Author Topic: Youi insurance quote question  (Read 9707 times)

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Youi insurance quote question
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
They pestered me with an e-mail wanting feedback.
I was in the mood so they got told they are a joke and nothing but a bunch of slicked up hipsters in black skivvies who know that there's a lot people out there who will take their advertising claims at face value and then get fleeced by their chained slaves in the call centre.

If a business gets on national TV and say they'll save you money because they 'get you' and don't make assumptions, then one expects that if you are a low risk you'll do well and if not then their premiums should at least be ballpark with the rest. but that's clearly not the case.

In my family for services like insurance, telecoms etc we are loyal to the company that looks after us all and in return we get the multi policy and family discounts and a fair shake if there's a problem to be solved.

Similarly if one of us gets stuffed around we are likely to be "all out" so the impact to them is several times what it could be to an individual

Coupled to a claims experience that appears to be very patchy after hearing the Ray Hadlee article then they are off the list big time.

Hoping they take the bait and send me another e-mail!

1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 07:22:06 AM »
Firstly let me say I have a vested interest in a certain Insurance Mob.....

What people need to realise is that all business' will at certain times try to buy a market share by offering cheap products to certain segments of the population. Statistically, drivers over 30 are less risk than P platers etc and this is usually the segment targeted.

The real value of insurance is being able to talk to a person "Face to Face", who can offer you the best $ vs Benefit product AND then be there to back it up if something goes wrong.

Remember what the banks have done, closing branches when people stopped using their local office. I am not saying that people should pay $$$'s more by using a local office but if you do get a cheaper quote on line [or phone], drop in to your insurer's branch & talk over your options.

Insurance is money that you pay out in the hope that nothing goes wrong.

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »
Saved over 2k/year swapping house and 2 cars from suncorp to youi. I have claimed twice and it has been flawless. I personally have found their service  friendly and professional. Every renewal they up my premiums by about 100 each. I call them up and say what the, and they take it back to the previous years premiums. This years premiums are actually cheaper than the year before. Never saw premiums go down with suncorp.
Cheers

Justin

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:24 AM »
They save you money because you have provided them with so much info that if at the time of the claim any of it is wrong they have reasonable grounds to decline the claim due to non-disclosure.
Bingo!

I stick with the mainstream insurers and keep everything insured with the one company. 3 cars (1 is a P plater) 70's caravan, Jayco camper plus house and contents.  Gives a little more leverage at claim and renewal time.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Offline speedcomm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »
Weird re Youii being expensive,  I have all my policies with Youii, house, contents, car and 2 motorbikes. Their prices blew everyone out of the water and saved me a packet annually ! I always talk direct with a real person who is friendly and attentive, I couldn't be happier, have been with them now for maybe 4 years. Haven't had a claim in that time though.
I am low risk, over 30, country town, low risk 4wd etc etc
2.8L Prado. Jayco Eagle OB.

Offline pauljygrant

• Tent User
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
No connection with the company other than as a customer of 6 or 7 years.
Started with just one car, and over the time have gradually moved other policies to them as their quotes appear competitive.  Now have 2 cars, camper, and house & contents with them.
At renewal I do have to phone for a better quote but at least you get a phone number for someone based in Australia.
Like many, the more policies you have, the better discount offered.
Have had 2 motor claims and every pleased how they were handled. Again, Australian based team and good choice of repairer.
Had a less favourable experience with Coles! (I'm a share holder in Wesfarmers but wouldn't use their insurance again)
2011 Jayco Swan; (about to be upgraded to 2015 Jayco Basestation); 2013 Nissan Navara 2.5 ST Auto

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »

Insurance is money that you pay out in the hope that nothing goes wrong.

Hem

And I can only go on those 2 radio interviews to judge by, but if that's how they run their business, you can only hope nothing does go wrong !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 11:09:05 AM »
You can't use one particular quote or circumstance to say they are expensive or not.

NRMA is cheapest and best service for the expanda, you I for the Prado.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
You can't use one particular quote or circumstance to say they are expensive or not.

NRMA is cheapest and best service for the expanda, you I for the Prado.

interesting point there dazzler re the prado pricing. Suncorp wanted 1700 to insure my prado, I told them to jam it, youi does it for around 700 I think. When I told youi i wanted to insure a prado, she mention they are very competitive on prados (not sure on the reason here). Also have a camary, they were not as competitive on the camary, but it wasnt enough of a prince difference for me to bother going with another insurer for the camary.  Youi has all our business.

I have friends with Youi also, they have had multiple claims with Youi and can not personally fault their service.
Cheers

Justin

Offline rockinj

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
The first quote from them was monthly, the cost of other's yearly cost!!!!!! Was sure they made a mistake but they checked it twice. Their policy would have cost 12 times the competitors.
Trying to find the time to use our camper . . .

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

They were more than double the cost of the insurer we settled for.
this was for a 20 y/o p plater

Just saw this bit.  They don't want the risk of a p plater hence the huge quote.

We had the same thing with youi. The bloke actually said as much when we did the same with our 18yo.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367