Author Topic: 200 series advice!  (Read 15983 times)

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 200 series advice!
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2013, 01:25:55 PM »
Hi pathfinding

Iam pretty new to the cruiser so can't answer all your questions.  I haven't noticed any wheel vibration yet (800ks) but remember many issues are subjective, and what annoys some is nothing to others. Ie snorkel and wind noise, you put a 100mm tube in the airflow next to your window, it's reasonable to expect it to increase wind noise IMO, does it annoy me, not yet but others have taken issue. But I want a snorkel so it has to be.

Be careful with the GVM upgrade, NSW no longer allow the after Rego upgrade and so may not accept other states? The Lovells upgrade gives it a great lift and ride, very happy.

ATM my biggest beef is I have had it 3 weeks and only done 800ks!

Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
I'm picking up my 200 series GXL in two weeks when I fly back to Queensland, it's taken me years to get my wife out of her XR8 falcon and into a cruiser, she has always reckoned they were too big blah blah blah

In recent times she has been driving my Hilux more, so thought now was the right time, she took the 200 for a drive a couple of weeks ago, and. Couldn't wipe the grin off her face.

We do a lot of touring around with the CT behind the Hilux, but with two small kids it was getting to me, lack of power, no room in the back seat with two kiddies seats etc...

So for us it's the 200.   We have got a new one that's plated 2012, GXL, silver and on road for $79 990.  I'm happy with that, I opted against the kdss, have driven both with and without, and personally I didn't see it offering me too much for what I need.  I'm happy with the decision.  It's first drive will be when I pick it up in Brisbane in two weeks and point it north to Townsville, then straight in for first service I suppose.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
Congatulations KieranR. What colour did you order?
I am placing my order tomorrow. Silver GXL TTD. non-KDSS for the same reasons you list.
Did the deal to sell our Patrol to mate yesterday.
Now going through the, "it's been a great car, lots of accessories. Are we doing the right thing."
Another test drive should straighten me out!
Landcruiser 200 TTD GXL with a few goodies & campomatic camper

Offline V8CRSA

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Just waiting to hit the open road again......
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
We got a call from our dealer on Thursday, saying Toyota had a white GXL in stock and they where securing that for us.
We where expecting it too take longer, we need to hurry up and sell our SS as quick as we can now.
While at the ARB sale yesterday we also got a quote on a winch bar, snorkel and GVM upgrade, also picked up a 12000lb warn at the sale.

Watty, we also went through the stage of doubting if we had done the correct thing, but once it's ready to go and you have that first drive you will be glad you did.

Cheers Matt
2013 GXL TTD 200 SERIES CRUISER
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic
Not quite "ATS" but working on it

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
We got a call from our dealer on Thursday, saying Toyota had a white GXL in stock and they where securing that for us.
We where expecting it too take longer, we need to hurry up and sell our SS as quick as we can now.
While at the ARB sale yesterday we also got a quote on a winch bar, snorkel and GVM upgrade, also picked up a 12000lb warn at the sale.

Watty, we also went through the stage of doubting if we had done the correct thing, but once it's ready to go and you have that first drive you will be glad you did.

Cheers Matt

Matt you have the winch now so it maybe too late, the M12000 is a great winch and the warns mount on the ARB bars so nicely, BUT the M12000 needs the bar to come off to remove  and service the winch! And removing bars on modern cars is a lot more involved.

Jim

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 08:29:51 PM »
Congatulations KieranR. What colour did you order?
I am placing my order tomorrow. Silver GXL TTD. non-KDSS for the same reasons you list.
Did the deal to sell our Patrol to mate yesterday.
Now going through the, "it's been a great car, lots of accessories. Are we doing the right thing."
Another test drive should straighten me out!

Ours will look like twins mate, we've got a TTD in silver pearl as well mate, until I get my hands on some gear and start the mods.  I transformed my Hilux over a 12 month period when I bought it standard into a capable touring vehicle, I'm keeping the Hilux so I'm going to have to buy all the gear again - it's only money I suppose

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
That's the spirit! You can't take it with you.
Our Patrol was highly modded with winches, drawers ect etc. this one will probably get and ARB bar, suspension and snorkel. With a new baby (3rd) on the way our driving focus will change for a while.
Look forward to your pics when you get it. I expect we will pick ours up late June after we move south.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
Deal done. 200 ordered today!!
Silver Pearl TTD GXL. Will pick up in late June.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback. Pics to come!

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »
Deal done. 200 ordered today!!
Silver Pearl TTD GXL. Will pick up in late June.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback. Pics to come!

Congrats mate, welcome to the "wait" think you have picked an awesome colour  :cheers:

Jim

Offline markpeh

• Swag User
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
Thanks for this thread. I finally got it out of my head that we need a 200 and that keepin the nt pajero is the best thing to do. And now I realize I might just need one.
It does t help that the wife wants one too... Might just have to get one for my Chrissy present, and send the wife back to work to pay for it!

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »
You are already ahead. It has taken me 2 years to convince the wife. Convincing her eating bread and water to pay for it might take a bit longer!

Offline KieranR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »
Good job mate, mine arrives in Brisbane on Friday, but. I don't get back until the 1st June, so I'm picking up that morning, then a quick scoot to the goldie for lunch with a friend before pointing it towards Townsville, should be a Nice drive by myself, listening to John Williamson all the way without having the wife and kids whinge about my choice of music.  I got silver pearl as well.

Offline Watty2975

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
Congrats. What a great way to get to know the car with a long drive home.
Not too long to wait and the best colour!!