Author Topic: New to MySwag and Campers  (Read 2527 times)

Offline KevG

• Learning the Ropes
New to MySwag and Campers
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:49 AM »
G'day all

Not new to camping having camped in tents, a swag and a roof top we recently moved in to a camper trailer.

We bought a 2nd hand Outback Camper Trailer 'Adventurer' - a friend was selling it after upgrading to a caravan!

I haven't been able to find much out about the Outback Camper Trailer company, but they were apparently built in Brisbane.  Mine came with drawbar and side toolboxes, 4 jerry can holders, 2 4.5kg gas bottle holders, boat rack, outboard mount, 60l water tank, tailgate kitchen and electric brakes.  It's a 4x4 model with sunrasia rims, 7 leaf spring packs and in all nicely made trailer.  The electics on it are basic so a little work will be required there.  The basic wiring allowed me to set up and Engle fridge freezer in there.

The tent is nice heavy duty canvas, sets and packs up nice and easily.  It's a soft floor side opener.  With the awning attached it is actually a pretty quick set up.

To tow it I have my trust Series 1 Discovery which is a well travelled beast heading towards the 500,000km mark.  It sports a bulbar snorkel, winch, roof rack, side awning (with led strip lighting), Waeco, home made drawers, brake controller and rear facing camera.

We hail from a small town, Yass, about 60km NW of Canberra and both work so we are limited a bit to weekend and holiday trips.  But being on the edge of the NSW high country and a day or so drive from NSW's outback we intend to put the camper through it's paces at local favourite spots and some new spots a little further away as time permits.

So far we have done a couple of weekenders in it and a trip up to Grafton and back.

Looking forward to getting some ideas for improving the camper from the forum.

And before someone else does it, I know...

:worthles:

They will come shortly.

Safe travels
KevG

scarpsD40

New to MySwag and Campers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »
Welcome to myswag KevG & co. Great to have you on board.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:19:01 AM by scarpsD40 »

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Get ready. Get set.......
Re: New to MySwag and Campers
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
welcome to my swag Kev

We have an outback camper and it was built in Carrum Downs Melbourne.  Not sure if its the same company though.  Might be worth a google.

Vicki
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

Life is a gift and too short to waste.

KingBilly

Re: New to MySwag and Campers
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
G'day Kev amd welcome to myswag.  Congrats on the camper.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB