Author Topic: Hi from down town Broken Hill  (Read 3108 times)

Offline cram_it_frog

• Learning the Ropes
Hi from down town Broken Hill
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Hi to every one  what a fantastic site you have here lot of interesting information and some amazing images

As the intro says I am now living in Broken Hill Side door to the outback

A image of me at sun set with the most famous hat the bush tucker mans shape

[img width= height=]http://www.lightstalking.com/wp-content/uploads/album/35646/528403_10200531832612065_965714200_n-500x375.jpg[/img]
Sun set by allein morrison on Light Stalking

scarps

Re: Hi from down town Broken Hill
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:14:03 PM »
Welcome to myswag, great to have you on board. Hat and all:-)

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »
Welcome,

Great pic in your intro,
What type of camping are you into?
Enjoy your time here.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline cram_it_frog

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
We just use a tent living in Broken Hill gives you lots of options as to where to go most people have to drive here first and then go bush

Menidee lakes and we have some friends who own property's out of town so we can go there Silverton we often head out past there

some images from Menindee lakes and Silverton

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »
Welcome to MySwag

GG

Offline ozstickman

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just Grinning
Hi from down town Broken Hill
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:14:58 AM »
G'day and welcome aboard!

I got stuck in Broken Hill a few years ago for a weekend. Nice town.

Sent from my Ring-a-ding-a-ling
Don't complain! It could be worse, you could be six foot under or a brick of ashes!!
Our camper Barry - http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31963.0

KingBilly

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 07:25:31 AM »
Welcome to myswag.  Nice photos.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
Welcome to the Forum mate nice pics. Look forward to your input  :cheers:

BD
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline cram_it_frog

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »
thanks guy s nice to be here and it is nice to see some people in the fine land get out there and see what a totally amazing country we live in I have been all over the lower half and hope  to see some of the top end some time soon

Funny story I went to Adelaide's RAH hospital medical clinic right in the center of Adelaide few weeks back 500k trip down and 500k home the doctor who I was supposed to see was away , the girl at the reception said no hassle come back next week she thought Broken Hill was other side of Gawler a hours drive

I spoke to her boss he arranged for me to see another doctor ,

yes  we get paid remote assistance to go to see doctors but it really wipes out 3 days in your week driving down doing xrays and seeing the doctor and home but she had no Idea

I find it amazing the amount of people who have never traveled more that a few hundred ks from home instead of flying off giving your money to some other country there is a lot of very nice Australians living in remote towns waiting for you to come spend some money in there towns  .

There are a lot of small towns out there that in 10 or 20 years will not be there if we do not turn tourism around and spend money at home

Broom is just starting to get back on there feet after dropping the ball on advertising

Offline Roger D

• Swag User
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
I find it amazing the amount of people who have never traveled more that a few hundred ks from home instead of flying off giving your money to some other country there is a lot of very nice Australians living in remote towns waiting for you to come spend some money in there towns.
I was just thinking about that today. I was lucky enough to have lunch near a beach today and saw two young females cleaning out a Suzuki carry van, obviously backpackers, had all their stuff out on the grass cleaning the van out, when i asked if they were spring cleaning they told me they where cleaning the Suzuki to sell as they were flying home in two weeks time.
During the last 4 months spent here in Oz they started in Sydney, travelled south to Melbourne, across to Adelaide up to Alice Springs across to FNQ and returning to Sydney.
Guess it shows that you don't need everything with all the bells and whistles to get out a see our great land.   
Landcruiser 100 series towing Ultimate X20

Offline cram_it_frog

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »
some thing I do miss is lunch at the beach so lucky yes we get a lot of tourists come through town and  some are just a old telstra toyota van right up to top of the line Winnebago's  and caravans of all shapes and sizes.

One guy I meet in town he was a bank manager and never went on holidays just work and more work and at 58 heart attack he was offered early retirement and took it sold his home in Sydney and has been on the road for 3 years he said I had no idea what Australia was like till this happened  has been done the complete circle of Australia 3 times now and still more places to see and health is fantastic no stress in his life any more

he had a ford ranger with a medium size van nice set up totally self sufficient save money stay out of caravan parks he said