Author Topic: And the packing begins!  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
And the packing begins!
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
Today Brett and I started getting organised as we head off next Friday to meet up with Ketsi & Co in Longreach on our "Would you like flies with that?" Tour which is basically our "long way around" to the Meet. 

We fired up our new genie for the first time today and ran it for two hours - will run it for a further 3 tomorrow before doing it's first oil change.

We also set up Brett's bargain of the year - an ARB awning which he bought off a mate for $100!

Also set up was our camper for this trip - an AORC Odyssey ZR which belongs to another mate of Brett's (this fella has some dang handy connections).  Ever since we put it up it has been raining - I guess on the bright side it is getting a good wash so will be nice and clean ready for us to dirty it on the way round!

The photos aren't the best quality as they were taken on Brett's iPhone - didn't have time to get the camera out before it began to rain!

We are both getting really excited now and looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone at the National Meet  ;D.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:50:08 PM by Jillsy »

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: And the packing begins!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »
Have a safe trip down and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks time.

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
Time is starting to get close. Better think about getting ourselves organised as well.
See you all there.

Trevor

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:42:43 AM »
Thanks JKohn.

It rained basically all night but the camper has stood up well with no leaks so far. The Suns not quite out but today we are sorting out our camping gear to see what we have, what we need and what fits where...

10 Sleeps until we start our trip!
Cheers
Brett

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
Thanks JKohn.

It rained basically all night but the camper has stood up well with no leaks so far. The Suns not quite out but today we are sorting out our camping gear to see what we have, what we need and what fits where...

10 Sleeps until we start our trip!

See you there or maybe somewhere on the track in between !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
Enjoy your trip down here Brett & Jill, keep safe and we will see you at Wilmington :cheers:
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
The motto when travelling with Ketsi is "The liver is evil, it must be punished"!!!!

Have fun, see you there.

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline bj4408

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
We're getting organised as well.
Checked the wheel bearings on the trailer last weekend found one with metal flakes in it so just as well I had a look. All good now, new set of bearings and fresh grease all round. Have also been sprucing up the inside of "The Shuttle" a bit. Kids are also starting to look at the maps and planning the route.
regards
Bruce
Crew of "The Shuttle". http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=1999.0

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
Down to 5 Sleeps until we start our Journey!  ;D
Cheers
Brett

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:12 AM »
Down to 5 Sleeps until we start our Journey!  ;D

;D:cheers: ;D

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:46 AM »
Just got home from a Tassie meet, so not a lot of packing to do, but it sure got us into the camping mode and keen to get on the road.

Trevor

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
Well the Doc has told me not to go to work today and tomorrow due to not being able to speak a sentence without coughing up a lung. I guess when my job role is to answer phones and talk on radios all day he has probably sprouted some pretty sound advice.  This means that my holidays have started early so I have taken the opportunity to get a jump on getting the CT packed ready for our "Do you want flies with that?" Tour down to the Meet.  Have just finished stocking the pantry and have filled the beer fridge :cheers: too - may have to test one later to see if they are cold enough  ;D. Trying to get as much as I can done before Brett gets home from work late tomorrow night.

I have organised a "blog book" so that we can keep notes of what goes on each day of our trip - our plan is to do a bit of blog on here using the laptop every few days so the good ol' blog book will help jog our memory and make sure we don't miss anything.

I have to say it is getter super dooper exciting now - I can't wait till Friday morning when we are heading West on the good ol' Capricorn Highway...