Author Topic: Wombats run over and killed at campground  (Read 15849 times)

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
Wombats run over and killed at campground
« on: September 20, 2015, 09:29:33 AM »
Mongrels... :(

"Eight wombats have been deliberately run over and killed at a camping ground at Kangaroo Valley in the New South Wales southern highlands, police said.

Officers were called to the Bendeela camping ground on Saturday and found the dead animals.

Witnesses have told police they saw a white four-wheel drive driving around the area throughout the night but no-one saw the animals being killed.

It is believed they were run over sometime between 9:30pm on Friday and 8:30 the next morning.

Police have appealed for anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has further information to come forward."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-20/eight-wombats-deliberately-run-over-and-killed-at-camping-ground/6789658
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)
The following users thanked this post: sol

Offline jw2170

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Wombats run over and killed at campground
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
What mongrels.....
Jim & Maree
Sydney NSW

Hilux and soft floor camper.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
What mongrels.....
that's a touch to polite for my mind...can't type what I want to in relation to a gutless mindless act such as this though. Here's hoping they catch the brain dead turd who did this, and throw the book at them.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

time

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 11:05:48 AM »
Same thing happened at Bendethra in 2004, they caught that fwit, check the story here http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2004-04-26/court-fines-wombat-killer/175872

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »
Whod run over a wombat?
Just thier cuteness factor alone you'd think no one would...like shooting a koala.
But I bet there's dheads out there that do that to,appalling

UIZ733

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »
This is the work of truly evil, sick and disturbed thugs that do not deserve the privilege of being loose in society. There is no excuse. There would also be little doubt that their attitude to fellow humans would be little different, given the opportunity. One can only hope they are found and locked up for a long time.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 02:52:04 PM »
That has sickened and saddened me...

And to imagine - that $#@%*  is someone that we will be passing by in the opposite direction at 100 clicks one day...   a killer with such lack of regard for life; or self respect....   
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline jw2170

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
that's a touch to polite for my mind...can't type what I want to in relation to a gutless mindless act such as this though. Here's hoping they catch the brain dead turd who did this, and throw the book at them.

What I wanted to say would most likely be deleted...... :-[

They give 4wd drives a bad rep...But they are everywhere, not just in 4wd.....
Jim & Maree
Sydney NSW

Hilux and soft floor camper.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »
Saw this on another forum and like users there have said, the article refers to a white 4wd being seen driving in the area, nothing to prove it was that vehicle.  Saying it was seen in the area is a very wide statement. Who saw it, where were they?  Surely if there were people camped in the area they would have heard something.   It is all just too sickening to think about.  The offender or offenders would be capable of anything.  Just cruel bad people.  Hope they do catch them.  But as we know, once they go to court their paid mouth piece will put up some story and the magistrate will feel sorry for them and give them a rather hash talking to, that will teach them.....  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.   There is really some bad people about.  >:(  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:37 PM »
......once they go to court their paid mouth piece will put up some story and the magistrate will feel sorry for them .....

...self defence??....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:51 PM »
Fkn maggots some people are just cruel irresponsible dick heads.
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/

Offline grc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
Fkn maggots some people are just cruel irresponsible dick heads.

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »
I read this thread this morning and all day I've been trying to think how I'd explain it to my little girl if we stumbled across something like this. Words elude me and my thoughts if I caught them in the act scare me.
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »
I once saw someone run over a little spotted kiwi,deliberatly..and reported his number plate probably the north islands rarest.
I never did find out what happened to him but its equaly disgusting.
If you willingly take the life of an endangered species I personaly feel you should face worse penalties than murder.
The act itself is worthy of harsh punishment but to deny a species a chance to exist and the opertunity of future generations of enjoying and protecting it is without words.
Its akin to those Islamic state pricks  destroying places like Palmyra when its gone it's gone

Offline Wortho

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
Very sad and makes me feel ashamed to be human when I see stories like this  :-[
I hope they find them so they can be publicly shamed like Cecil the Lion killer where they can't show their faces in public.

These days I always record number plates etc of rowdy groups when out camping after witnessing the aftermath and major damage at a NP out West. Unforunately the offenders disappeared quick smart once they sobered up an realised that they may be held accountable. Incidently the area was subsequently closed by National Parks some time later as was only reachable via 4x4 and was deemed to difficult to manage. I have to wonder if they would have closed it if the Moron's had not trashed it earlier.

Offline cmkc051002

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
Disgusting, hard to believe human beings could do this to defenceless animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Get ready. Get set.......
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
Ankles... That is all.

That is lower than the word I would like to use and would no doubt be deleted. 
And I am a lady after all.
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

Life is a gift and too short to waste.

Offline chisel

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Lifestyle Extenda 2012, Landcruiser 100 TD 2006

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »
If the witnesses did in fact see this happening, I hope they called 000 right away....the next day is not good enough.

And if you ever ring the police when there is trouble brewing while at camp, and they seem to not have any interest in coming out, mention that you believe there are firearms being discharged....that will usually get them moving.....obviously loud music isn't a police matter !!

Another trick ( especially during the day ) is to get your camera and pretend to take pics of people running amuck ( or actually take the pics )
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »
Quote from: gronk
Another trick ( especially during the day ) is to get your camera and pretend to take pics of people running amuck ( or actually take the pics )

yea let drunk ****wits with the IQ of a lemon think you have photos of them destroying the place... take the chance of your tent being flattened?? I'll pass..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 03:33:52 PM »
yea let drunk ****wits with the IQ of a lemon think you have photos of them destroying the place... take the chance of your tent being flattened?? I'll pass..

I've done it....you obviously need to assess the people who are playing up....and how many ( if any ) backup you've got ..

I've only done it once, but one time when some young ones were acting like f***wits, I went over and told them I've already taken photos AND they were already uploaded to the cloud and the police had been called ( all bulls**t ) and they were quiet as a mouse for 4hrs and then packed up and left !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 04:20:01 PM »
And if you ever ring the police when there is trouble brewing while at camp, and they seem to not have any interest in coming out, mention that you believe there are firearms being discharged....that will usually get them moving.....obviously loud music isn't a police matter !!

'firearms being discharged'  OMG I do hope you are joking.  In todays environment that is not a good thing to make up. Plus it could actually delay the Police. As soon as a firearm is mentioned the Police must take a different approach and this different approach takes time to organise and be equipped.  So please, do not make up a story like that to Police.  Plus just imagine what it would feel like to get a call like that and you are the one going to that incident.  Not a good feeling believe me.

I still have trouble imagining how any low life could have done this to those poor animals.   But then again there are a lot of these type of low life out there.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.
The following users thanked this post: discoteddy

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
it gets scarey in remote campgrounds - its not uncommon for people to drive through at all hours of the night just 'looking' - quite unnerving - we used to get them at cotter campground and the campgrounds on the way to Thredbo. one night at samurai beach we almost slept with big iron tent pegs next to our bed after a bout of heckling from some wannabees having a little mini carnival on the beach - fortunately we had made it obvious we were taking photos of their vehicles before we made an impromptu trip out of the campground and back

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »
'firearms being discharged'  OMG I do hope you are joking.  In todays environment that is not a good thing to make up. Plus it could actually delay the Police. As soon as a firearm is mentioned the Police must take a different approach and this different approach takes time to organise and be equipped.  So please, do not make up a story like that to Police.  Plus just imagine what it would feel like to get a call like that and you are the one going to that incident.  Not a good feeling believe me.

I still have trouble imagining how any low life could have done this to those poor animals.   But then again there are a lot of these type of low life out there.  Kevin

Well said Kevin, posts such as this add little to the substance of this topic. The comments you have mentioned are all worthy considerations that the responding police will make en route to discovering the FALSE report of the discharge of firearms. Not to mention giving priority to a fictitious job. Just imagine the poor general duties coppers leaving a domestic early due to some fool making a false report of a lunatic shooting up a camp site??????? What the hell.

Cheers,

Disco teddy.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »
'firearms being discharged'  OMG I do hope you are joking. 

I'm not.....if I was in a position where we were being threatened, and a call to police was taken too lightly, for our safety I'm afraid I would do anything to get some action..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra