Author Topic: Newbie from Newy  (Read 2900 times)

Offline St77

• Learning the Ropes
Newbie from Newy
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
Greetings from Newcastle!
Great to find another welcoming and informative forum!!
We are a family of 4, kids aged 3(pink one) & 5(blue one)
We are currently trying to sell our Jayco Expanda Caravan whilst we research into the camper trailer scene.
Whilst the van offered great comfort in all conditions, I am looking forward to seeing our kids experience a style of camping closer to what I grew up doing and loving!
The real test here will be for my wife, as the van was as close to camping as she was willing to get.
I think seeing how much the kids have loved free camping and time they spent outside the van has definitely helped convincing her that the camper idea is  a better alternative.
Looking for any suggestions that will make the process of choosing a suitable camper easier, we aren't in any real hurry as we still currently have our van.
I've visited the friendly guys at Complete Campsite down the coast from us and was amazed by the quality of their campers. I have also been checking out the Trackabout camper designs as they appear similar in quality without the premium price tag of the CC.
Whilst I love what these two trailers offer I'm not sure if I should be spending the $'s yet on our first camper trailer??
2 cheaper options that I've liked is both the MDC Expedition cruiser FF and the MDC Step through V4
Would love to hear anyone's opinions on this manufacturer and these campers.

The considerations for our decision making are.
We are towing with a 2012 Turbo Diesel Toyota Prado (set up for touring) and would love to build up to a 2-3 month trip away being fully self sufficient and able to visit some reasonably isolated places.
Price range is a little open, I'm thinking $20-30k should see us into a good one.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Kind Regards,

St77 :D

scarps

Re: Newbie from Newy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »
Greetings from Newcastle!
Great to find another welcoming and informative forum!!
We are a family of 4, kids aged 3(pink one) & 5(blue one)
We are currently trying to sell our Jayco Expanda Caravan whilst we research into the camper trailer scene.
Whilst the van offered great comfort in all conditions, I am looking forward to seeing our kids experience a style of camping closer to what I grew up doing and loving!
The real test here will be for my wife, as the van was as close to camping as she was willing to get.
I think seeing how much the kids have loved free camping and time they spent outside the van has definitely helped convincing her that the camper idea is  a better alternative.
Looking for any suggestions that will make the process of choosing a suitable camper easier, we aren't in any real hurry as we still currently have our van.
I've visited the friendly guys at Complete Campsite down the coast from us and was amazed by the quality of their campers. I have also been checking out the Trackabout camper designs as they appear similar in quality without the premium price tag of the CC.
Whilst I love what these two trailers offer I'm not sure if I should be spending the $'s yet on our first camper trailer??
2 cheaper options that I've liked is both the MDC Expedition cruiser FF and the MDC Step through V4

We are towing with a 2012 Turbo Diesel Toyota Prado (set up for touring) and would love to build up to a 2-3 month trip away being fully self sufficient and able to visit some reasonably isolated places.
Price range is a little open, I'm thinking $20-30k should see us into a good one.

Kind Regards,

maaaate welcome to myswag. What a great dilemma you have.  Good quality CT's hold their value well.  You've got a good quality tug, your budget is good, so my 2c worth, put a good quality Trackabout on the back.  You won't regret it.

My swmbo is a 5star glamper and she picked our Trackabout, and haven't looked back.

The CC's and CL's are also a great option. Many happy owners on here of all 3.

Offline Market Direct Campers

• Tent User
  • www.marketdirect.com.au PH: 1300 4x4 4x4
    • MDC Camper Trailers & Caravans
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »

Kind Regards,

Hi St77,

We can put you in touch with many happy customers.

You may want to have a look at our Australian made Nomad, we have just dropped the price from $39,990 to $25,990.
That's a saving of $14,000.

Details here: http://www.marketdirectcampertrailers.com.au/en/nomad/

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider
[img width= height=]http://www.importersandwholesalers.com.au/forum/myswaglogo2.jpg[/img]

Offline CRW

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Driving the Dreamliner
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
Saving $14,000 what did you leave out, or did you just forgo your profit
Cheers
Carl

200 Series Land Cruiser TTD V8,  Complete Campsite Hard Floor Fraser

Offline St77

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:16 PM »
Hmm,
$14,000 price drop does beg the question asked?
Thanks MDC for the link though, it certainly looks impressive!
Still enjoying the online browsing and researching for now, can't say we're any closer to making a decision...
Hopefully get ourselves to a camping/ caravan show and have a closer look.
Cheers