Author Topic: Why the hell would you not come here?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Why the hell would you not come here?
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »
This is a "Cut and Paste" from The Gympie Times today and just happens to be where this years National Meet is being held.

"Rainbow Beach named one of the world's most beautiful."

"IT'S magic," are the words Ruth Modine hears regularly from Rainbow Beach tourists when they see the panoramic views for the first time.

They are not the only ones saying so though, because the Huffington Post has named Rainbow as one of the world's nine most beautiful beaches.

"Vibrant rainbow-coloured sand dunes hug the beaches of this gorgeous coastal town," was the online blog's description.

The news is no surprise to Mrs Modine. She thinks it is equally as stunning as the Bahamas and Hawaii, also listed.

The FoodWorks owner/operator has lived in the coastal community for more than 40 years and she knows the spectacular views well.

Every day she is greeted with the magnificent foreshore and those signature coloured sands.

"A beach landscape is always moving but Rainbow Beach particularly... the coloured sands and natural attractions," she said.

"I've always told the government bodies this really is the jewel of the whole shire, the whole area.

"It's pristine."

According to Rainbow Beach Realty principal Andrew Hawkins, the community saw its best tourism numbers during Christmas in 2014 and he said word would continue to spread.

Mr Hawkins said often when holiday-makers visited the beach, they were "hooked" from the first swim.

Rainbow Beach deserved just as much hype as the Gold Coast beaches, he said.

"There's no surprise. It's about time the world knew more about it. It's no secret to the locals.

"There are different elements to the town for different people."

Young Gympie woman Teagan Cleary, 22, has holidayed in Rainbow Beach since she was a child.

For her, there is no better getaway.

"It's relaxed and you have the beach right next to shopping, so you can do both things," Miss Cleary said.

Mrs Modine said she hoped the compliment reminded everyone to continue to take pride in their town and its assets.

"We have to make sure we keep it looking in pristine condition," she said.

Best beaches

1. Scala Dei Turchi, Sicily

2. Starfish Beach, New Zealand

3. Musha Cay, Bahamas

4. Tra An Doilin, Ireland

5. Rainbow Beach, Queensland

6. Glass Beach, California

7. Stars Sand Beach, Japan

8. Pink Sand Beach, Bahamas

9. Punalu'u Beach, Hawaii
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:21:39 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
Re: Why the hell would you not come here?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »
Will be interesting to see the ratings after 4/10/15 ;D
Steve
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"