Author Topic: 1988 cub drifter lift arms rivet  (Read 4759 times)

Offline reever dee

• Learning the Ropes
1988 cub drifter lift arms rivet
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
hi everyone just wanting to know if anyone has replaced the rivet that keeps the lifting arms together on a cub drifter older model  ... ( mechanical lift type ) one of mine has come apart still working but for how long i have thought of replacing with bolt + nylon nut ... secondary note are these still made or best to scout around for a used set  thanks in advanced, photo attached is borrowed but same lift arms  http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/1253366/20150219/180529.png
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:06:46 AM by reever dee »

Offline TCB

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: 1988 cub drifter lift arms rivet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
Hi mate, i've searched the internet high and low for them suckers but had no joy. The closest i have come is and old add on the caravansplus website where they use to sell them, so maybe you could give them a call and see if you can find out who made them for them when they were selling them.

Other than that, you could try find some second hand ones but i've had no luck with that either. About the only option is to buy an old cheap similar camper (with decent lifting arms) and strip any good gear off it and throw the rest away.

I'm in the middle of doing a complete refurbishment of my old girl right now and have had a close look at the arms now that they are off the camper. From what i can see, if my main rivet pin was dodgy, i think i would be trying a stainless steel bolt with nyloc nut and see how it goes.......can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Anyway, if you do happen to get lucky finding replacement arms, i'd be interested to know who sells them so be sure to keep us posted.
Cheers
The following users thanked this post: reever dee

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »
These guys have them but at $90 odd ea US and freight .. pay to repair yours http://www.rvworkshop.com/candr-universal-lift-kit
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: reever dee

Offline reever dee

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »