Author Topic: Why Do You Love Owning A CT  (Read 6113 times)

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
Why Do You Love Owning A CT
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »
Sitting out the back the other day cooking a Bbq, beer in hand contemplating life and i was thinking what is it about owning a CT that gets you i mean ive owned a caravan it just sat out the front wasnt much to get excited about but since i purchased the CT just about everyday i think now what can i do ,what can i get ,whos doing what to theres ,whats going on on the forum.Makes you feel cool owning one theres something about it but im sure you all feel the same as it is certainly reflected in the enthuisiasm of the forum.
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline MY0080

• Tent User
  • Get out there in our Great Australian BackYard
Re: Why Do You Love Owning A CT
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
I think its that outdoor atmosphere. Using a CT instead of a caravan gives you a feeling of being attached to the bush. I dont understand it, so please dont ask me to explain how, but thats how it is ! lol. Also, somehow you feel proud as punch to be towing that fine art of camping equipment behind you.  ;D
80 Series Landcruiser
Aussie Swag Camper Trailer
Bungarribee 4WD Club

Offline MY0080

• Tent User
  • Get out there in our Great Australian BackYard
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
Theres always that feeling of being self sufficiant and be able to take your trailer beyond places that your caravan couldnt. No restrictions
80 Series Landcruiser
Aussie Swag Camper Trailer
Bungarribee 4WD Club

Offline McAbouts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
I'm not sure either but that feeling of being able to shove food and clothes in the car, attach camper and be on the road is a wonderful thing. Ours has just made life easier, we have plans made now for years in advance, we try desperately to get long weekends off work to be able to go somewhere and we relax more now when we camp due to the comfort and ease of everything. We love that we can go places we never would have contemplated before. We love the whole experience of owning a camper trailer. Hubby is often pottering around outside now as it is one wonderful backyard ornament, so always in our faces, desperate to be used. As I have repeatedly said, this is the best purchase we have ever made.

Cheers
Louise ;D
2002 Prado
2010 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer

Offline ewoksta

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
I love the ease of set up and th fact we have 5 trips away planned this year. From 3 days to 3 weeks. Only purchased out CT in September last year and have had 3 trips already.

Best money we ever spent!!

Cheers
Andrew.
07 Dual Cab Navara
2012 Central Coast camper "Show Special"

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
its something that takes up Shit loads of room in teh shed, makes it look full, and hardly gets used due to kids sports/ballet/dancing/gym/footy/guitarlessons/farting/parties/fixingShitformates etc etc
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
its something that takes up **** loads of room in teh shed, makes it look full, and hardly gets used due to kids sports/ballet/dancing/gym/footy/guitarlessons/farting/parties/fixing****formates etc etc

I'd be restructuring then................ >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Nah mate, I do understand. I'm getting into the same boat at the moment. 4 years of more weekends in the glamper, now reality is setting in.
Soccer, dancing, etc etc......

BUT - I'm glad I do have the camper so we can get away when it all gets too much.
Nothing like a beer around a fire with good mates.
And the outback - well I hope someday it will be my lifestyle. :D

Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
Quote from: briann532
Nah mate, I do understand. I'm getting into the same boat at the moment. 4 years of more weekends in the glamper, now reality is setting in.
Soccer, dancing, etc etc..
i was having a midlife last month, thinking of a boat, but apart from them being bottomless money pits, I'd never get time to use it making it more of a pit... theres 3 boats in dads street that look like they havent been moved in 20-30yrs... his street only has 8 houses.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:48:36 PM »
its something that takes up **** loads of room in teh shed, makes it look full, and hardly gets used due to kids sports/ballet/dancing/gym/footy/guitarlessons/farting/parties/fixing****formates etc etc

x2
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
Its our holiday house, being portable we can holiday anywhere, mountains, seaside or desert. The kids are still young enough to be able to get away and sometimes you just have to pack up and go, so far this year we have spent 18 nights under canvas.

GG

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
I find that owning a CT, can take what would be a minor barney with the wife, into a full bun fight during set-up.

During the pack up however, it gets worse.

We love our camper however and will have it for a while yet. when we start to show signs of old age, then and only then, we get a van..... or, if the wife buys any sort of weapon.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
Quote from: D4D
x2
You can leave it at my place if you like :)
I'll just need the keys incase I need to ... um... move it..

Quote from: GGPatrol
so far this year we have spent 18 nights under canvas.
we are only in month one - your score is already probably be double what I get to do..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »
Its our holiday house, being portable we can holiday anywhere, mountains, seaside or desert. The kids are still young enough to be able to get away and sometimes you just have to pack up and go, so far this year we have spent 18 nights under canvas.

GG

Please don't take this as one upmanship. I promise its not..............

but we've done 21 nights..... ;D
Its just I'm really REALLY REALLY happy about it.

Hope to achieve lots more.

Cheers
Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
cause l can  >:D                                                                                 

:cheers:

& at 2 km per liter extra on the run for accomodation where ever l chouse to camp ,,,,,,,,,,,, :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline nuozzie

• Swag User
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
Hi I think it's the freedom, you have a choice of where to go and when, all you have to do is hitch up and your away with in a couple of hours your in heaven for a while
now's the time to sit relax and read a good book

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:12 PM »
For us it's the ease of getting away.
Before the camper we would have to get everything down from the mazanine in the shed. Sort it out, pack it into Nav. Then organise the food, bedding and personal stuff. Sometimes it would take a day or more.
Now we just throw the bedding, food and personal stuff into Nav. Hook up the fully packed camper trailer and away we go. We can be on the road within an hour of deciding to go camping.
I won't even get into the ease of setting it up.
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »

I love owning a CT because to me it means getting out into reality and away from our insanity for a short while each fortnight.  It's my bit of weekend fun.  Some weeks at work make me treasure my CT all the more.  I don't worry how many nights under canvas (but of course the more the better) but how often ... we get away fortnightly and we love it.  By the start of week 2 I am craving a night under canvas!

It could just be the smoky smell of it.   :cup:

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Boxhead 71

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Listen, CALM DOWN!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »

X 3  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And i love it.  ;D [The camper, not the lack of time to use it or shed space taken up or farting around to get to stuff behind it or.........]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:20:17 PM by Boxhead 71 »
Strong as an ox, smart as a tractor!
I love to wake up to the sound of a Jake brake and the smell of chainsaws in the morning.

Offline hoytshooter

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
Theres nothing like pouring a beer ,sittin back with friends on a beach , up at the barrington tops or at a caravan park and thinking ... i can take this anywhere .. and i built it ....... best feeling in the world .... :cheers:
It ain't camping if theres not beer and pizza involved.....

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »
Ease of getting away, 13 nights in it so far this year and that is three separate camping trips, being a teacher has it's benefits off the top of my head I can think of 12 of them all seven days long ;D

Ours lives outside, the shed is for the Shit I don't use so much, as for the rest of the argument, we take the ballet/dancing/farting and parties with us
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline Juzzman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
Last year my next door neighbour bought a 2nd house up on the river, I was mildly envious until the next day when I walked past our CT and realised that we already have a 2nd home that we have the freedom to be near the river, beach, mountains, high country, low country, desert, open plains...................all for a couple of hundred $$ a year for rego and insurance, it doesn't get any better  :cheers:

If I am at home on weekends there's always jobs to be done, You go out to the backyard to fix one thing and find another 5+ jobs that also need doing. When I'm away in the CT, I wake up, coffee and breakie, and then go for it, a whole day for exploring, bushwalking, 4wding or relaxing with no regrets and no little voice in my saying "you need to fix this today'  :D
NT Pajero, Lots of nice stuff
Camel Camper, More nice stuff!!!

Offline timneva

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado GXL and Cub CT
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »
Every time I look at my camper, it reminds of the hundreds of days we've had in so many amazing places this fantastic country has to offer. It constantly makes me plan new weekends and holidays to places we haven't been as well as places we have that we thought were great. I'm always on the lookout for new places to camp away from the rate race. It's well looked after, it's always ready to go and I can take it anywhere (or just about) my fourbie goes.
Quite simply - I love it!

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 04:54:10 PM »
I have had the outlaws over for the last week and another two weeks to go - its been great camping out the back yard avoiding them - if it was not the ct it would be a cell i would be calling home.
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
we love just getting away in the fresh air when like.... it is ours.... we actually went away camping for our honeymoon with our dogs back in 2000 for 4 weeks.... rather that than go and waste the money overseas...

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
I don't have one and I don't know what one I want anymore.  ??? ??? ??? ???