Author Topic: 150w Ryder Solar Blanket $299, Waeco CFX40 $748 @ Supercheap's ebaystore  (Read 2459 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Well similar to this post here there are a couple of discounts that you can stack to bring them down to $299 which I think is a great price. They are $374.25 down from $499 currently on their website and eBay has an additional 20% for some specific sellers including Supercheap if you use the code CARS in the eBay checkout. eBay listing here
 eBay terms and conditions here

A couple of other things to consider are
  • The charge controllers that they come with sit somewhere in the range of "not being very good" to "can damage your battery" and you should really factor in a new regulator if you don't already have one.
  • These don't have a nice stand or good way of being held up, some people say they put them on their bonnet/roof of their car, you could lay them out on the ground or what I do is use an extra spreader bar or two underneath and just throw them on top of the camper tent. They do have some loops in the corners but I think these are designed for securing as opposed to being able to hang them up

Some other links
A video of it's smaller brother
The previous posted deal with some additional information in the posts
A fair bit of discussion about them here.

edit added in the Waeco CFX40, seems also like a good deal for $748 with being able to stack the discounts.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:19:15 AM by tryagain »
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
Re: 150w Ryder Solar Blanket $299 @ Supercheap's ebaystore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »
Yep saw the eBay discount mentioned in another thread, picked one up this morning for $299.40. My beer fridge gave me a high 5.😁🍻

Now I need to source a solar reg that's suitable for permanent mounting under the bonnet.
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:18:37 AM by tryagain »

Offline monbeg

• Tent User
Just picked one up from Supercheap.
Looks like they may have addressed the regulator issue, different one to whats in the ad.

Pic on box and the user manual also updated.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Just picked one up from Supercheap.
Looks like they may have addressed the regulator issue, different one to whats in the ad.

Pic on box and the user manual also updated.

Yep, that definitely looks different, just need somebody to test it to see if it any good.

Offline jayray377

• Sleeping Bag User
Bugger, just noticed this thread, seems I am too late .
What alert can I set up so I don't miss the next time?
99 TD5 Discovery, Aussie Camper Trailers - Flinders (2017)