Author Topic: Suby's SA WA NT trip  (Read 1954 times)

Offline suby

• Swag User
Suby's SA WA NT trip
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »
Hi all,

I have been sucking information from this great site for a while. I Finally signed up. 

We, my wife and I plan to drive around Aus, from late March to mid August. We live in Brisbane and will be really starting from Eyre Peninsula SA and taking our time via , WA then NT. We will likely only spend a few days in transit through QLD and NSW to maximise our time not on the eastern states. The east is more accessible so that is for in the future.

We have been working on the trip for a while and in the last year or so have driven around Tassie, and out to Innamincka SA via QLD and back via northern NSW. I have long service leave and its a one in a lifetime opportunity to do this. We are traveling on the light side with a Subaru Forester and light weight aluminum soft floor camper. Plan on doing some fairly remote roads and beaches on the way and planning for top end dry season. We hope to do Gibb river road etc.

In preparation I have some questions, and will log to the appropriate forum sections...

Cheers,

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
Re: Suby's SA WA NT trip
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:07:49 AM »
 Welcome Suby,
                      Great to have you here !!!!....Look forward to hearing and seeing pics of your up coming trip.

We love pics...!!!!!! 

Cheers Tracker.    :cheers:
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

KingBilly

Re: Suby's SA WA NT trip
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
G'day and welcome to myswag.  Good luck with your prepartions for your big lap.  The Forseter is a great vehicle and should serve you well.

Happy camping
KB