunno what it weighs but after you add all your gear, water etc. you'll be over.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Sparkdog99

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »
Jayco dove weight 915kg with 137kg towball. Out back is 1068kg and 138kg towball.This is for a 2009 model you might be able to work out the atm from this. Allow a couple of hundred kg's for water and camping gear. Cheers.

Offline Just some guy

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
Like sparkdog99 said, the TARE for the onroad is 915 kg.  Thus the ATM will be 1215 kg.  This is with no extras.  If you want a Battery, awning or any other accessory it will weigh more.  The outback model is 130kg more.

I just picked up my Penguin last week and we have just bitten the bullet and are upgrading from an outlander to a hilux so we can tow it (legally). 

I think you will either have to consider a different vehicle or a lighter camper...
Please keep in mind - I'm just some guy.  I don't know nothin about nothin!

Offline Janbo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Jayco Eagle - Jeep Cherokee KK
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
Like sparkdog99 said, the TARE for the onroad is 915 kg.  Thus the ATM will be 1215 kg.  This is with no extras.  If you want a Battery, awning or any other accessory it will weigh more.  The outback model is 130kg more.

I just picked up my Penguin last week and we have just bitten the bullet and are upgrading from an outlander to a hilux so we can tow it (legally). 

I think you will either have to consider a different vehicle or a lighter camper...
Would the 1215 ATM not include the awning? I thought the 300kgs was for the awning battery etc ??
We are all in the gutter....... But some of us are looking at the stars!!

Offline Just some guy

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Would the 1215 ATM not include the awning? I thought the 300kgs was for the awning battery etc ??

The 300 kg difference between the TARE and the ATM is sometimes referred to as the 'personal allowance'.  This means that you have 300 kg for water, gas in the gas bottle, clothes, food, utensils etc.  That 300 kg disapears quickly!  The water tank and filling the gas bottle alone is almost 100 kg.

If you get the battery and awning factory fitted, they include it in the TARE, so the TARE will increase by roughly 45 kg just for those 2.  The ATM will also then increase by 45 kg.  If the awning and battery are fitted after the camper is built (not factory fitted) then this weight generally falls within the personal allowance, so the TARE and ATM don't incease - it just means less can be loaded into the camper.

Either way, you will have to travel very light to get within the 1200 kg limit.  

Jayco just released a lighter weight camper trailer this week - not sure what its called but it might be worth a look-in!
Please keep in mind - I'm just some guy.  I don't know nothin about nothin!