Author Topic: Great service by Redarc.  (Read 1542 times)

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
Great service by Redarc.
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:00:15 PM »
Earlier this year my father purchased a new landcruiser, and as he has a large caravan a brake controller was part of the deal. Fitting was organised by the dealer in Cootamundra. A redarc remote head controller was fitted, But whoever fitted it had no idea. ???

The red knob to the right of the steering wheel is the adjuster, The location looks oK till you swing your leg out of the car, Catch the knob and snap the shaft on the adjuster. Dad had a second unit fitted at his cost (and in the same location) which is bent 3 weeks after fitting.

I contacted redarc and enquired about purchasing the adjuster to fit to the old controller. Their response was as it is a safety device they wouldn't sell the part but could repair it. I sent it off to their office and recieved it back a week later repaired under warranty.
As this wasn't really a warranty repair, I feel that it was service above my expectations and deserved some reward or recomendation.

Disclaimer: i have no connection to redarc nor does my father other than owning this one (well now 2) products, I am just very happy with the service offered in this instance.
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Great service by Redarc.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »
Certainly sounds like good service Steve, credit where credit is due. :cup:
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:14 PM »
Absolutely. I should have added I was more than happy to pay for the repair, But explained to then i didn't want to pay more than the unit was worth. And on the positive side when the second unit is swapped out and repaired I've got a redarc brake controller Free.
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline tigga27

• Swag User
  • "Lowering the average age of the Nomad"
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
I had a problem with my smart battery isolator but wasn't sure I was right so I sent an email via their website and half an hour later I received a phone call from adelaide with a guy talking me through all the tests which I had done. contactors were shot but coil was still activating. I waswell impressed with that service. after replacing the unit I found that the peanut that previously owned it had wired the override wire that parallels the batteries when you run your starter battery flat and you need more juice permanently to the main cable so it would never disconnect. there's a lot more to this story but then I would sound stupider for not realising. ended up putting a low voltage disconnector to the fridge plug as another safety

cheers
tig
105 1HZ+T
2013 hilux

Offline goody59

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:26:04 AM »
I have made a few enquiries with Redarc myself. I use their isolator in my dual battery set up.  The email response has always been prompt, accurate and with a smile. Could not have wanted more. Great to deal with.

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Good to hear, my remote head controller arrived today! 

:cheers:
Dave
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/